NBC, MSNBC Sink To Bottom Of Who The Public Trusts...

Most low information lefties depend on the comedy channel for news anyway.

Yeah, that is pretty hilarious. But not surprising. And it does explain why so many Communists/Democrats come off as being so damn snotty & dumb. I was reading the other day that this is where they get a lot of their 'News & Information' from too. It really does explain a lot...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bqEZYQF5Xo]"Whoopi's Goldberg" FART REMIX - YouTube[/ame]

^^ Thinks a fake YouTube video represents "left media".... :lmao:

There's the contrast: I post a succinct analysis of the commercial news business, how it got that way, what factors drive it and what it costs the public citizen... you post a fake fart video.

Speaks volumes about your sources.

This bizarre incident did actually occur on a show that has proven to be a major source of 'News & Information' for you loony Communists. So like i said, it does explain a lot about your Dumbed-Down demeanor.

Why are Republicans so concerned lately about MSNBC? Many threads seem to be dedicated to them, Rachel Maddow, others at NBC, etc... Seems like Republicans are worried for some reason.

Could be MSNBC is doing something right to cause this.

Why are so many Democrats so concerned about FOX News? Many threads seem to be dedicated to them, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and others at FOX... Seems like Democrats are worried for some reason.

Could be FOX is doing something right to cause this...

See how easy that is?

There's a difference, and it's huge:

Lefties are making FOXNEWS threads and criticizing to point out that they don't use facts.

Righties are making MSNBC threads and criticizing because MSNBC DOES use facts.

It's all because the Right knows there is more to this Chris Christie story and MSNBC is the leading bulldog on it. So the Right just does what it always does: attack the messenger.

NBC got hit pretty hard when it was discovered that they had edited George Zimmerman's discussion with a police dispatcher. I also suspect that MSNBC is dragging down NBC news. MSNBC is always being forced to fire its employees or at least forcing them to apologize for the dumb and angry things they say. Only the hyper-partisan far left progressives tend to watch MSNBC. ABC and CBS leans democrat. Fox news leans republican. NBC leans democrat but has been greatly damaged by sloppy and corrupt "news" gathering. MSNBC, of course is just race baiting brain candy for the far left reactionaries.

Last edited:
NBC News and sister cable network MSNBC rank at the bottom of media outlets Americans trust most for news, with Fox News leading the way, according to a new poll from the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling.

In its fifth trust poll, 35 percent said they trusted Fox news more than any other outlet, followed by PBS at 14 percent, ABC at 11 percent, CNN at 10 percent, CBS at 9 percent, 6 percent for MSNBC and Comedy Central, and just 3 percent for NBC.
NBC, MSNBC sink to bottom of who the public trusts | WashingtonExaminer.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Not surprised. Hard to trust a network that takes the soundbites of the party opposite of it's views and creatively edits them.

Yeah, that is pretty hilarious. But not surprising. And it does explain why so many Communists/Democrats come off as being so damn snotty & dumb. I was reading the other day that this is where they get a lot of their 'News & Information' from too. It really does explain a lot...

"Whoopi's Goldberg" FART REMIX - YouTube

^^ Thinks a fake YouTube video represents "left media".... :lmao:

There's the contrast: I post a succinct analysis of the commercial news business, how it got that way, what factors drive it and what it costs the public citizen... you post a fake fart video.

Speaks volumes about your sources.

This bizarre incident did actually occur on a show that has proven to be a major source of 'News & Information' for you loony Communists. So like i said, it does explain a lot about your Dumbed-Down demeanor.

If I were such a doofus that I actually thought somebody's junior high school YouTube fake fart edit was a real thing, I might have second thoughts about using the term "dumbed down demeanor" on someone else -- nomsayin'?

Kinda like preaching all about how the ignorant populace is addicted to technology and mass media, and then in the very next sentence proclaiming "well I'm off to watch the Stupor Bowl". Nomsayin'?

Dumbass.

Last edited:
The Washington Examiner? The paper that said Obama is moving the Ohio Chrysler plant to China?
crying-with-laughter.gif

:lol:

The Examiner wasn't the pollster fool. PPP was. They are D oriented and extremely accurate.

Read and learn liberal moron.

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina. PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and Chief Executive Officer.

PPP is described as one of the "most accurate" polling companies and also as a "Democratic-leaning" polling company because it polls only for Democratic and progressive campaigns and organizations on a private basis.

Public Policy Polling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Why are Republicans so concerned lately about MSNBC? Many threads seem to be dedicated to them, Rachel Maddow, others at NBC, etc... Seems like Republicans are worried for some reason.

Surely you jest. Oh on second thought you probably don't think any of their many apologies recently are warranted since you are a progressive.

Republicans aren't worried about MSNBC. Conservatives aren't worried about NBC.

Let's recap.

You have the lawsuit from Zimmerman brought because they edited the 911 tape on purpose to present Zimmerman as a racist and racially profiling Martin. Three long term employees were fired and the lawsuit is proceeding.

Then most recently you have Martin Bashir resigning after his assertion that Sarah Palin needed someone to shit in her mouth, piss in her eyes and mouth, be flogged and have salt rubbed in her wounds.

Then comes along Melissa Harris Perry and her panel mocking Mitt Romney's young adopted grandchild who was black.

And another idiot who just tweeted an incredibly inflammatory statement accusing all Republicans of racism.

MSNBC has been doing a lot of apologizing lately.

:eusa_angel:

Surely you jest. Oh on second thought you probably don't think any of their many apologies recently are warranted since you are a progressive.

Republicans aren't worried about MSNBC. Conservatives aren't worried about NBC.

Let's recap.

You have the lawsuit from Zimmerman brought because they edited the 911 tape on purpose to present Zimmerman as a racist and racially profiling Martin. Three long term employees were fired and the lawsuit is proceeding.

Then most recently you have Martin Bashir resigning after his assertion that Sarah Palin needed someone to shit in her mouth, piss in her eyes and mouth, be flogged and have salt rubbed in her wounds.

Then comes along Melissa Harris Perry and her panel mocking Mitt Romney's young adopted grandchild who was black.

And another idiot who just tweeted an incredibly inflammatory statement accusing all Republicans of racism.

MSNBC has been doing a lot of apologizing lately.

:eusa_angel:

What Sarah's saying is, why all the thread-attention focused on MSNBC if it's so bad? If it's what you describe here, shouldn't its reputation speak for itself without endless threads pushing the idea? I mean American_Jizzhat has practically made his own career out of it.

So the free market of ideas needs a push, then?

Funny, if Fox Noise fucks up and somebody puts up a thread about it, suddenly up pop the whack-a-moles demanding "why are liberals so obsessed with Fox?". Strange contrast, isn't it?

Btw this article doesn't quite mean what the illiterati (the OP) think it means. Read:

In its fifth trust poll, 35 percent said they trusted Fox news more than any other outlet, followed by PBS at 14 percent, ABC at 11 percent, CNN at 10 percent, CBS at 9 percent, 6 percent for MSNBC and Comedy Central, and just 3 percent for NBC.

Stop there, add those up: 35 + 14 + 11 + 10 + 9 + 6 + 6 + 3 = 94%. Presumably the other 6% is made up of several smaller sources all under 3%.

That means a respondent is being asked to vote for one outlet only. Now let's see the narrative of the poll itself, which is here -- the link given didn't seem to want to list that for some odd reason...

>> PPP's 5th annual poll about trust in TV news continues to find what it does every year: Fox News is both the most trusted and least trusted name in news.

... It leads the way because of its continuing near total support among Republicans as the place to go for news- 69% of Republicans say it's their most trusted source with nothing else polling above 7%
. <<

This was quoted in the link and the OP. Next is the part they chose to excise:

>> Meanwhile Democrats are split between a lot of different outlets when it comes to who they have the most faith in- PBS at 21%, CNN and ABC at 18%, and CBS and MSNBC at 12% all poll in double digits. It's interesting that while Fox News and MSNBC are often thought of as equivalent, Fox News is by far and away the most trusted source of GOP voters while MSNBC is only tied for 4th among Democrats. <<

Now that's just a tiny bit different from what was implied in the yahoo story. If alphabets (traditional broadcast networks only) are taken as a whole they come out to 23%. Add CNN and it's 33%.

Next paragraph in the PPP report notes:

>> Fox News also leads the 'least trusted' list in our annual poll. 33% give it that designation to 19% for MSNBC, 14% for Comedy Central, 11% for CNN, 5% for ABC, 4% for CBS, and 2% each for NBC and PBS. <<

The article did mention that Fox won the 'least trusted' category although it didn't go into any inconvenient details or contrasts. The OP didn't mention it at all. Perhaps the phone rang at that moment. But it does tell us almost twice as many consider Fox their "least trusted" source as those who consider MSNBC their "least trusted".

Finally, continuing again:

>> When you look at the 8 outlets we tested individually, only one is clearly trusted by a majority of Americans. That's PBS, which 57% say they trust to 24% who don't. Most Democrats (80/6) and independents (49/31) trust it and it at least gets an even split with Republicans at 38%.

Voters are closely divided about most of the rest of the outlets- Fox News comes in at 44/42, CBS at 39/37, CNN at 40/40, NBC at 39/39, and ABC News at 37/38. In Fox's case 75% of Republicans trust it while only 20% of Democrats do. For all the rest of them around 60-70% of Democrats trust them, but only around 20% of Republicans do. <<

The full results of the poll (pdf here, which was also not given at the yahoo article) indicate that the major news entity that got the fewest "trusted" answers was actually ABC, at 37%, followed closely by CBS and NBC at 39, with CNN running at 40. In other words, dead heat. The two entities (out of everybody) who got the most "don't trust it" votes were MSNBC and Fox, with 44 and 42% respectively -- another dead heat.

Now look down to Q16 and notice that the population of the poll leans right: 43% of respondents described themselves as "somewhat" or "very" conservative, while 31% described themselves as "somewhat" or "very" liberal.

Sliiiiightly different results from the implication in the title and the OP. Which once again underscores why it's imperative to get news from credible journalistic sources, rather than the Drudges and National Exhuminer. Unless of course you're engaged in constructing a fake alternate reality.

Nothing like slanting the news, huh Paulie? :thup:

Lots more breakdowns at the pdf, including how people voted and lots of demographics by age, race, gender etc. -- although disturbingly all these demographics add up to 100%, which means there was apparently no option for "refused/no answer". But suffice to say the poll doesn't say what the yahoo OP and article indicated it did.

Oh wait, one more thing (Colombo voice)... the source, that yahoo article (and I'm using 'yahoo' as an adjective, not the site Yahoo) - the Washington Examiner:

>> The paper's national political coverage, which also appears in Examiner papers in Baltimore and San Francisco, was previously headed by Bill Sammon, a former Washington Times reporter who has written several books praising George W. Bush. (Sammon is now the deputy managing editor for Fox News Channel's Washington bureau.[1]) Chris Stirewalt, who has been described as "a true conservative voice"[2], is the Examiner's political editor. Mary Katherine Ham, former managing editor of the conservative Townhall.com, briefly served as the Examiner's online editor for a few months in 2008 [3] before joining the Weekly Standard.[4] Matthew Sheffield, executive editor of the Media Research Center blog NewsBusters, is in charge of the Examiner's website.[5] Byron York, formerly of National Review, joined the paper in February 2009.[6] << (Sourcewatch)

Not that there's, y'know, collusion going on or anything... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
This supports my assertion that all networks besides FOX tilt left in their coverage. Of course all other networks would split up the democrat viewers since they tend to report from a democrat's view point. Except for MSNBC that leans progressive. FOX of course leans right which means they have no other network to compete with for republican viewers.

This supports my assertion that all networks besides FOX tilt left in their coverage. Of course all other networks would split up the democrat viewers since they tend to report from a democrat's view point. Except for MSNBC that leans progressive. FOX of course leans right which means they have no other network to compete with for republican viewers.

As usual you're mostly quite logical here John. :thup:

How ya been?

I'd single out the first sentence though: if you have a contrast between "one" and "the rest", and you know that "one" is the one that leans right, it does not follow that "the rest" must lean left. It merely means "the rest" do not lean right.

Amirite?

Then again there's the larger picture: "left" and "right" are of course relative. On a map of the US, Pittsburgh is to the "right" of Cincinnati; but it's to the "left" of Philadelphia. So while Cincinnati may be the farthest "left" of the three, it's nowhere near as "left" when compared to Kansas City.

What I'm suggesting is that it's not a matter of Fox being "right" and the rest being "left" or the rest being "center". It's more a matter of the rest being "right" and Fox being "more right". That is, if looked at on a grand spectrum of everything. Inasmuch as the mass media we have is monopolistically corporately centralized, and inasmuch as we are a center-right country, I submit that this is exactly the case. Your alphabets and CNN may be analagous to places like Nashville and Cincinnati, while Fox is over there in Philadelphia. At the other extreme MSNBC maybe reaches Denver, if even that. But that West Coast where our sterling demagogues like to pretend our corporate media lives -- there aren't even towns out there.

And thanks for taking the time to examine my post. :beer:

Last edited:
:razz:

How ya been?

I'd single out the first sentence though: if you have a contrast between "one" and "the rest", and you know that "one" is the one that leans right, it does not follow that "the rest" must lean left. It merely means "the rest" do not lean right.

Then again there's the larger picture: "left" and "right" are of course relative. On a map of the US, Pittsburgh is to the "right" of Cincinnati; but it's to the "left" of Philadelphia. So while Cincinnati may be the farthest "left" of the three, it's nowhere near as "left" when compared to Kansas City.

What I'm suggesting is that it's not a matter of Fox being "right" and the rest being "left" or the rest being "center". It's more a matter of the rest being "right" and Fox being "more right". That is, if looked at on a grand spectrum of everything. Inasmuch as the mass media we have is monopolistically corporately centralized, and inasmuch as we are a center-right country, I submit that this is exactly the case. Your alphabets and CNN may be analagous to places like Nashville and Cincinnati, while Fox is over there in Philadelphia. At the other extreme MSNBC maybe reaches Denver, if even that. But that West Coast where our sterling demagogues like to pretend our corporate media lives -- there aren't even towns out there.

I tend to disagree with a lot of what you say but I always admire your ability to make an intelligent point (even when you're wrong,lol). Hope everything is going well in your part of the world. I'm going to hit the sack so have a nice night. I'll have to fervently disagree with ya later. :)

Last edited:
NBC got hit pretty hard when it was discovered that they had edited George Zimmerman's discussion with a police dispatcher. I also suspect that MSNBC is dragging down NBC news. MSNBC is always being forced to fire its employees or at least forcing them to apologize for the dumb and angry things they say. Only the hyper-partisan far left progressives tend to watch MSNBC. ABC and CBS leans democrat. Fox news leans republican. NBC leans democrat but has been greatly damaged by sloppy and corrupt "news" gathering. MSNBC, of course is just race baiting brain candy for the far left reactionaries.

Insightful analysis. Thanks.

:razz:

How ya been?

I tend to disagree with a lot of what you say but I always admire your ability to make an intelligent point (even when you're wrong,lol). Hope everything is going well in your part of the world. I'm going to hit the sack so have a nice night. I'll have to fervently disagree with ya later. :)

But for now you fervently agree. Check :thup:

A simple "you're right again as usual" would have sufficed. But I'm crushed -- crushed I tell you-- that you excised the word "amirite" from my post. Not only is it a clever play on 'left' and 'right', it's the first time I've used that word. :crybaby:

CNBC Editor-in-Chief: Viewers Not as "Stupid As We Think They Are"
July 2, 2017
Daniel Greenfield

We're in the Democracy Dies in Darkness era. Most news stories touching any partisan issue are editorials filled with special pleading, smears and a simplistic narrative.

And yes, readers, viewers and users are not that stupid. Some are. But anyone who has a genuine opinion and pays attention can quickly spot the shoddy bias. And even if they keep watching, reading or listening, credibility is lost.

CNBC Editor-in-Chief: Viewers Not as "Stupid As We Think They Are"

Forum List

Back