Navajo Code Talker Joe Kellwood dies at 95

We are losing all our WW2 vets.

My dad would have been 97 now had he still been living.

He was 22 when drafted for WW2 in 1942.

Both of my Grandfathers served. Now they are gone and I wish I had asked more questions.

Never heard of Joe Kellwood, but I do know the story of the code talkers. They all deserve the respect and gratitude of the country. Too bad they only started receiving a small amount of that in recent years instead of when they first got back from the war.

Both of my Grandfathers served. Now they are gone and I wish I had asked more questions.
Both my grandfathers were in the Great War, I remember some stories they recounted from when I was young, but I'm thinking I got it all wrong in the details, and they're not around anymore to clear it up unfortunately.

Not as old as you think, keep in mind that people can have children even in their 40s.

Both my grandfathers were in the Great War, I remember some stories they recounted from when I was young, but I'm thinking I got it all wrong in the details, and they're not around anymore to clear it up unfortunately.
My Grandfather was in both World Wars. He was called Home before I was born.

Native Americans couldn't buy a beer but they served in combat. The legend of "code talkers" is exaggerated by Hollywood but it makes for a good story.

Forum List

Back