Native American Actors Quit Adam Sandler Movie Over Complaints Of Stereotypes

Now he can make a comedy about a director who wants to make a movie and his actors quit because they don't like the movie. Sounds like as good a premise as the original.

ok with me Moonglow , I have no use for these shows or movie makers or actors so to he11 with the actors who are the lowest on the rung . Let them do their jobs as actors / jesters and keep their mouths shut or let them get some EBT !!

Last edited:
n-ADAM-SANDLER-large570.jpg

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A group of American Indian actors walked off the set of an Adam Sandler movie this week over complaints about stereotypes, offensive names and scenes they say disrespected Native American religious practices.

Actor Loren Anthony told The Associated Press on Thursday that he and eight others quit the production of the satirical Western "The Ridiculous Six" after producers ignored their concerns about its portrayal of Apache culture and the inappropriate use of props.

Anthony said the script included offensive names for Native American female characters and a scene where a Native American woman urinated while smoking a peace pipe. Another scene used chicken feathers on teepees, he said.

"Right from the get-go, it didn't feel right. But we it let it go," said Anthony, a Navajo actor who started work as an extra on the movie Monday. "Once we found out more about the script, we felt it was totally disrespectful to elders and Native women."

"The Ridiculous Six" is produced by Sandler and Allen Covert and is slated for a Netflix-only release. Production began this month in Santa Fe and elsewhere in northern New Mexico.

More: Native American Actors Quit Adam Sandler Movie Over Complaints Of Stereotypes

Just more proof that Adam Sandler is an asshole. He's also a Jewish Republican asshole - and a lousy actor.

..."ignored their concerns about its portrayal of Apache culture and the inappropriate use of props."

"But we it let it go," said Anthony, a Navajo actor who started work as an extra on the movie Monday."

Out of curiousity, how do Apache feel about being portrayed by Navajo?

What would Native America look like today if it had been allowed to evolve on its own - without the outside influences of the European invasion?

good question , will never know I guess . What are your thoughts if you have ever thought about your question Lakhota ??

And then they complain they don't get any parts in movies

Maybe Sandler should have made a movie that belittles Republican Jews.

No ... The RWs here would be all over that. Imagine what these hypocrites would say if the stupid sports teams were named after Jews. But its okay to make fun of Native Americans and Hispanics, and its always open season on Blacks.

Thing is, whites really don't understand how important, how very precious family is to Native Americas and Hispanics. Nor do whites understand or share their respect and love for their elders. Whites just don't have that depth of feeling and commitment to their own families.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A group of American Indian actors walked off the set of an Adam Sandler movie this week over complaints about stereotypes, offensive names and scenes they say disrespected Native American religious practices.

Actor Loren Anthony told The Associated Press on Thursday that he and eight others quit the production of the satirical Western "The Ridiculous Six" after producers ignored their concerns about its portrayal of Apache culture and the inappropriate use of props.

Anthony said the script included offensive names for Native American female characters and a scene where a Native American woman urinated while smoking a peace pipe. Another scene used chicken feathers on teepees, he said.

"Right from the get-go, it didn't feel right. But we it let it go," said Anthony, a Navajo actor who started work as an extra on the movie Monday. "Once we found out more about the script, we felt it was totally disrespectful to elders and Native women."

"The Ridiculous Six" is produced by Sandler and Allen Covert and is slated for a Netflix-only release. Production began this month in Santa Fe and elsewhere in northern New Mexico.

More: Native American Actors Quit Adam Sandler Movie Over Complaints Of Stereotypes

Just more proof that Adam Sandler is an asshole. He's also a Jewish Republican asshole - and a lousy actor.

Ok please. Get a life! It's a friggin movie. No one cares

Fuck you! Many do care!

And then they complain they don't get any parts in movies

Maybe Sandler should have made a movie that belittles Republican Jews.

No ... The RWs here would be all over that. Imagine what these hypocrites would say if the stupid sports teams were named after Jews. But its okay to make fun of Native Americans and Hispanics, and its always open season on Blacks.

Thing is, whites really don't understand how important, how very precious family is to Native Americas and Hispanics. Nor do whites understand or share their respect and love for their elders. Whites just don't have that depth of feeling and commitment to their own families.

Sure they do. I don't know how you can say that.

It's a spoof on the Magnificent Seven and westerns in general. I question how many people in today's age have actually seen the Magnificent Seven or watched anything by Akira Kurosawa for that matter to even recognize that it was a take off of the Seven Samurai . Frankly, had this movie come out some short time later-like within the first twenty years after Magnificent Seven it would probably have done well. Not because the stereotypes would have been more acceptable but because the genre and the movie/s would have been well known.

In fact, Mel Brooks was successful because he took stereotypes and slapped people around with them. That would have been the perfect time frame.

I don't find Sandler particularly funny. But, it is a spoof. It's not that he doesn't get it or that anyone else doesn't get it. He is a comedian and he makes fun of everyone. Again-not that he does it well. He isn't doing this to be malicious. He isn't doing this because he actually believes the stereotypes.

I understand completely that producers talked down and were demeaning. I don't think Beavers Breath is funny. I find nothing even close to funny in it. I do question why someone would expect authentic Apache costumes to be used in a comedy that is a spoof of a genre that has never managed to get authentic anything.

I will jump up and down and scream about the Disney Pocahontas. I wasn't impressed with the Lone Ranger's Tanto.
Further, I am perplexed that I should have outrage over a comedy when there has been little to no attention paid to those issues that absolutely are relevant. I will choose my own outrage.

Last edited:
Joking about Native Americans is like making fun of retarded people

Fuck you! Many do care!
yea all 100 of them.....

Forum List

Back