National Poll Shows Support for Wisconsin Governor

nice try,but no.
national polls for local state problems are meaningless.

National polls for the feelings of people in a particular state are meaningless. National polls about the feelings of individuals elswhere that will soon face the same decisions as the good people of Wisconsin do mean something for the outcomes of those issues in those other states.

Whether you see this or understand this or not, this is a water shed moment in American NATIONAL politics.

It's an online poll that in part polled subscribers to the site.

again national polls are bad gauges for local state issues. If you do a national poll about florida gators and the people overwhelming like them, it still makes no difference. They dont live in Florida. Now if you did a poll in florida about gators you might have a point.

If all Democrat candidates in all states accept that the only state that has voters that want stable tax rates are in Wisconsin, that will be great for one of the political parties.

Last edited:
I seem to recall a bit of USMB rightwing 'skepticism' when the Daily Kos commissioned poll a couple weeks ago found:

2011_02_22_Blumenthal_20110222aflchartsmall.png

I watched an interview with a man who analyzes polls and the methodology of taking polls.

He noted that if the poll identified the group as "Government Workers" or as "Public Sector Employees", the polling results reversed.

The question is not with whom people sympathize. The question is, "Do you want your taxes to increase to support the increased wages and benefits of the Public Sector Employees?"

That is the question that politicians will be asking in the next run to the offices.

There are Public Sector Unions in all of the states.

Nope. Public sector unions are illegal in North Carolina and Virginia.

I stand corrected.

Virginia's budget is in suplus.

North Carolina is in deficit and the deficit is due to a reduction in revenues during the long recession and is just about equal to the reduction in Medicare Payments from the Feds to pay for Obamacare.

Last edited:
LOL, a DailyKos poll. A beehive of lefties. You know fer sure THAT poll will be NON-PARTISAN. yeah right.:lol:

you see folks, polls ONLY mean something if they reflect the Liberals points of view.

Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be.

The OP walks right into it. Attacks a poll commissioned by a left leaning group after posting a poll commissioned by a right leaning group.

Too easy.

Here's how the OP's poll probably gets the skewed results.

If you looked at the methodology, it was broken down into Republicans, Democrats, and Independents.

The Republican and Democrat results were just what you'd expect, but the Independent results were strongly anti-union, pro-Walker.

The thing is, Independents can be conservative moderate or liberal. If your Independent portion is overweighted in conservatives, you can get the result the OP's poll shows,

and no one is the wiser.

What the public really thinks is hardly the concern of the MASTERS.

Oh they'll pretend to care, but then they're do what is in their best interests, anyway.

Talk is cheap.

LOL, a DailyKos poll. A beehive of lefties. You know fer sure THAT poll will be NON-PARTISAN. yeah right.:lol:

you see folks, polls ONLY mean something if they reflect the Liberals points of view.

The OP walks right into it. Attacks a poll commissioned by a left leaning group after posting a poll commissioned by a right leaning group.

Too easy.

Is that all you are about?
you are THAT shallow?

Too easy.

you are THAT shallow?

I knew your poll was horseshit after about 3 minutes worth of research.

Too easy.

you are THAT shallow?

:lol:
No, his point in posting the Kos poll was just THAT obvious!

It's an online poll that in part polled subscribers to the site.

lol

A Fox News online poll would have different results than MSNBC online poll on a political question. They both appeal to a different political ideology and their audiences reflect that divide. Then throw in subscriber only online poll with an organization that has an agenda that that makes the poll totally irrelevant.
The righties even bashed a poll by Rasmussen that showed Walker's popularity dropping like a rock and righties worship Rasmussen. Now they are gushing over a biased website's online poll that's for it's subscribers only??? Amazing. :clap2:

Last edited:
You are the biggest moron on this sight.

And you're still the biggest JERKoff on the board, so what.
You remind of a little bitty Chihuahua that is always nipping at peoples heels until they turn around and kick your ass against the wall.:lol:

yeah i hate those dogs. Regardless, i rather be that dog than you. That dog is even smarter than you.

you are a dog. so your wish is there for all to see.
meow:lol:

Is it reasonable to be skeptical of a poll conducted by a group that advocates for the private sector, and is openly unfriendly to the public sector?

The Free Enterprise Nation's primary mission is to:
•Educate Americans as to the true costs of federal, state, and local governments that redistribute property from taxpayers to government employees and their allies. Educate taxpayers to make them more informed and responsible voters.
•Unify like-minded individuals and businesses to create an organization of strength and mass in order to advance the common cause of the preservation of our free enterprise economy.
•Advocate for the broad and common economic interests of the private sector using every means available, including advertising, appearances by spokespersons on television and radio, providing information to the press, and engaging lobbyists to support or oppose legislation at federal and state levels.

Republicans are unfriendly to America in general. The country just hasn't figured that out, at least not yet.

you have zero right to be alive based on this post and how stupid you are.

And *YOU* are the final arbitor of such a proclimation junior? Your liberal thinking is humorous and Dangerous. YOU are like those striking in Madison Wisconsin...Braindead and willing to disrupt even though principles are never considered...

*YOU* are an *IDIOT*

well, a few things, this is a poll of folks Outside of Wisconsin. There is a level of disengagement that will creep in as they don't have to live with the results either way.

its looks like they tooks pains to balance the poll as much as possible I will give them that-

as noted-
FEN analysts went to great lengths to eliminate bias from ultimate published poll results. Three separate polls were taken, consisting of three polling categories:

Category 1 was a specific request to each of the 10,000+ poll-takers who had taken the FEN October 2009 pre-election poll. That poll had accurately forecast the lack of engagement by younger voters, the high turnout that would be seen by voters over the age of 50, and a strong move to the right by Independent voters, resulting in a predicted “blow out” by Republican candidates.

Category 2 consisted of a request to FEN members to take the poll.

Category 3 consisted of poll-takers who responded to ads appearing on conservative, liberal and union-sponsored websites.

Between March 3 and March 9, in excess of 3,200 voters completed the FEN poll.

Polling data was first analyzed by polling category, and no material differences in results were seen.

Questionnaires from all polling categories were combined into a new database, and from this database of 3200 completed questionnaires, those taken by residents in Wisconsin (10% of total) were excluded. From the remaining 2,900 questionnaires, 500 questionnaires were randomly selected for each political category and combined into still another new database.

The resulting database of 1500 was evenly divided between Democrats, Republican, and Independents, approximating the current distribution of eligible voters, and is the database from which poll results were derived and reported.

FEN analysts believe that bias has been eliminated, and that the results of this poll have a statistical reliability of +/- 3%.

I sppt. Walker and have a feeling that folks who have really educated themselves, indie and reps. and dems would tip the scales in walkers favor but I am not sure how much stock to put in this poll, I think they are very close to the real numbers but I am leery of online polls in any event.

And yes, I would also prefer a poll from a polling org. who is not as close to the issue....*shrugs*

Last edited:
There are Public Sector Unions in all of the states.

Nope. Public sector unions are illegal in North Carolina and Virginia.

I can't speak for North Carolina but public sector Unions are not illegal in Virginia (at least in Education). Many of the teachers in our division are in either the VEA or AFT chapters. Joining is voluntary and if you so desire as an employer we allow payroll deduction of your dues. VEA

Being a "Right to Work" State does not mean that Unions are illegal, that means an employee can't be forced to join a union or required to pay does to one (s)he doesn't belong to.

>>>>

Last edited:
well, a few things, this is a poll of folks Outside of Wisconsin. There is a level of disengagement that will creep in as they don't have to live with the results either way.

its looks like they tooks pains to balance the poll as much as possible I will give them that-

as noted-
FEN analysts went to great lengths to eliminate bias from ultimate published poll results. Three separate polls were taken, consisting of three polling categories:

Category 1 was a specific request to each of the 10,000+ poll-takers who had taken the FEN October 2009 pre-election poll. That poll had accurately forecast the lack of engagement by younger voters, the high turnout that would be seen by voters over the age of 50, and a strong move to the right by Independent voters, resulting in a predicted “blow out” by Republican candidates.

Category 3 consisted of poll-takers who responded to ads appearing on conservative, liberal and union-sponsored websites.

Polling data was first analyzed by polling category, and no material differences in results were seen.

Questionnaires from all polling categories were combined into a new database, and from this database of 3200 completed questionnaires, those taken by residents in Wisconsin (10% of total) were excluded. From the remaining 2,900 questionnaires, 500 questionnaires were randomly selected for each political category and combined into still another new database.

The resulting database of 1500 was evenly divided between Democrats, Republican, and Independents, approximating the current distribution of eligible voters, and is the database from which poll results were derived and reported.

FEN analysts believe that bias has been eliminated, and that the results of this poll have a statistical reliability of +/- 3%.

I sppt. Walker and have a feeling that folks who have really educated themselves, indie and reps. and dems would tip the scales in walkers favor but I am not sure how much stock to put in this poll, I think they are very close to the real numbers but I am leery of online polls in any event.

And yes, I would also prefer a poll from a polling org. who is not as close to the issue....*shrugs*

Independents does not describe a poltical stance. There are liberal, moderate, conservative Independents.

Without knowing the political leaning of the Independents in the poll, which I didn't see anywhere, you cannot know if they were a biased subset or not.

as noted-

Independents does not describe a poltical stance. There are liberal, moderate, conservative Independents.

Without knowing the political leaning of the Independents in the poll, which I didn't see anywhere, you cannot know if they were a biased subset or not.

really? I'll tell my independent 'moderate' friends....I think you should alert the media too.

Forum List

Back