National ID

All for it. Let it show my SSN, my driver's license and other key information. It will help to stop the illegals from using the sytem, if done correctly.

-TSO

With 24 states openly defying the 2005 real id act, and 46 states in non-compliance, it looks pretty dead already.
DHS has announced they are unwilling to enforce it, because of the open defiance by most of the states, and extended the deadline by a year. Even by May 2011, dhs has said they doubt they can enforce a law that 24 states have passed legislation to oppose, and 22 other states have such financial problems they can't afford to implement it.
Oddly, in another thread on this topic, A man in New Jersey was surprised to find that his state was one that openly opposes it, as does my state of AZ. Seems to me that if both liberal leaning states and conservative leaning states oppose it, there must be some serious problems with it.

I'm guessing a density of tinfoil hat wearers in those states opposed to it.

-TSO

No, as stated in my previous post, az and nj oppose it. a conservative and a liberal state.
Get off the partisan-stupid stump and get some reading comprehension and research for yourself.

The main reason it is opposed in 24 states, and not implemented in 22 others, thats 46 states- a majority of the union, is that it was an unfunded mandate. It requires most states to revamp their entire driver's licensing program.

partisanship fails on this one, its truely a bipartisan issue of funding.

Do 46 states have a tin foil hat wearing population?
My guess is your state too, has not implemented it.

I'm guessing a density of tinfoil hat wearers in those states opposed to it.

-TSO

What color is your tin foil hat?

Illinois
HJR 27, opposes any portion of the Real ID Act that violates the rights and liberties guaranteed under the Illinois and US Constitutions and urges Congress to repeal Real ID (Adopted 5/22/07).

You live in IL, where in your own words "I'm guessing a density of tinfoil hat wearers in those states opposed to it."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

With 24 states openly defying the 2005 real id act, and 46 states in non-compliance, it looks pretty dead already.
DHS has announced they are unwilling to enforce it, because of the open defiance by most of the states, and extended the deadline by a year. Even by May 2011, dhs has said they doubt they can enforce a law that 24 states have passed legislation to oppose, and 22 other states have such financial problems they can't afford to implement it.
Oddly, in another thread on this topic, A man in New Jersey was surprised to find that his state was one that openly opposes it, as does my state of AZ. Seems to me that if both liberal leaning states and conservative leaning states oppose it, there must be some serious problems with it.

The most ironic thing about state nullification is that libs assume its a 'consevative thing' but it can be used by any state for any reason whenever a law created by the federal government is unconstititional in some way. It can even be used by the patriot act but they won't do it.

Thank God someone thought of state nullification for REAL ID because that would have been a disaster. Its the reason, I believe, that states should have more individual say over whether they want a law enforced over their territory. It puts a check on the federal government.

Forum List

Back