NASA's InSight lander on Mars

how freakin many are they going to send???!!!

I think they keep doing Mars because Mercury, Venus and Jupiter are totally impossible.... Like totally and completely cannot land on them.

Jo
The Russians have landed probes on Venus.

Yes but they were destroyed almost immediately I believe....though you seem to know more than I do.
Venus is one angry goddess....surface temp about 800 degrees I believe also highly corrosive and up to 1000 psi in atmosphere for pressure.

I think they keep doing Mars because Mercury, Venus and Jupiter are totally impossible.... Like totally and completely cannot land on them.

Jo

Yes but they were destroyed almost immediately I believe....though you seem to know more than I do.
Venus is one angry goddess....surface temp about 800 degrees I believe also highly corrosive and up to 1000 psi in atmosphere for pressure.
They didn't survive for long, that's true, but it was back in the 70s IIRC. I'm sure we could do better today.

Here's a link to some pics from the surface.

Redirect Notice

Jo

They didn't survive for long, that's true, but it was back in the 70s IIRC. I'm sure we could do better today.

Here's a link to some pics from the surface.

Redirect Notice

Pretty damn impressive I'd say.

Jo

Jo
we've seen it
if they are going to spend $$$, let's do something else

Yeah, let's give it to rich people who already have so much money they don't know what to do with it.
ever hear of the US DEBT!!!??
...real smart--just like idiots in the US--whine when they go into debt--and they keep spending money on crap
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Mars is the only known planet populated entirely by robots.

mars2.jpg

Jo
we've seen it

Yeah, let's give it to rich people who already have so much money they don't know what to do with it.
...real smart--just like idiots in the US--whine when they go into debt--and they keep spending money on crap
Thats what we get for letting a tiny percentage of our population hoarde our nation's wealth.

Jo
we've seen it

Yes, and the US has huge debt and keeps giving money to the rich like candy.

Jo
we've seen it

Yes, and the US has huge debt and keeps giving money to the rich like candy.
lol, yeah right, prove it troll.

I'm surprised no one here mentioned InSight earlier.

I heard about it. It’s landing on a boring part of the moon on purpose. It’s going to look inside the planet and measure the atmosphere or something like that. I’d love to know more. What it looking for and what technology is being used to achieve its goals?

I'm surprised no one here mentioned InSight earlier.

I heard about it. It’s landing on a boring part of the moon on purpose. It’s going to look inside the planet and measure the atmosphere or something like that. I’d love to know more. What it looking for and what technology is being used to achieve its goals?

What "moon" did it land on?

Forum List

Back