#NARRATIVEFAIL: Deep Bore Into Antarctica Finds Freezing Ice, Not Melting as Expected

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Freezing ice demonstrates global warming. I have a model proving this. Send me money.

"The surprises began almost as soon as a camera was lowered into the first borehole, around December 1. The undersides of ice shelves are usually smooth due to gradual melting. But as the camera passed through the bottom of the hole, it showed the underside of the ice adorned with a glittering layer of flat ice crystals—like a jumble of snowflakes—evidence that in this particular place, sea water is actually freezing onto the base of the ice instead of melting it.

“It blew our minds,” says Christina Hulbe, a glaciologist from the University of Otago in New Zealand, who co-led the expedition. The Ross Ice Shelf is considered more stable, at present, than many of West Antarctica’s other floating shelves—and this observation could help explain that: if a few inches of sea water periodically freezes onto the bottom of its ice, this could buffer it from thinning more rapidly."

Deep Bore Into Antarctica Finds Freezing Ice, Not Melting as Expected.

I'd have to drill down a solid inch before I found gravel in my driveway. I could have rented out my driveway to the Winter Olympics to be used as a luge run.

Freezing ice? LOL Freezing water. And they are going to continue drilling holes and see what the results are in the coming years.
Stop arguing against my computer model I wrote, Mr Anti Science.
Computers never lie.

Hey man.......show an eye chart to a climate crusader that reads like this to the whole world >>

E T P D S E N

In public, they'll read it back like this with 100% certainty >>

O M N I P O T E N T

This in no way undermines any accepted theories...

Clearly you are too dumb to have come up with this con yourself. Where did you get it?

This in no way undermines any accepted theories...

Clearly you are too dumb to have come up with this con yourself. Where did you get it?

Whatta retard! He is too stupid to click on a link, or just Google it for himself.

The pet theory of consensus climate science during the last twenty years is that ocean water is eating away the ice from the bottom, which could cause a collapse of the ice sheets. They drilled a hole where they thought this was happening and found ice forming instead of melting. Bummer for them. But give them time, they'll find an explanation to show that it is 'worse than we thought'.

Forum List

Back