Nancy Reagan's Shameful Legacy

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Shared, of course, with her husband - their willful ignorance has the blood of hundreds of thousands of gay men and IV drug users on their hands.

...But the Reagans also played a critical role in the HIV/AIDS crisis that ravaged the United States in the 1980s.

Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, or AIDS, originated in the Democratic Republic of Congo around 1920, according to Avert, a charity on the forefront of AIDS activism and treatment since the disease began to spread in the 1980s. While only 121 deaths from AIDS were reported in 1981, the number of cases skyrocketed to 100,000 in the U.S. by 1989.

Human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, is the virus that leads to AIDS. Today, people with HIV can live long and relatively healthy lives — without ever progressing to an AIDS diagnosis — if they adhere to a strict cocktail of medications, but in the '80s when no one really understood what was happening, HIV inevitably turned to AIDS, causing many deaths. That's why the Reagans' refusal to address the issue in a timely manner is often seen as the scarlet letter on their otherwise lauded time in office — the administration’s inaction, mainly due to the fact that most affected by the disease at the time were part of the LGBTQ community, led to many deaths, and so much suffering.

Though the World Health Organization was holding meetings about AIDS by 1983, the White House offered little support for awareness of the epidemic. Reagan, who first took office in 1981, didn’t publicly address AIDS until well into his second term. According to ABC, more than 20,000 Americans had died from the disease by the time he first spoke about it.

but in the '80s when no one really understood what was happening,

:rolleyes:
And most republicans thought it was a deserved punishment sent by God. They were grateful for it.

I wouldn't know I wasn't even born yet but I suspect...like everything else you post...it's bullshit
Yes you do like to stay uninformed. Reagan's socially conservative, evangelical base abhorred gay people so thoroughly they cheered the spreading of AID's. It's not a big secret. Some social conservatives still do:

Five Republican Candidates Will Join Bigot Pastor Who Says God Punishes Gays With AIDS (VIDEO)

Reagan was politically savvy, and that's why he completely and shamelessly ignored AIDs. He knew if he addressed it, his base would abandon him.

Shared, of course, with her husband - their willful ignorance has the blood of hundreds of thousands of gay men and IV drug users on their hands.

...But the Reagans also played a critical role in the HIV/AIDS crisis that ravaged the United States in the 1980s.

Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, or AIDS, originated in the Democratic Republic of Congo around 1920, according to Avert, a charity on the forefront of AIDS activism and treatment since the disease began to spread in the 1980s. While only 121 deaths from AIDS were reported in 1981, the number of cases skyrocketed to 100,000 in the U.S. by 1989.

Human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, is the virus that leads to AIDS. Today, people with HIV can live long and relatively healthy lives — without ever progressing to an AIDS diagnosis — if they adhere to a strict cocktail of medications, but in the '80s when no one really understood what was happening, HIV inevitably turned to AIDS, causing many deaths. That's why the Reagans' refusal to address the issue in a timely manner is often seen as the scarlet letter on their otherwise lauded time in office — the administration’s inaction, mainly due to the fact that most affected by the disease at the time were part of the LGBTQ community, led to many deaths, and so much suffering.

Though the World Health Organization was holding meetings about AIDS by 1983, the White House offered little support for awareness of the epidemic. Reagan, who first took office in 1981, didn’t publicly address AIDS until well into his second term. According to ABC, more than 20,000 Americans had died from the disease by the time he first spoke about it.

She inject them? Make them infect each other?
What did she do? Be specific.

And most republicans thought it was a deserved punishment sent by God. They were grateful for it.

I wouldn't know I wasn't even born yet but I suspect...like everything else you post...it's bullshit
Yes you do like to stay uninformed. Reagan's socially conservative, evangelical base abhorred gay people so thoroughly they cheered the spreading of AID's. It's not a big secret. Some social conservatives still do:

Five Republican Candidates Will Join Bigot Pastor Who Says God Punishes Gays With AIDS (VIDEO)

Reagan was politically savvy, and that's why he completely and shamelessly ignored AIDs. He knew if he addressed it, his base would abandon him.

Your video isn't from the 80's. Now tell me how Nancy Reagan made people get AIDS

the truth is, aids never broke the top 10 in killers, not even close.

but its NR's fault you couldn't be responsible, instead of being an adult and taking care of yourselves, you spread it among your tiny population, you murdered each other for a few minutes of pleasure than spread your sickness to others.

but it's NR's fault

filth like the 'people' on the left make me wish there was a hell. Not eternal flames, just having to confess how much they lied and how wrong they were and actually be sorry for the hate they spread. so eternity for those that can't learn, oh wait, leftist can't learn....

Your video isn't from the 80's. Now tell me how Nancy Reagan made people get AIDS
Why me? You're the one who made that up. She certainly couldn't have cared less when people asked her to do something about it.

I'm old enough to remember the 80's. They hadn't figured out yet that gay sex was a very efficient way to spread AIDS. Nancy was big on saying no to drugs so she may have saved some drug users from getting AIDS from shared needles. Don't give her credit for that!

To suggest Nancy ought to be ashamed about the AIDS outbreak is not just inaccurate but is also a crappy way to spit on her fresh grave.

Why me? You're the one who made that up. She certainly couldn't have cared less when people asked her to do something about it.

This thread is nonsense. In the early 80's nobody had a clue about AIDS and this is an excuse to smear Nancy Reagan.

This thread is nonsense. In the early 80's nobody had a clue about AIDS and this is an excuse to smear Nancy Reagan.
Not having a clue never stopped a scared social conservative from condemning an entire group of people and cheering that God was having them killed.

Not having a clue never stopped a scared social conservative from condemning an entire group of people and cheering that God was having them killed.

They tried to shut down the gay bathhouses, as a health hazard, the homos fought against the shut down.

They screwed themselves....Errr....they only have themselves to blame.

Funny thing is Reagan never said a word about the disease until right before his former friend Rock Hudson died from it. Of course that was right after Nancy refused to help Hudson get treatment.

Funny thing is Reagan never said a word about the disease until right before his former friend Rock Hudson died from it. Of course that was right after Nancy refused to help Hudson get treatment.

I still don't know how you can blame Nancy Reagan to this kind of ailments. Rock Hudson was rich when he passed away with aids. He doesn't need Nancy or others to get treatments. What can Nancy or others do to help Hudson? Once you have AIDS it's a certain death.
Hate to say this thread is bs.

so fags don't know how to find help?

a grown fucking man can't figure out how to see a doctor?

rot in hell

DZn2Qhd.jpg

Forum List

Back