My take on the GOP primary

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
The GOP primary... at first it was amusing and hilarious, watching the candidates try to destroy each other. Trump was always good for laughs, and it was delicious watching the Bush dynasty get embarrassed into oblivion. Pretending Carson had a chance... Fiorina's face... Crispie... Lyndsey Graham... greatest reality show ever.

But now we have a candidate, Trump, who has been winning since day one. He's spent the least amount of money, he's refused to play the shady backroom deals game that the GOP establishment thrives on, he was the target of every last one of the other candidates... and here he is leading in votes, delegates, and has won the vote in double the number of states compared to his closest competitor.

And now we are witnessing an election being completely and shamelessly stolen away. The GOP establishment has turned all of its resources against Trump. First, it was Fox News. Then it was the establishment RINO's in the house and senate. Then it was talk radio. And now, it's the entire establishment machine. I've never seen anything like this. And they are doing it right out in the open, daring Trump's supporters to do anything about it or to stay home in the general election. We have media personalities who were once trusted by the people, like Mark Levin and his ilk, now calling for a brokered convention where the nomination can be stolen away from the candidate who wins the majority of the votes and handed to whoever the establishment wants. Tonight Levin was defending the establishment, and saying that Lyin' Ted deserves your support because he's the establishment choice. It's unreal!

The entire GOP establishment is doing all it can to silence it's own supporters. The culmination of it all being the disgrace that has happened in Colorado. A rule was passed there by the establishment so that if the people of Colorado voted for someone they didn't like, they could piss on them and hand the delegates over to whoever will help them achieve their ends.

No matter your party affiliation or political leanings, you should be sickened by this.

If you've seen me post before you know I lean left on most issues, but I can't believe the state of the GOP right now. There are posters here saying that the people's vote doesn't matter, and that letting people vote is not important to a Republic. It's unbelievable.

Lyin' Ted was outed as a cheater in Iowa, Florida, and South Carolina. And now he's stolen an entire state's worth of delegates without firing a single shot. Brave new world.

politics1.gif

This is hardly anything new. The GOP is an organization with members and a hierarchy. The number of delegates needed to win the nomination is 1237. If Trump gets that number, he will be the nominee.

If he does not, he is not guaranteed the nomination. That means he did not win....so nothing can be stolen from him.

Wait until the GOP rules committee meets shortly before the convention. That's when they make/change rules for their party's convention? You'll here about "rule 40B" a lot. They will likely eradicate it so that someone other than Trump and Cruz can become eligible.

Nope. I'm not sickened at all by this. It's the way party politics has always been done. We just haven't seen an election this weird in like 30 years.

• Banned
This is hardly anything new. The GOP is an organization with members and a hierarchy. The number of delegates needed to win the nomination is 1237. If Trump gets that number, he will be the nominee.

If he does not, he is not guaranteed the nomination. That means he did not win....so nothing can be stolen from him.

Wait until the GOP rules committee meets shortly before the convention. That's when they make/change rules for their party's convention? You'll here about "rule 40B" a lot. They will likely eradicate it so that someone other than Trump and Cruz can become eligible.

Nope. I'm not sickened at all by this. It's the way party politics has always been done. We just haven't seen an election this weird in like 30 years.
Possibly. We didn't have such easy access to mass media 30 years ago to expose what happens either.

Yep people don't remember back 30 40 years ago and the smoky back rooms

Yep people don't remember back 30 40 years ago and the smoky back rooms
Before google people didn't know much about lots of things.

Possibly. We didn't have such easy access to mass media 30 years ago to expose what happens either.

Exactly.

If the GOP and particularly, Lying Ted, tinker with the rules leaving Donald and his supporters feeling he has been treated unfairly upon losing the nomination, it is not going to be pretty THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

First- we do not need a two party system, but a multiparty system

Second---what do you think would happen if no on got more than half the e?electoral votes in the general? Horse trading galore

Third--thats the rules. No one said that the people get to choose their representatives! That's an option to which could choose to entertain, but not necessary.

Forum List

Back