my summer class rules!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Well, it sucks in that I have to get up at 7:30. But, it's cool because it's all about gangster movies. And for some wild reason, it counts toward my English major. Cool! The teacher's from Jersey, and she knows her stuff, big-time. I can't believe I was actually able to go to school today and watch Scarface and talk about it for 30 minutes! And, I made an A- on my first paper, which was 1/5 of our final grade. And, the coolest thing is that I'm friends with one of the cool girls in the class, so I get to sit with all the hot chicks and look like a pimp!:D

Here's what we watched this week:
Mon. - Bonnie and Clyde (not a gangster movie, but we were discussing outlaws vs. gangsters, and why they're both so popular in american movies. This was really good, by the way, way better than I expected)
Tues. - Scarface (1932)
Wed. - New Jack City
Thurs. - Scarface (1983)

Some of the other movies we have coming up are Goodfellas (can't wait for this one!), The Godfather, and Jackie Brown. And we're going to watch a couple episodes of the Sopranos. To be honest, I really don't even mind all the reading (we're reading The Godfather, Clockers, and Wise Guy). I wish school would always be this much fun!

Damn, sounds like the breakfast club instead! hahahahah! glad your enjoying it though Dan! must suck having to go in summer, but if you enjoy it, makes up for the rest.

Forum List

Back