My response to the statement "thank you for your service"......

Take the appreciation with class and don't be an ass....

Quick question...............how can I take the appreciation with class if the other person is an ass and doesn't appreciate or understand the lengths that I or any other person who has served in the military has gone to so that everyone can have a say in our government?

If you choose to not vote, then you also do not choose to appreciate the sacrifices that those who volunteered to serve in the military gave.

We are a democracy, and with that is the freedom to choose our leaders. One person, one vote.

If you don't vote, you've just wasted the sacrifice of those who have served in the military that ensure your right to vote.

If you want to tell me how much you appreciate my service, then do me the favor of actually voting, which is what I spent so much time serving to allow you to do.

If you don't vote, don't tell me how much you appreciate my service, because by not voting, you're pissing all over the sacrifice that I as well as others, did for this country.
Oh come off your high horse. You didn't join the military to protect people's right to vote. You may or may not have had a sense of patriotism or duty but many people join to get a start in life with learning a skill.

Yep, you can get called into action so it isn't just another job but you browbeating people like you are George Washington is just stupid, and quite frankly, shameless. I knew a lot of deadbeats in the military, some of them next to worthless in the private sector. To them the gig was about income and security, retirement and bennies.

People have the right to not vote and don't need some self proclaimed attention whore looking to capitalize off of his career choice giving them a hard time. Get over yourself.

Quick question...............how can I take the appreciation with class if the other person is an ass and doesn't appreciate or understand the lengths that I or any other person who has served in the military has gone to so that everyone can have a say in our government?

If you choose to not vote, then you also do not choose to appreciate the sacrifices that those who volunteered to serve in the military gave.

We are a democracy, and with that is the freedom to choose our leaders. One person, one vote.

If you don't vote, you've just wasted the sacrifice of those who have served in the military that ensure your right to vote.

If you want to tell me how much you appreciate my service, then do me the favor of actually voting, which is what I spent so much time serving to allow you to do.

If you don't vote, don't tell me how much you appreciate my service, because by not voting, you're pissing all over the sacrifice that I as well as others, did for this country.
Voting or not voting is a freedom in the nation...It's part of the freewill of Americans...

Oh come off your high horse. You didn't join the military to protect people's right to vote. You may or may not have had a sense of patriotism or duty but many people join to get a start in life with learning a skill.

Yep, you can get called into action so it isn't just another job but you browbeating people like you are George Washington is just stupid, and quite frankly, shameless. I knew a lot of deadbeats in the military, some of them next to worthless in the private sector. To them the gig was about income and security, retirement and bennies.

People have the right to not vote and don't need some self proclaimed attention whore looking to capitalize off of his career choice giving them a hard time. Get over yourself.
Did you know of any soldiers hurting themselves to get out of duty or to get discharged?

Did you know of any soldiers hurting themselves to get out of duty or to get discharged?
Yep. From way back in boot camp. One guy from Florida took a dive in the stairwell right after the minimum time was in and got disability for life. A back injury that didn't show up in the x-rays.:rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back