My President, Right or Wrong: Bush

Worst thing Bush did was create an environment ripe for Obama to step in and take over. Obama = worst POTUS eva.

Really? tell me about reagan. You know, just to prove you even know who he is...Oh, wait. There's always wikipedia where you can pretend to be informed. Listen, quit hiding behind your oh so transparent "it's his policies" schtick. You faggots suck so much reagancock it's sickening and yet, if you had the slightest idea of what regan did during his tenure, you'd either get off Obama's back, or off reagan's dick. All republicans aren't racist, but all racists are republican. :poop:

Bush drove me from the GOP with his liberal use of our tax money.

The libs called it voodoo economics and booed him when he started sending us all [taxpayers] yearly checks.

of course when big 0 came to town, it got upped and was a good idea all of a sudden.

I admire Bush for rallying the country immediately after 9-11 and help bring the nation out of shock
I admire the work he did to fight AIDs in Africa
I admire his stand on Illegal Immigration
I admire his sense of humor

I admire Bush for rallying the country immediately after 9-11 and help bring the nation out of shock
I admire the work he did to fight AIDs in Africa
I admire his stand on Illegal Immigration
I admire his sense of humor

I can absolutely agree with all that.

For both men, I admire their love and devotion to their wife and children.

The libs called it voodoo economics and booed him when he started sending us all [taxpayers] yearly checks.

of course when big 0 came to town, it got upped and was a good idea all of a sudden.

I should have phrased the question as "whatever you feel about the person, debate from the opposite perspective."

Bush was bad, for reasons you've stated. Therefore - what did he do right.

I should have phrased the question as "whatever you feel about the person, debate from the opposite perspective."

Bush was bad, for reasons you've stated. Therefore - what did he do right.

UE got down to 4%. Tying or exceeding record lows.

I voted for Bush twice.

He was the right man in the right place at the right time after 9/11.

He went after the SOB's with a vengence and then proceeded to keep this country safe for seven years.

He will always have my respect for that.

Second term everything went to hell in a handbasket.

Positives for President Obama:

Although I oppose President Obama on almost all things of any political importance, I can say this (although I have said it before):

He did not HAVE to authorize the taking-out of Osama bin Laden. It was, imho, an easy call to make and the RIGHT one, but it did come with the potential for negative ramifications. Notwithstanding the possible downside, he made the call. I still give him props for it.

I also happen to think that his attention (militarily) to Afghanistan was a fairly principled decision on his part and I endorse it.

It appears to me that he is a decent father and I respect that quite a bit.

He also seems to be a fairly likeable guy on a strictly personal level.

Negatives for President George W. Bush:

FAR too tepid on Border Security.

FAR too willing to try to "deal" with back-stabbing liberal Democratics during his two terms in Office.

Spent recklessly (not even counting the costs of the War effort and the costs imposed by virtue of 9/11).

Failure to outright PARDON Scooter Libby.

Failure to outright PARDON the two Border Patrol Agents Compeon and Ramos.

I honestly can't think of anything political I like about Obama... I'm not one of the people on these boards to go after Obama for making the hundreds of gaffs or the way he might dress... I only look at his policies and he is literally Bush's third term and I really didn't like Bush.

Bush literally tried to become a liberal, full blown liberal in office, I mean the bad version of liberal, spending on everything type of liberal. That is all Obama is, just full blown big spending crappy liberal... Or they are both Neocons, take your pick because the policy is the same. Neocon or Progressive, liberal or conservative I don't care what you call them because they are the same on almost every single issue when it comes to direct policy.

What gets me is how the fringe cock loving Obama supporters on these boards try (lol) to make Obama out to be a liberal moderate… Well if his policy is exactly the same as Bush’s does that make Bush a liberal moderate lol?

Positives for President Obama:

Although I oppose President Obama on almost all things of any political importance, I can say this (although I have said it before):

He did not HAVE to authorize the taking-out of Osama bin Laden. It was, imho, an easy call to make and the RIGHT one, but it did come with the potential for negative ramifications. Notwithstanding the possible downside, he made the call. I still give him props for it.

I also happen to think that his attention (militarily) to Afghanistan was a fairly principled decision on his part and I endorse it.

It appears to me that he is a decent father and I respect that quite a bit.

He also seems to be a fairly likeable guy on a strictly personal level.

Negatives for President George W. Bush:

FAR too tepid on Border Security.

FAR too willing to try to "deal" with back-stabbing liberal Democratics during his two terms in Office.

Spent recklessly (not even counting the costs of the War effort and the costs imposed by virtue of 9/11).

Failure to outright PARDON Scooter Libby.

Failure to outright PARDON the two Border Patrol Agents Compeon and Ramos.

Excellent post, thank you.

I honestly can't think of anything political I like about Obama... I'm not one of the people on these boards to go after Obama for making the hundreds of gaffs or the way he might dress... I only look at his policies and he is literally Bush's third term and I really didn't like Bush.

Bush literally tried to become a liberal, full blown liberal in office, I mean the bad version of liberal, spending on everything type of liberal. That is all Obama is, just full blown big spending crappy liberal... Or they are both Neocons, take your pick because the policy is the same. Neocon or Progressive, liberal or conservative I don't care what you call them because they are the same on almost every single issue when it comes to direct policy.

What gets me is how the fringe cock loving Obama supporters on these boards try (lol) to make Obama out to be a liberal moderate… Well if his policy is exactly the same as Bush’s does that make Bush a liberal moderate lol?

Frankly, I don't know what to make of either of them anymore. The right has moved so far right, that I am now officially right.

I like the Bush has said he will not criticize Obama and that he hopes he succeeds. I like the Bush has kept a low profile after his presidency. I like that Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana two days before Katrina hit. One day before Katrina hit he declared a state of emergency in Mississippi and Alabama. On the same day Katrina hit NO and the levees broke, I like that Bush declared Katrina an incidence of national significane thus allowing FEMA on that same day to start using federal funds. I like that 3 days after the storm hit Bush said that not enough was being done. I also respect the fact the Bush took full responsibility for the failure of the federal response to Katrina.

I'm not happy with NCLB. I was not happy with TARP. I was not happy with the Medicare Part D plan. I've lost close friends in both Iraq and A-Stan and although we all knew what we were getting into, I'd rather have my buddies around.

Um, in case y'all haven't noticed. Bush isn't President anymore. :eusa_eh:
And Hitler isn't the Fuhrer of Germany anymore but recollections of the damage he did to that nation are timeless.

Bush was one of the worst if the the worst president in our history.

He deliberately carried out the will of the emerging plutocracy by successfully breaking the backbone of America, which was its middle class. He did this by profligate spending which he mainly accomplished by initiating two major military adventures without budgeting for either and by simultaneously reducing taxes on the super-rich cronies of his "base," a move which unavoidably is economically ruinous and thereby clearly revealed his intentions.

By invading and occupying the non-aggressive and virtually defenseless nation of Iraq Bush made America into something resembling the early days of the Third Reich. It was a war crime and is historical cause for shame. In doing that, George W. Bush disgraced America in the eyes of the world.

He is a criminal.

Take the alternating side. If you despised Bush - what did he do right.

If you admired and respected Bush - what did he do wrong?

I voted for the man twice, but I was not politically aware until Obama took the stage. And if you doubt that, then you're not paying enough attention. MOST Americans are as I was back then. They vote party, for no good reason. "He's against abortion? I'm against abortion! Count me in!" And so it goes.

I'd like to believe y'all can maintain your dignity long enough to not bring the current POTUS into it. Use your TARDIS, travel back to say October 2008, and start typing.

What makes you politically aware now?

Take the alternating side. If you despised Bush - what did he do right.

If you admired and respected Bush - what did he do wrong?

I voted for the man twice, but I was not politically aware until Obama took the stage. And if you doubt that, then you're not paying enough attention. MOST Americans are as I was back then. They vote party, for no good reason. "He's against abortion? I'm against abortion! Count me in!" And so it goes.

I'd like to believe y'all can maintain your dignity long enough to not bring the current POTUS into it. Use your TARDIS, travel back to say October 2008, and start typing.

Bush's mistakes:

He cut income tax rates but not AMT
NCLB
DHS
Federalizing the TSA (with the same idiots in many cases)
Medicare Part D
GM Bailout Round 1
TARP
He blinked on partial optional Social Security privatization
He should have started the Iraq drawdown in Spring 2007
He should have gotten rid of DADT

Things Bush did right....

Funded the AIDS fight in Africa.

That's it.

Things Bush got right:
-Standing on the ruins of the WTC and comforting the people of NYC and the nation.
-Initial attack on Afghanistan.
-Opening an undersea protected park near Hawaii.
-Proposing a path to citizenship through a guest worker program.
-Allowing Jim Baker to advise him in his second term..and replacing Donald Rumsfeld with Robert Gates.
-Tax cuts for the middle class.
-Most "colorblind" president in history.
-Bernake appointment.
-Aid to Africa.

Things he sorta got right:
-Medicare part D.
-TARP and GM bailout.
-Not bailing out Enron and friends.
-Brokering the Bear Stearns deal.
-Judge Roberts to the Supreme court.

Things he screwed the pooch on:
-Tax cuts for the wealthy.
-Underfunded regulators.
-Lax on environmental regulations.
-Attack on Iraq.
-Relations with allies and adversaries alike.
-Not provisioning funding for entitlements, new departments or 2 wars.

Overall..a terrible President.

For Bush, everything was "sortof". I remember how proud Bush was of "No child left behind". But it was never funded.
I don't really see how "proposing something" is a "success". But I understand you are attempting to be kind. That makes you a better person than Bush or any Republican in this current party.

Things Bush did right....

Funded the AIDS fight in Africa.

That's it.

And by cutting funding for any organization that promoted condoms, he probably did much more harm than good. Taking care of people is a good thing, but if you could have prevented that illness in the first place and didn't because of a failed ideology, then how much good did you actually do?

Forum List

Back