My paintings

Discussion in 'Arts & Crafts' started by Dajjal, Aug 24, 2012.

1. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,898
    I have faith in you and your talent to make it a masterpiece...…...you'll do fine

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,032
    [​IMG]

3. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,227
    After seeing the photo I spent the day in bed, because I paint with my emotions and have ups and downs. But after thinking about it I think I can redeem the painting. Firstly I am going to paint out the light rays coming down from the sun and cover them with black. Then when the black is dry I will paint the light rays in again. That should tidy them up. Then I have the problem of painting the face. The whole picture leads you to look at the face and at the moment it is nothing. I have held back on it because it is so small, only about an inch tall, that painting eyes and a mouth will be difficult. But if it fails I will just keep going over it till I get it right.

I have come this far with it, so I might as well finish it, even if it is crap. At least I have started painting again, and my next picture might be better.

4. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,227
    DSCN0002 (2).JPG

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,227
    Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. Then did some more work on my painting and took another photo. This time its in focus. But its still not finished. I just wanted to see if I could improve on my last terrible photo.

6. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,227
    Dear Moderators, if you should happen to read this I was wondering if you could delete post 96 from this thread.
    I posted a terrible photo of my painting and the thread would be better off without this large file.
    I was not used to using my digital camera, and forgot to reduce the size of the file before posting it. So its just wasting space.
    Thanks.

7. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,227
    I finished the painting above that I was working on and coloured in the aura, with the result that it looks like crap. I remember now why I gave up painting. I knew I was just not good enough. But I am not giving up again yet, and am attempting to start another picture.

I had hardly touched a brush for years , apart from the failed sunflower picture, and I have learned a lot from doing the above picture. Like how to paint light rays, and how to do glazing. So it was not a total waste of time and materials.

I am spending money on materials and buying canvas on stretcher frames at £30 a time. So its getting expensive to waste a canvas painting trash. I used to paint on hardboard but the art world do not take such paintings seriously, so I am going to use canvas from now on. I am probably wasting my time, but I live in hope my next painting will be better.