Must feel good to have the last laugh huh Hug?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
you have the threads to prove it that BEFORE the season began,you said the Seahawks would not only go to the superbowl,that they woud win it all and while you saying it back then,you were also saying they are going to be a dynasty.

People laughed at you back then when you said that. I wonder where all those laughs are now from them since many of them that laughed at you are avoiding that thread of mine trying to get them to come on and admit they know nothing at all about football thinking the donkeys had a prayer to beat your hawks.:D

They must be quiet now about laughing at you when you said they would be a dynasty because of the fact many sportsnewspapers like ESPN for example, are agreeing with you and saying the same thing.:D I guess they are all nuts as well though according to their warped minds though im sure.:D

Last edited:
Two things. Russell Wilson and Turnover Thursday.

Most fans of other teams didn't have the luxury of seeing Wilson grow into the clutch QB he did late in the season before last. Now that they have all seen the midget game manager hardly ever throw a ball except for TDs when it counts the most in the playoffs and SB they can now see what I saw and there is no denying the kid from Wisconsin has the "it" factor and has emerged the best of the three highly praised "best QB class of the last decade".

The "other" factor that most teams fans overlooked was because it is such an uncomon feature of any defense and that is the predictability of our defense forcing turnovers.

The T/O ratio was HUGE last year for the Hawks. It wasn't an accident. It will continue like that because Carroll teaches it. Take the third string CB Byron Maxwell. He played behind Thurmond Thomas who played behind Brandon Browner. The kid has been coached up to play within Carroll's system and low and behold he got 4 int in his last 5 games. He is now the starter. He got burned on only two passes I can think of in his 5 games and those catches could have just as easily been interceptions. He is the least experienced player in our "Legion of Boom". The LOB will be taking the field intact in 2014. I expect no different results.

Dynasty is just a fancy word for a team that is getting better not being dissembowelled by free agency. The Seahawks were the youngest team to ever win a SB. They will be better just with the maturation and experience factors alone.

This season I expect the Hawks to be friggin AWESOME and do in fact project a repeat. I doubt the Donkeys will have an answer for the Seahawks in Superbowl 50 either.

Two things. Russell Wilson and Turnover Thursday.

Most fans of other teams didn't have the luxury of seeing Wilson grow into the clutch QB he did late in the season before last. Now that they have all seen the midget game manager hardly ever throw a ball except for TDs when it counts the most in the playoffs and SB they can now see what I saw and there is no denying the kid from Wisconsin has the "it" factor and has emerged the best of the three highly praised "best QB class of the last decade".

The "other" factor that most teams fans overlooked was because it is such an uncomon feature of any defense and that is the predictability of our defense forcing turnovers.

The T/O ratio was HUGE last year for the Hawks. It wasn't an accident. It will continue like that because Carroll teaches it. Take the third string CB Byron Maxwell. He played behind Thurmond Thomas who played behind Brandon Browner. The kid has been coached up to play within Carroll's system and low and behold he got 4 int in his last 5 games. He is now the starter. He got burned on only two passes I can think of in his 5 games and those catches could have just as easily been interceptions. He is the least experienced player in our "Legion of Boom". The LOB will be taking the field intact in 2014. I expect no different results.

Dynasty is just a fancy word for a team that is getting better not being dissembowelled by free agency. The Seahawks were the youngest team to ever win a SB. They will be better just with the maturation and experience factors alone.

This season I expect the Hawks to be friggin AWESOME and do in fact project a repeat. I doubt the Donkeys will have an answer for the Seahawks in Superbowl 50 either.

I knew wilson was going to be something special when i saw him in a preseason game here in kc against the chiefs his first year as a starter.I could tell even though it was a preseason game,he was going to be a special player for years to come.

I remember watching him evade a pass rush that not many quarterbacks CAN evade other than Newton and Kapernick and was just in awe of that after watching him evade it and then run down the field for like 30 years on a third and long.

and then later,he threw a bomb down the field on like a 3rd and 15 and hit the reciever only where he could catch it and he was covered very,very well by the defender and that opened my eyes right there,I knew that even though it was just a preseason game,this kid was something special right then.You just dont see quarterbacks like that do stuff like that in the NFL very often.Very seldom do you see that kind of stuff.

I knew right then,Carrol had something special and understood why he chose Wilson over Matt Flynn whom everyone expected to be a starter. I said right then,this guy is going to be a hall of famer and get them to the superbowl someday so I like you,also was able to see unlike most people here,that the Seahawks were going to be something to be reckoned with this year.

especially when I heard sports experts from around the country over the summertime predicting they would be in a superbowl.I was sold right then that they had an excellent shot at it this year.

I knew Wilson would eventually get them to the superbowl and win it all after seeing that preseason game-i said right then to my buddy there day that he was going to be something special,I just didnt expect it to be THIS soon is all.I figured next year at the earliest.

what i didnt see though like you did,was that after the first year,carrol had obviously turned that organization around and had steered them in the right direction and changed the atmosphere of the team with new players brought in.

The only problem he still had there in his first two years there in getting them to win games was that he didnt have a quarterback.He knew that he needed a new quarterback which is why the hawks traded fro matt Flynn. Carrol knew Wilson was something special but I dont think even he knew when they first drafted him,that he would play like a superstar in just his first year like he did.That it would be a year before he was ready but then wilson showed he was ready to go his first year in preseason with the fact he is a quick study.

Carrol had the pieces to get to the superbowl in his second second year he was theree,he just didnt have a quarterback.Wilson was the missing piece to the puzzle for them to take it to the next level and frst get to the playoffs,which they accomplished last year,then this past year,the next step after that,winning the superbowl.they just needed wilson.He was the missing link to the puzzle to complete it all.:dance:

I didnt know it like this one guy i ran into at 7/11 knew back then when they were drafting him.I ran into a chiefs fan here in kc and saw him wearing a chiefs jacket and asked him who he thought was going to win the superbowl and rightly so he said seattle and he then said- i was so pissed and angry on draft day that year,I was so much hoping the chiefs would select him when he was still available in the 3rd round .I was saying-pick him,pick him.and then they passed over him and I threw the chair against the wall.thats what he said.:D

that chiefs fan knew as you did,wilson was going to be something special. I assume you knew like that chiefs fan knew,that wilson was going to be something special before you saw him play in any preseason games for the Hawks am I correct?

Yeah I just dont see anybody stopping them this year either especialy since they resigned Bennet.they knew they had to have HIM back to make it back.as you said before,the scary thing for the rest of the league,is that Wilson is only going to get better this year and you got to assume that Harvin will be ready to go next year and have much more of an impact as well.If he stays healthy? then its lights out for the rest of the league.that offense can REALLY score a bunch of points with him in the lineup.

His presence alone has a huge impact on the defenses of other teams.

yeah like you,I am happy that seattle was the team that got wilson.I would have hated it for any other team to have got him,even my chargers.:D thats because as much as I love my chargers,they are going in no direction.I'm not sold on their new coach and as i have told you before,I am so happy that Carrol is getting vindicated.

Had the owner of the patriots kept him on for just ONE MORE YEAR,"Carrol" would be the one that everybody would have been calling the greatest coach ever instead of belicheat.:cuckoo: what plagued carrol his final two years there,was Bledsoe became washed up.he no longer had a QB.

had they kept him one more year,Brady would have come along and got him back into the playoffs again and CARROL,not Belicheat,would be the one that would have 3 superbowl rings on his hand and two AFC championshop rings as well instead of Belicheat.

so Im so happy for carrol that he got wilson.:eusa_clap::dance: we can expect carrol and wilson to have many more superbowl rings in the future.thats a given.

Last edited:
The Seahawks lost last year's best reciever in Golden Tate today. They had damn better sign Baldwin. With him, Kearse and Harvin the Hawks are still formidable at WR. What Schneider needs to do is bring in a tall athletic WR to compliment the reciever corps.

As 9/11 repeated Wilson will just get better and I'm sure the O-Line will improve. Giacomini went bye bye.. no loss. That goof was an anchor on the team. He had the uncanny ability to get a penalty at the worst possible times. Holding, personal fouls.. face masks ...motion.. He was a loose canon with zero comon sense.

So there are two needs...maybe three that will bring the Hawks up to last years standards and better. Chris Marguis was one of our top gunners on Special Teams and he is gone also.

So.. a beast WR ... a big Rt Tackle for the O-Line and a wildman gunner for ST's and the Hawks should be just fine.

I think Harvin's injury/surgery period is behind him. All Carroll has to do is play him just like he did in the SB and the whole field will open up for the other recievers. Harvin just needs to learn to run out of bounds like he did against Denver to preserve his health.

He will only have to run back a scant number of K/O's because nobody scores many points against the Hawks.

We do have to figure out who can replace Tate on Punt returns also.

As for a repeat.. Vegas has the Hawks as a 9/2 favorite with SF at 7/1. That is the most differential at the top I can remember for many years and flys in the face of the much thought of "repeat" failures of nearly every past SB winner.

I believe the Seahawks have an EXCELLENT chance to repeat and a GOOD chance to threepeat. Two wins isn't a dynasty but three should put that argument on the table.

Last edited:
man that really sucks they lost Golden Tate.I never imiagined they would lose HIM.Im really bummed out right now.I sure wish he had resisted the money and stayed.I wonder if they let him go cause they want to bring back Rice? they should have let rice go and made sure to keep Tate.:mad: wilson will only get better next year but thats a big loss.He played a MAJOR role for them down the stretch making clutch catches and was Wilsons favorite target. I never imiagined they would ever let tate go.Kearse and Rice yeah,but not Tate.thats a big loss they are going to have to try and oversome.

I will be very much interested to hear what those sports experts from the sumer of 2013 that were saying back then that they expected the seahawks to be in the superbowl this past year,what their thoughts on them repeating are now.

Now if THEY say they think the Hawks will STILL make it back,I be sold.They are objective and realistic about things like that Huggy.they never said the hawks and donkeys would go undefeated in the regular season.:D

Hey you never answered my question on -were you like that chiefs fan I ran into before the superbowl who was pissed that the chiefs passed up on wilson on draft day,like him,did you ALSO know wilson was going to be special from his days in college before his first pre season game?

Last edited:
man that really sucks they lost Golden Tate.I never imiagined they would lose HIM.Im really bummed out right now.I sure wish he had resisted the money and stayed.I wonder if they let him go cause they want to bring back Rice? they should have let rice go and made sure to keep Tate.:mad: wilson will only get better next year but thats a big loss.He played a MAJOR role for them down the stretch making clutch catches and was Wilsons favorite target. I never imiagined they would ever let tate go.Kearse and Rice yeah,but not Tate.thats a big loss they are going to have to try and oversome.

I will be very much interested to hear what those sports experts from the sumer of 2013 that were saying back then that they expected the seahawks to be in the superbowl this past year,what their thoughts on them repeating are now.

Now if THEY say they think the Hawks will STILL make it back,I be sold.They are objective and realistic about things like that Huggy.they never said the hawks and donkeys would go undefeated in the regular season.:D

Hey you never answered my question on -were you like that chiefs fan I ran into before the superbowl who was pissed that the chiefs passed up on wilson on draft day,like him,did you ALSO know wilson was going to be special from his days in college before his first pre season game?

I have to be honest. I don't follow the college scene that close. I wait till camp and preseason before I start speculating on a players worth in the NFL. College is a different game. The kids make more mistakes and even though they LOOK like they are fast sometimes..it is usually an illusion because on great plays usually one or two guys is out of position or has chosen a bad tackling angle. Defenses can look better than they really are for about the same reasons. So to answer your question directly. No.. I didn't see Wilson coming until his first pre season. One must acknowledge that part of Wilson's success was the Seattle defense that frequently put him in great field position. In those great comebacks late in his first season ya kinda have to understand that to have 20 plus point come from behind performances... somebody has to hold the other team's offense to 3 and outs or turn the ball over to OUR offense. What CAN be said about Wilson is that he rarely screwed the pooch when he did get an opportunity to shine. What sets Russell Wilson apart from nearly every QB in the NFL is that he is clutch. I can't remember the last time we lost to another team because Wilson screwed up late in a game.

He has NEVER played as badly as Kaepernick did in the fourth Qtr of the NFC Championship game.

I have to be honest. I don't follow the college scene that close. I wait till camp and preseason before I start speculating on a players worth in the NFL. College is a different game. The kids make more mistakes and even though they LOOK like they are fast sometimes..it is usually an illusion because on great plays usually one or two guys is out of position or has chosen a bad tackling angle. Defenses can look better than they really are for about the same reasons. So to answer your question directly. No.. I didn't see Wilson coming until his first pre season. One must acknowledge that part of Wilson's success was the Seattle defense that frequently put him in great field position. In those great comebacks late in his first season ya kinda have to understand that to have 20 plus point come from behind performances... somebody has to hold the other team's offense to 3 and outs or turn the ball over to OUR offense. What CAN be said about Wilson is that he rarely screwed the pooch when he did get an opportunity to shine. What sets Russell Wilson apart from nearly every QB in the NFL is that he is clutch. I can't remember the last time we lost to another team because Wilson screwed up late in a game.

He has NEVER played as badly as Kaepernick did in the fourth Qtr of the NFC Championship game.

No he sure hasnt.:D I see you were like me then,you didnt know wilson was going to be special till you saw him in preseason games in his first year as well.

I have my doubts about them now.Tate was practially the ONLY one wilson threw to down the stretch.remember when i pm'd you about that asking if the hawks had any other receivers because he was about the only one he ever threw to?

I never for a second thought they would let TATE go.:mad:

I figured if they had to free up money,they would let rice and kearse go,never tate.He was a major clutch player from them in the regular season down the stretch as well in the playoffs.Just hope they know what they are doing and have someone else in the wings they think can fill his void.just have to trust them on that I guess.

No he sure hasnt.:D I see you were like me then,you didnt know wilson was going to be special till you saw him in preseason games in his first year as well.

I have my doubts about them now.Tate was practially the ONLY one wilson threw to down the stretch.remember when i pm'd you about that asking if the hawks had any other receivers because he was about the only one he ever threw to?

I figured if they had to free up money,they would let rice and kearse go,never tate.He was a major clutch player from them in the regular season down the stretch as well in the playoffs.Just hope they know what they are doing and have someone else in the wings they think can fill his void.just have to trust them on that I guess.

If you want to follow the Hawks closely there is one thing ya have to have faith in. John Schneider's ability to manage players and have plan's b,c,d,e,....

Check this out.. There is a "buzz" on the Seattle sports stations about bringing Sidney Rice back as that tall physical WR. Ya he had a rough season last with the injuries. BUT if he is healthy again he would be a perfect fit knowing Carroll's system. So...losing Tate may be no big deal at all. Bringing back Rice would be cheap also. He was only cut because he was injury prone in 2013.

If you want to follow the Hawks closely there is one thing ya have to have faith in. John Schneider's ability to manage players and have plan's b,c,d,e,....

Check this out.. There is a "buzz" on the Seattle sports stations about bringing Sidney Rice back as that tall physical WR. Ya he had a rough season last with the injuries. BUT if he is healthy again he would be a perfect fit knowing Carroll's system. So...losing Tate may be no big deal at all. Bringing back Rice would be cheap also. He was only cut because he was injury prone in 2013.

yeah thats what I am thinking that he believes that rice and kearse can fill his void with Harvin in the lineup and they wont miss a beat.carrol and schneider are quite a team thats for sure.

I love how everybody is doing the same thing with this thread that they did with my other threrad that called them out on the Broncos losing.hee hee.

just like my other thread,they hate it that they have to grovel before you and admit you took them to school so they are avoiding these threads of mine that are calling them out.:D they have made sure and let it be known though that they are indeed reading them though in the fact it has over 280 views to it.:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

yeah thats what I am thinking that he believes that rice and kearse can fill his void with Harvin in the lineup and they wont miss a beat.carrol and schneider are quite a team thats for sure.

I love how everybody is doing the same thing with this thread that they did with my other threrad that called them out on the Broncos losing.hee hee.

just like my other thread,they hate it that they have to grovel before you and admit you took them to school so they are avoiding these threads of mine that are calling them out.:D they have made sure and let it be known though that they are indeed reading them though in the fact it has over 280 views to it.:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't want anyone to grovel at my feet or any other part of my body.

Apparently the trouble that visited Carroll at USC by that sneaky friggin Reggie Bush and the missbehavior by a handfull of the players Carroll gave second chances to is what the crybabies focus on.

Strangely enough in a poll of NFL players Pete Carroll is the coach voted as the coach most players would like to play for.

Apparently those in the know look up to Carroll. Only morons with sucky teams keep trying to put Carroll down.

It seems the nay sayers need another lesson in humility in 2014 before they all may be forced to give Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks the respect they are due.

I don't want anyone to grovel at my feet or any other part of my body.

except for that goddess athena of course.:D

whats funny about how the fatc thatplaers around the league have said carrol is the coach they would like to most play for is that an opionion poll taken last year by NFL players,most ranked Belecheat behind Rex Ryan as the most overrated coach in the league.:lol:

They understand that Belecheat was a washout and complete zero when he was coaching at cleveland and a total loser there.That he was nothing there in boston till Brady came along and resurrected his career.:D

I imagine all the news media personaltys at ESPN and other sports outlets well start coming to their senses next year that Belecheat is an overrated hack and within the next five years,Carrol will be the new coach they call the greatest coach ever.:D

When he starts winning multiple superbowls,they wont be able to argue that he is the better coach cause again,look at what Belecheat accomplished BEFORE Tom Brady came along and saved his ass from the toliet while with the cleveland Browns,ZERO.nothing.

Belecheat has only been succesful with ONE organization and ONE quarterback,Carrol got he patriots into the playoffs and won some games as well while taking them to the playoffs as well when he was with the patriots and had only awashed up drew bledsoe to work with.:D

last year when I made a thread about carrol,whay a good coach he is and how hs ie getting the reconition he desrves,i got all KINDS of replys and thats because carrol hadnt won a superbowl yet.they could call me out then,now that they CANT,they are avoiding all my i told you so threads as you have noticed.:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back