Music I Wrote.

I have been a musician since I was 11. I am in my 50's now so do the math. :D I have been messing around writing in a lot of different modes lately. My favorites are Aeolian mode and Lydian mode. The 6th and 4th degree of the scales respectively. I had a lot of music theory in College. Shredding is cool, but writing interesting shit is more cool. :)

I thought I would post this. Comments welcome. If you think it sucks say so, it wont hurt my feelings. If you like cool. I am not trying to impress, just write an interesting little piece of music.

Here is the piece with the chord progression. It doesn't sound hard but it's a bitch to play. Many weird chords. Hope you enjoy.

Night Turns To Day by user183852791 (soundcloud.com)

Angelo tagging you because I know you're a guitar player.

F b11th Am7 #13th Bm Em Am7 G D Dsus4

Cmaj7 Em Am7 Esus4 C/G G D Dsus4

Am7 #13th Em Bm G F C D Dsus4

Bm G F C Bm G Am7 #13th D Dsus4

Cmaj7 Em Cmaj7 Em G Am7 D Dsus4

Am7 #13th Bm Am7 #13th Em Bb C G F C G

Am7 #13th Em Am7 #13th Em F b11th Am7 #13th G
Well I played some sloppy leads over it but it's stuck on my phone with no way to upload it onto here . I'll try to figure something out tomorrow.

Cool. I might record an extended lead for you to check out. I truly think it takes years to really be a good lead player. I'm okay, but I generally have to think things out first. I try to play leads in a lot of different keys. Don't want to be stuck in one spot. :)

Cool. I might record an extended lead for you to check out. I truly think it takes years to really be a good lead player. I'm okay, but I generally have to think things out first. I try to play leads in a lot of different keys. Don't want to be stuck in one spot. :)
I just tried to add some more feeling to it, but it's perfect the way it is.

Thanks Chuz life for the tip on wiki_loops. Great site, I joined and posted my piano "cover" of WQ's song. Un-edited (note piano bench squeak lol)

That is truly amazing. I am honored. Thank you so much for your interpretation. :113:
I'm very happy you like it! It's easy when you have a good score to work with.

Not trying to ruin an otherwise perfect thread, but here's something I was fiddling with today---kind of a David Gilmour ish feel to it.

This is therapeutic for me - hearing how bad I sound will force me to get better. Thanks welfare queen ( who's really a dude)
mail3.gif

E-minor

Last edited:
Not trying to ruin an otherwise perfect thread, but here's something I was fiddling with today---kind of a David Gilmour ish feel to it.

This is therapeutic for me - hearing how bad I sound will force me to get better. Thanks welfare queen ( who's really a dude)View attachment 455550

E-minor
View attachment 455548

I really like this. Yeah a definite Dave Gilmour feel but you have made it your own, Truly impressed, :thup:

This is therapeutic for me - hearing how bad I sound will force me to get better. Thanks welfare queen ( who's really a dude)View attachment 455550

E-minor
View attachment 455548
Yeah I hear Pink Floyd in that! :113:

E-minor
View attachment 455548

I really like this. Yeah a definite Dave Gilmour feel but you have made it your own, Truly impressed, :thup:
Thanks I really appreciate that. Hey here's something you might like ......after 20 minutes he talks about alternate tunings.

Forum List

Back