Murder? Accident? Or Self-Defense?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by BruceWayne, Apr 6, 2008.

1. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=4581800

Cliff's: Angry unarmed mob outside of White's house. White approaches mob with gun. Member of mob goes for gun. White "accidentally" pulls trigger and shoots him.

Murder? Justified?

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Guess it depends on which story you choose to believe. White's or a bunch of kids who had no business being at White's house and clearly from my perspective presented a threat.

Where White screwed up, IMO, is stepping outside his door, and aiming a firearm at someone he did not intend to, but evetually did shoot. Accidentally according to White -- deliberate according to the kids.

I would not take the kids' words that it was deliberate. Based on their behavior, I would not put it past them to lie in an attempt to screw over White. They already wanted to beat up his kid for the color of his skin.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,941
    I don't buy the last minute defense of " I thought of lynch mobs in the south" since he NEVER saw one or experienced one.

However, 3 carloads of people arrive at my house late at night drunk and threatening my son? I WILL arm myself and I will confront them if I have to. Though it was stupid of him to go out to them.

The lack of a phone call is irrelevant in my opinion.

I would hate to have been on that Jury or that Judge after the conviction.

I do know that the blanket belief in everything the "mob" said happened is simply incredible. They started it and they are responsible for what happened. To just accept everything they said happened is crazy.