Mumford and Sons

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
Mumford & Sons - Home

Now one of my favorite bands.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/mumford-sons-subtle-not-so-much/article13977180/

<This Grammy-winning English band is all in, all the time. Monday&#8217;s well-received show began with a dark stage, and Marcus Mumford singing in his intense tremble, &#8220;I can&#8217;t see the others in my life.&#8221; Well, it&#8217;s pitch black, man.

I expected the lights to rise after the first verse, but Mumford continued in the dark right through the first chorus: &#8220;Let me die where I lie, &#8217;neath the curse of my lover&#8217;s eyes.&#8221; At that point the band struck its giant strum and the lights flashed big to life. The screens to the left, right and over top showed these poetic shouters in black and white only, to emphasize the seriousness at hand. The crashing and ebbing went on all night, but my bodice was already ripped wide open by the time things got to I Will Wait: &#8220;So tame my flesh and fix my eyes, that tethered mind free from the lies.&#8221;
>

~~~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumford_&_Sons

<Mumford & Sons are an English folk rock band. The band consists of Marcus Mumford (lead vocals, guitar, drums, mandolin), Ben Lovett (vocals, keyboards, accordion, drums), Winston Marshall (vocals, banjo, guitar, resonator guitar), and Ted Dwane (vocals, string bass, drums, guitar). Mumford & Sons were formed in December 2007, emerging from West London with such artists as Laura Marling, Johnny Flynn and Noah and the Whale.

Mumford & Sons recorded an EP, "Love Your Ground", and performed in small to medium-sized venues in the UK and the United States playing to new audiences and raising interest for a forthcoming album. Their debut album, Sigh No More, was released in the UK and Ireland in October 2009, and February 2010 in the US. The album reached number one in Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, and eventually peaked at number two on the UK Albums Chart and the Billboard 200 in the US. The band gained popularity throughout 2010, performing for larger audiences and making their first network television appearances in the US. On 1 December 2010, the band received two Grammy Award nominations, one for Best New Artist and the other for Best Rock Song ("Little Lion Man"). The ensuing live performance at the Grammy ceremony in February 2011 led to increased airplay and popularity for singles from Sigh No More. The band won the ARIA Music Award for Most Popular International Artist in 2010, and the Brit Award in 2011 for Best British Album.>

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E]Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man - YouTube[/ame]

I missed 'Rage Against the Machine'--90's? earlier---I sort of drifted away from music for a while---pointing a finger at Madonna--from the 80's. Caught up on new music --with the help of the Hosers--Canada, eh? Started online somewhere in the late 90's. Had some fun--plan on having more.

I happened to hear of Mumford and Sons--several years ago--searching for things to do in the ATL--no reason to ever be bored here but sometimes the traffic becomes an issue--lots of roadwork somewhere always--if a tractor trailer slams into something---massive multiple car accidents. In the heat and humidity of the summer--well--drivers become irritable. lol--Everybody from everywhere is down here--driving like Nascar at times.

I heard this song--and was hooked. I know it is about politics --UK and ?Aboriginal tribes--something like that. A guy I knew from high school found me--at an insane moment. He attended a military college and we dated a bit--sort stopped. So dumb--I couldn't take a hint--that sort of thing. He had traveled the world--doing geek things for the Army--did other things--Ranger type things. kewl guy--now a realtor in Pensacola--he can 'charm and persuade'--all that stuff the Army teaches officers. He could always do that--lol--'Follow Me'--I would have gone anywhere. 'Wake Up Little, Susie'--that was me--probably still me.
Occasionally have attacks of the sort of rage that terrifies men. :)

Little Lion Man--

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E]Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back