Move Over Mitochondrial Eve

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Man from S.C. possibly sets back the timeline for the appearance of Homo Sapiens Sapiens. This certainly lends credence to some claims that there were civilizations in Africa that have been long lost to our present civilization.

1st African American Man Dates Back 338,000 Years : Discovery News

“Our analysis indicates this lineage diverged from previously known Y chromosomes about 338,000 ago, a time when anatomically modern humans had not yet evolved,” Michael Hammer, who worked on the study, said in a press release.

“This pushes back the time the last common Y chromosome ancestor lived by almost 70 percent.”

Last edited:
Man from S.C. possibly sets back the timeline for the appearance of Homo Sapiens Sapiens. This certainly lends credence to some claims that there were civilizations in Africa that have been long lost to our present civilization.

1st African American Man Dates Back 338,000 Years : Discovery News

“Our analysis indicates this lineage diverged from previously known Y chromosomes about 338,000 ago, a time when anatomically modern humans had not yet evolved,” Michael Hammer, who worked on the study, said in a press release.

“This pushes back the time the last common Y chromosome ancestor lived by almost 70 percent.”

Lol the title is misleading, as it doesn't date the earliest African American man, just an African human. The testing was done on an African American man, but it doesn't date him, merely some of his ancestors.

Still, we are all descended from a few thousand human beings after the Lake Toba catastrophe around 50k ya.

Toba catastrophe theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No idea of what civilization has to do with it.

Not sure what you are responding to...
Asc: "This certainly lends credence to some claims that there were civilizations in Africa that have been long lost to our present civilization."

He's becoming more and more desperate to find these great civilizations that no one's ever heard of.

Silly git!

The OP did say "possibly".

From the link:
The discovery doesn’t necessarily mean that we all descended from an ancestor living in western Cameroon.

“It is a misconception that the genealogy of a single genetic region reflects population divergence,” Hammer explained. “Instead, our results suggest that there are pockets of genetically isolated communities that together preserve a great deal of human diversity.”

Asc: "This certainly lends credence to some claims that there were civilizations in Africa that have been long lost to our present civilization."

He's becoming more and more desperate to find these great civilizations that no one's ever heard of.

Silly git!

Zimbabwe? Mali? Ethiopia? Egypt?

Are you serious?

The OP did say "possibly".

From the link:
The discovery doesn’t necessarily mean that we all descended from an ancestor living in western Cameroon.

“It is a misconception that the genealogy of a single genetic region reflects population divergence,” Hammer explained. “Instead, our results suggest that there are pockets of genetically isolated communities that together preserve a great deal of human diversity.”

agreed

I think the "Sahara Pump" theory the best model at the moment.

Silly git!

Are you serious?
Tell us about the great civilizations of sub-Saharan Africa. Better yet, tell us tales of these lost great African civilizations which managed to found all civilizations in the world with their knowledge and through seamanship.

The world, especially the Afrocentrics, await. It'll make Asc happy.

Silly git!

Are you serious?
Tell us about the great civilizations of sub-Saharan Africa. Better yet, tell us tales of these lost great African civilizations which managed to found all civilizations in the world with their knowledge and through seamanship.

I have no intention of making Asslipkiss happy about anything, but some objectivity and respect for Truth will get me every time.

There is no doubt that Ethiopia and Mali had great civilizations.

Ethiopian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mali Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zimbabwe is much further south and was the precursor to the Rozwi empire in a continuation of civilian rule that stretched over six centuries, longer than the USA has so far.

Kingdom of Zimbabwe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rozwi Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Truth serves us all, even when it seems not to.

Are you serious?

I have no intention of making Asslipkiss happy about anything, but some objectivity and respect for Truth will get me every time.

Zimbabwe is much further south and was the precursor to the Rozwi empire in a continuation of civilian rule that stretched over six centuries, longer than the USA has so far.

Labelling places with "Kingdom" or "Empire" does not mean anything but a very basic civilization, especially in the second millennium. There was a huge vacuum between the Arab/Egyptian north and the rest of the continent. Even Zimbabwe was far more backward than the Aztec, Maya and Inca who did not have the benefit of diffusion.

Silly git!

Dont feel threatened I am interested in long lost African civilizations. Why would that concern you? :lol:

Labelling places with "Kingdom" or "Empire" does not mean anything but a very basic civilization, especially in the second millennium. There was a huge vacuum between the Arab/Egyptian north and the rest of the continent. Even Zimbabwe was far more backward than the Aztec, Maya and Inca who did not have the benefit of diffusion.

Mali and Ethiopia were military powers who had complex economies, forged iron and some steel, and had advanced institutions of higher learning such as the University of Sankore in Mali. Sankore Madrasah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Zimbabwe kingdom and its successors Mutapa and Butua had advanced economies and the capability of repulsing European invasion for centuries. They traded slaves, gold and ivory to the Arabs across Eastern Africa for about 600 years. They were comparable in size and population to the *some* of the most powerful European nations of the Middle Ages or early modern age like the Hungarian Empire or Poland or Prussia.

You really seem to have a problem accepting the idea of advanced sub-Saharan nations existing.

Why is that?

Last edited:

Silly git!

Dont feel threatened I am interested in long lost African civilizations. Why would that concern you? :lol:

Lost?

Who the hell lost them? They are still known and referenced.

What does 'lost' mean to you in this context?

Silly git!

Lost?

Lost as in the traditional sense. Meaning either undiscovered by modern man or hidden away and forgotten intentionally. Africans have a great oral tradition and I have heard stories about lost civilizations in parts of Africa that have yet to be explored. Given the climate of Africa, artifacts proving the antiquity of unknown civilizations may have been ignored even in plain sight. They have already found evidence of travel routes and riverbeds in the Sahara predating it turning into a desert. There still is no explanation for the oldest mummy found in Africa called Uan Muhuggiag. It was a Black child in the area of Libya. The techniques of mummification show that the Egyptians learned this technique from the same source but the age of the mummy preceded the Egyptian civilization by a millenia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uan_Muhuggiag

Last edited:

Lost?

Lost as in the traditional sense. Meaning either undiscovered by modern man or hidden away and forgotten intentionally. Africans have a great oral tradition and I have heard stories about lost civilizations in parts of Africa that have yet to be explored. Given the climate of Africa, artifacts proving the antiquity of unknown civilizations may have been ignored even in plain sight. They have already found evidence of travel routes and riverbeds in the Sahara predating it turning into a desert. There still is no explanation for the oldest mummy found in Africa called Uan Muhuggiag. It was a Black child in the area of Libya. The techniques of mummification show that the Egyptians learned this technique from the same source but the age of the mummy preceded the Egyptian civilization by a millenia.

Uan Muhuggiag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are European records of the empires I mention, thought evidence of Zimbabwes iron making technology and stone working capability was lost. I recall years ago a debate with a small group of white historians who claimed that sub-Saharan Africa never had stone shaping tech, which is now known to be complete bullshit.

I think this dismissive attitude among historians is largely expunged from our colleges, but some of these ideas still persist among a lot of whites.

Thus the problem of Identity politics dividing us all into little groups with each having its own equally true take on history, as Critical Thought theory proposes. According to Critical Thought, Meathead is no more wrong for ignoring sub-Saharan African empires than those who assert that they did exist and were significant.

Lost?

Uan Muhuggiag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are European records of the empires I mention, thought evidence of Zimbabwes iron making technology and stone working capability was lost. I recall years ago a debate with a small group of white historians who claimed that sub-Saharan Africa never had stone shaping tech, which is now known to be complete bullshit.

I think this dismissive attitude among historians is largely expunged from our colleges, but some of these ideas still persist among a lot of whites.

Thus the problem of Identity politics dividing us all into little groups with each having its own equally true take on history, as Critical Thought theory proposes. According to Critical Thought, Meathead is no more wrong for ignoring sub-Saharan African empires than those who assert that they did exist and were significant.

I've known about those empires long before they were accepted as fact. The problem is this stuff is not taught in our schools during world history. Why?

When you say Meathead is not wrong for ignoring those super saharan empires what do you mean?

Forum List

Back