Motorcycle Guys/Gals...lost an 'icon' :(

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
RIP IndianLarry

Stunt Man Indian Larry Dies After Accident

Updated: 8/30/2004 2:03 PM
By: Associated Press

CONCORD, N.C. - A custom motorcycle builder known for his appearances on cable's Discovery Channel died Monday after crashing during a weekend stunt at an arena in Cabarrus County.

"Indian Larry" was appearing at a three-day motorcycle event at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, the Liquid Steel Classic and Custom Bike Series.

A crowd of about 8,000 was watching him perform a stunt Saturday in which he stood on the seat of a moving motorcycle, when the bike began to wobble and he was unable to regain control of it, said Mike Downs, the county's deputy manager.

County officials said Indian Larry will be missed.

"Cabarrus County along with the staff at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center sends its sincere condolences to the family of Indian Larry," said Robert Freeman, chairman of the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners. "Indian Larry was a man with great skill and talent as a mechanic and metal sculptor. He will be truly missed by his fans here in Cabarrus County and throughout the nation."

Indian Larry, who has appeared in movies and television shows, was featured on the Discovery Channel's Biker Build-Off series, in which well-known motorcycle builders design and build bikes from scratch, then have them judged by motorcycle aficionados.

Damn shame...nice guy, and a real character.

Just goes to show you...don't ride without protection (but the government doesn't need a law stating it!) If you ride, you can make up your own mind about it!

Old Indian Larry.... dead. Wow. What a shocker. I was just watching him on TV not two weeks ago. I sure liked him and his "old school choppers" that he built. I saw him another time in one of those bike build off's where he did that very stunt... stand on his ride while speeding down the highway.
I've put my feet up in the seat on my bike and done the one leg extended out back thing while going down the road, but I never let go of the handle bars and stood up. That just seemed like a risk I didn't want to take.

Oh well... he died doing something he loved doing... riding his bike.

God rest your soul Larry.

Forum List

Back