Mothers Day

Not only that, but she also played stuff like Tchakowski and Rachmaninoff when she and I went riding around in her T-Bird.

She also encouraged me to work with art (painting, art appreciation, etc), and even gave me an aeronautics kit at the same time I got the books.

Shame really............very few parents appear to do that nowadays........they think it's easier to let their kids watch shit like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, while playing violent video games than to actually take an interest in their children.

Granted........some of the learning was hard work, but, whenever I play Jeopardy with my friends, I generally win.

Also helps when investigating other stuff, like the fact that telepathy is REAL. I've started to go down to the local park by my house, and put up a sign in the afternoons in front of my backpack chair that says "Telepathy Lessons".

Already taught some people how to paint with clouds too!

Not only that, but she also played stuff like Tchakowski and Rachmaninoff when she and I went riding around in her T-Bird.

She also encouraged me to work with art (painting, art appreciation, etc), and even gave me an aeronautics kit at the same time I got the books.

Shame really............very few parents appear to do that nowadays........they think it's easier to let their kids watch shit like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, while playing violent video games than to actually take an interest in their children.

Granted........some of the learning was hard work, but, whenever I play Jeopardy with my friends, I generally win.

Also helps when investigating other stuff, like the fact that telepathy is REAL. I've started to go down to the local park by my house, and put up a sign in the afternoons in front of my backpack chair that says "Telepathy Lessons".

Can't say she was into 'New Age' regarding telepathy and such, but damn if we weren't exposed to classical music/art/and literature. We spent most of our summers at the Art Institute, Field Museum, Observatory, and Museum of Science and Industry. Other kids went to Michigan, we stayed home at museums.

I'm one of the old hippie men on this board. Gunny is too.
The way you go at it with Shogun, I doubt your the hippie type. No way Gunny is a hippie!

I wear tie dye shirts, Teva sandals, and shorts. I study philosophy, theology, and smoke pot. I don't have a job (retirement is good enough), and don't really feel like amounting to anything of import, but I've got an incurable thirst for knowledge.

Oh yeah........the reason I became a hippie? Well.......in '94, I became a Taoist, and decided that when I retired from the military in 2002, I was going to spend 20 years on the opposite side of where I had just been, and what is 180 degrees away from military, discipline and spartan living conditions?

Hippiedom...........

But, because I was a warrior first, I'm a different kind of hippie........I'm a warrior hippie.

So is Gunny. Ask him sometime.

My mom is deceased and I have not given birth to any children. I will celebrate Mother's Day by releasing beings that have been captured for bait and dedicating the merit to all beings--each of whom has been as close as a mother in some former life.

Once upon a time long long ago I was listening to Sean Hannity. His assistant (Iforget her name) went to the seafood store purchased a live lobster and went down to the lake and released it.. I thought I'd die laughing.. poor old lobster.

My mom is deceased and I have not given birth to any children. I will celebrate Mother's Day by releasing beings that have been captured for bait and dedicating the merit to all beings--each of whom has been as close as a mother in some former life.

Once upon a time long long ago I was listening to Sean Hannity. His assistant (Iforget her name) went to the seafood store purchased a live lobster and went down to the lake and released it.. I thought I'd die laughing.. poor old lobster.

such a shining example of conserative compassion.....i bet you would waste the gas to run over small baby ducks crosssing the high way....you would speed up...admit it....come on...admit it....

such a shining example of conserative compassion.....i bet you would waste the gas to run over small baby ducks crosssing the high way....you would speed up...admit it....come on...admit it....

no,, actually I'm the type that stops, gets out, and helps a slow old turtle cross the road before someone the likes of you comes along and runs over the poor thing.. so there! :lol:

Can't say she was into 'New Age' regarding telepathy and such, but damn if we weren't exposed to classical music/art/and literature. We spent most of our summers at the Art Institute, Field Museum, Observatory, and Museum of Science and Industry. Other kids went to Michigan, we stayed home at museums.

Actually.......she wasn't really "new age". The telepathy thing is something I figured out around 5 years ago.

I've got a thread on here somewhere titled "how to do telepathy". By the way, science has proven it's existence believe it or not.........there are now games that you can control with your mind only, as well as wheel chairs that are able to be driven just by thinking about where you want it to go.

The martial artists call it "chi", which is the electricity in your body that you can focus and direct towards something. I've seen demonstrations of it, where a guy knocked someone out from 50 ft away WITHOUT TOUCHING THEM.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9AfWJb4Yo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxMux4uEkLI[/ame]

The way you go at it with Shogun, I doubt your the hippie type. No way Gunny is a hippie!

I wear tie dye shirts, Teva sandals, and shorts. I study philosophy, theology, and smoke pot. I don't have a job (retirement is good enough), and don't really feel like amounting to anything of import, but I've got an incurable thirst for knowledge.

Oh yeah........the reason I became a hippie? Well.......in '94, I became a Taoist, and decided that when I retired from the military in 2002, I was going to spend 20 years on the opposite side of where I had just been, and what is 180 degrees away from military, discipline and spartan living conditions?

Hippiedom...........

But, because I was a warrior first, I'm a different kind of hippie........I'm a warrior hippie.

So is Gunny. Ask him sometime.
I get a kick out of you and your delight in just being yourself.:salute: Your mom sounds wonderful.

Last edited:
I'm making my mother some cinnamon muffins right now, mmmmmmm I love how it's making my house smell!

How little you must know of the hip life, then.

I think the only thing that makes one a part of the hip tribe is deciding to think of oneself as such.

I meet young people who I think are hippies, but who don't think of themselves hippies because they think that a hippie is that silly stereotypical caracature which the media has made of the term.

I believe that Hippies are mostly basically little more than mostly dogma-free libertarians.

I don't think hipdom has anything to do with smoking dope or free love or wearing flowers in our hair. (too bad, too, that was a lot of fun)

We're mostly not pacifists, but few of us are willingly guns for hire, either.

I beleive that hipdom is basically a subset of philosophical Cynicism.

We're mostly not pacifists, but few of us are willingly guns for hire, either.

I beleive that hipdom is basically a subset of philosophical Cynicism.

Which is one of the reasons that I refer to myself as a "Warrior Hippie". I'm willing to be a gun for hire if it sounds like fun.

As far as cynicism? Well.....I'm not really that cynical, and I also like Torah study, theological studies, and Tao.

I think you nailed it the first time when you said when you said "dogma free libertarian". You don't have to follow a dogma, but it helps to understand a few.

Forum List

Back