Moron "dis-invites" idiot

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Merlin1047, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    This outrageous fool was invited to speak on another topic. But Hamilton College President Joan Hinde Stewart requested that he present his idiotic diatribe condemning the VICTIMS of the attacks on Sep 11.

What the hell is happening in our institutions of higher education? And why are taxpayers supporting damn fools like Hinde Stewart?
    =================================================

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050201/NEWS01/50201001

New York college cancels appearance by CU professor who compared 9/11 victims to Nazis

By William Kates
    The Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Citing death threats, an upstate New York college on Tuesday canceled a panel discussion featuring a professor who compared the World Trade Center victims to Nazis.

Hamilton College spokesman Michael DeBraggio said multiple death threats were made against both college officials and guest speaker Ward Churchill, who resigned Monday as chairman of the ethnic studies department at the University of Colorado.

In an essay written in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Churchill said the World Trade Center victims were “little Eichmanns,” a reference to Adolf Eichmann, who organized Nazi plans to exterminate Europe’s Jews. Churchill also spoke of the “gallant sacrifices” of the “combat teams” that struck America.

The essay attracted little attention until Churchill was invited to speak Thursday at Hamilton College, about 40 miles east of Syracuse, N.Y. Hundreds of relatives of Sept. 11 victims have protested the appearance.

Administrators at first moved the scheduled appearance to a building that can seat 2,000, instead of the originally planned 300.

Hamilton College President Joan Hinde Stewart had said the college was committed to free speech, “however repugnant one might find Mr. Churchill’s remarks.” (The lying bitch is trying to protect her sorry butt. She is the one responsible for Churchill's intended presentation)

On Tuesday, however, Stewart sent an e-mail to students, faculty and staff saying the college had a “higher responsibility ... and that is the safety and security” of the campus community. She said the threats were “credible” and had been turned over to police.

Despite resigning as department chair, Churchill will retain his teaching job.

Colorado Gov. Bill Owens called on Churchill to resign his faculty position too, saying taxpayers shouldn’t have to subsidize his “outrageous and insupportable” views. (Resign, hell. Isn't there anyone in Colorado with the balls to FIRE the bastard? He is, after all, being paid by the taxpayers.)

“If anyone could possibly be compared to the evildoers of Nazi Germany, it is the terrorists of the 21st century who have an equally repugnant disregard for human life,” Owens said in a letter to the university’s College Republicans released Tuesday.

Churchill did not immediately return telephone messages and e-mails from The Associated Press.

In an interview Monday with Denver station KCNC-TV, Churchill said he is not an advocate of violence, but that the attacks were a response to the way the United States treats people abroad.

“The overriding question that was being posed at the time was ‘why did this happen, why did they hate us so much,’ and my premise was when you do this to other people’s families and children, that is going to be a natural response,” he said.

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
  3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Hell, and I didn't even know mine was dirty.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I've been trying to bring up this subject in earlier threads. Living in Colorado we cannot help but be engulfed in news of this idiot.

I have heard some of his tapes that he sells and the things that he says leave me little choice but to believe he is a terrorist.

In one tape I heard him mock a student that proferred sabotage without death as an idea to deal with the evils of capitalism, this man mocked him about bringing justice to the "little Eichmanns" and that it could not be done through sabotage.

In another he specifically says that the attacks on 9/11 were "correct" and "right" and that in the future these people "must attack again" using the WMD of their choice.

We find out that his promotion of himself as a Native American is simply a falsehood. He even says he won an award for the Roosting of Chickens book but it really only received an honorary mention. Etc.

I see him losing his job due to lack of Academic acheivement as more information is coming out. I just wish he had come from some other college CU has dealt with a lot lately.

5. CivilLiberty

CivilLiberty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50

Uhmm... ...huh??

I'm surprised this guy has not been lynched yet... I could make him a nice hat from aluminum foil...

:tinfoil:

A

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    You certainly have my sympathy in having to put up with the likes of him up close and personal.

I just finished a cursory search and scanned some of Churchill's "work". The guy is nothing more than a self-aggrandizing bomb thrower. Another pseudo-intellectual without an ounce of common sense and totally devoid of any regard for the truth.

Another long-haired ass who makes me think that sometimes a late term abortion is justifiable. If we could only detect the gene that causes people to turn out like this.

7. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Now that's sedition. Definite grounds for firing his ass.

The problem is that those with the power to fire him are in the ignorant thrall of PCness and are dumbed down so much they don't even understand what this guy is really about.

8. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Exactly. Isn't it illegal to preach that it is okay to kill others? And for what crime? In that essay it was simply working at a Investment Firm because they were capitalists. This guy really wants all Americans to be killed.

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Free speech is one thing. Making statement like this while being paid by the taxpayer is quite another. Which forces me to ask again - Why is this idiot still working at CU? Seems that academia tolerates all kinds of stupidity - after all, it's not THEIR money, so why sweat it?

Somehow we need to get more control over universities so that we can start demanding an accounting of how money is spent and who stays on staff. I'm not suggesting repressive vigilanteism but if we're spending the money to support public universities, then it seems to me we have a right to demand competent management.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.aimovement.org/moipr/churchill05.html