Morning Joes Mika blows it

• Banned
According to a table Zandi included with his written July 24, 2008, testimony before the House Committee on Small Business, "General Aid to State Governments" would boost real GDP by $1.36 for every dollar spent, while "Extending UI [unemployment insurance] Benefits" and providing a "Temporary Increase in Food Stamps" would increase real GDP by $1.64 and $1.73 per dollar spent, respectfully:

Additionally, the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities' (CBPP) Iris J. Lav and Nicholas Johnson concluded in a January 29 report that "ecause nearly all states are required to balance their budgets, states have begun to cut expenditures and raise taxes -- both of which create a drag on the economy and threaten to counteract part of the intended federal economic stimulus" and noted that "[t]he House economic recovery package recognizes this fact and includes substantial assistance for states."

Don't you find it curious that people who haven't a clue what will work, know that the stimulus package won't work? I would bet most of them don't know a blessed thing about most things, and yet they can talk BS as if it had real prognostic value. A favorite proverb of mine is, 'teach the tongue to say I don't know.' It should be a rule that all talking heads have it tattooed on their palm.

Forum List

Back