The Obama Administration rapidly becoming a running joke.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
What happened to no Lobbiest in his administration. Obama makes an executive order against appointing lobbiests to his administration, and then promptly violates his own order and appoints at least 2 lobbiest to high level positions.

Obama claims his Administration will be transparent, and then refuses to answer questions.

Obama talks about ethics and then appoints tax cheats and employers of illegal immigrants to key positions. Including a tax cheat as head of the IRS.

Obama claims he will work with Republicans, and then puts on a phony show by meeting with a group of so called conservatives who are more moderates than Conservatives.

Obama claims his stimulus program contains no earmarks and will create or "save" jobs, yet anyone with half a brain can see this stimulus package contains only a small amount of things which will create jobs, and a bunch of Pork, social spending that will only add to our economic problems.

They are using this so called stimulus package as an excuse to pay off their constituents and buy votes in the next elections.

Change we can believe in? This Administration is rapidly becoming a Joke. These policies will lead to nothing but more trouble.

I heard bob bekel on TV last night arguing about this. You know what his best argument was. He kept saying Republicans got us into this hole.

Well that might be partially true, If you ignore fanny and freddy and the Dems who were behind them, but what nobody has asked Bob or the Dems is this.

Even if it was Republicans who dug this hole. Why should that stop us from fighting what Dems want to do? after all it seems their only answer to this hole we are in, is to DIG IT EVEN DEEPER.

Bob also said Bush was the largest Debtor President ever. Putting us 6 trillion in debts over 8 years, No argument from me on that, but once again how do they use that to justify Obama increasing the spending rate even further. Obama is on a pace to put us 6 trillion in debt in his first term, something it took Bush 8 Years to do.

So stop trying to justify the Spending by saying Bush did it to. Bush was a failure. If Obama keeps up his pace and has 2 terms we will find ourselves more than 22 trillion dollars in debt when he is done, not counting SS or Medicare, and we will not be able to sustain that. The Economic collapse that will cause will make today seem like the good ole days.

Wake up America before it is to late. Tell Obama and the Dems we Demand fiscal Responsibility. Stop talking about Bush, we all know he fucked up.

Stop blaming conservative ideas, as it was not Conservative ideas that lead to this, it was a republican president that behaved more like a liberal Democrate than a republican that got us into this mess, which is why I think it is Amazing so many of you have bought the lie that Liberal Democrats are the Answer.

My mother used to say 2 wrongs do not make a right, this is true in this case. Just because Republicans were irresponsible in spending, is not justification for Dems to continue the Irresponsible spending and in fact increase it.

You can not dig your way out of a hole by digging deeper, We can not spend our way out of this crisis. Only sound across the board tax cuts will help. When I say tax cuts I mean cuts in the rates people pay, not 1000 dollar checks handed out to people who do not make enough to actually pay federal income taxes.

People keep telling me to give Obama a chance, well I am sorry, I am not going to sit by and remain silent as he makes what I think are huge mistakes, and takes this nations down a road that we will never be able to return from, simply in the name of giving him a chance.

Obama and the Dems are DEAD WRONG on the ECONOMY. We will all be paying for these mistakes for Years to come.

Wake up America, stop giving them a free pass, and put a voice to those nagging thoughts you have about this uncontrolled spending.

Last edited:
No one is trying to justify the stimulus package by saying Bush did it, too.

:cuckoo:

Apparently you did not hear Bob Bekel. That is exactly what he did. When ever someone said they are spending to much, and putting us to far in Debt, his response was Bush and Republicans started it.

Besides it does not matter what they say, what matters is what they are doing, after years of you guys arguing against Bushes out of control Deficit spending, you people are now in power and are increasing the Deficit spending to heights we have never seen before.

crickets.

Yes ignore a perfectly valid argument because it is not convenient. Sounds like what you people have accused global warming skeptics of doing for years.

Facts are Facts, bushes out of control deficit spending got us into this Hole, and the Dems spending EVEN MORE, will not get us out of it, it will make things worse.

Way to remain partisan in the face of our very destruction fools.

Obama has been a major disappointment so far and it hasn't even been 2 weeks.

I just watched the movie Death Race and it says in the beginning of the movie:

"The Year is 2012 and the economy has collapsed in America causing massive unemployment and all prison's are privately run."

Hmmm. I wonder how accurate that's gonna be?

Obama and the Dems are DEAD WRONG on the ECONOMY. We will all be paying for these mistakes for Years to come.

I m sorry, but history has proved that this is wrong. The best policies for economy were the ones from democratic presidents.

The Washington Monthly

And the 2 weeks Obama & his administration have gone through were not that bad at all if you compare to what other presidents did in their 2 first weeks.

Last edited:
crickets.

Yes ignore a perfectly valid argument because it is not convenient. Sounds like what you people have accused global warming skeptics of doing for years.

Facts are Facts, bushes out of control deficit spending got us into this Hole, and the Dems spending EVEN MORE, will not get us out of it, it will make things worse.

Way to remain partisan in the face of our very destruction fools.

Actually, I was referring to the resounding silence of the libs who couldn't argue with it.

So of course the thread gets moved.

What happened to no Lobbiest in his administration. Obama makes an executive order against appointing lobbiests to his administration, and then promptly violates his own order and appoints at least 2 lobbiest to high level positions.

Obama claims his Administration will be transparent, and then refuses to answer questions.

Obama talks about ethics and then appoints tax cheats and employers of illegal immigrants to key positions. Including a tax cheat as head of the IRS.

Obama claims he will work with Republicans, and then puts on a phony show by meeting with a group of so called conservatives who are more moderates than Conservatives.

Obama claims his stimulus program contains no earmarks and will create or "save" jobs, yet anyone with half a brain can see this stimulus package contains only a small amount of things which will create jobs, and a bunch of Pork, social spending that will only add to our economic problems.

They are using this so called stimulus package as an excuse to pay off their constituents and buy votes in the next elections.

Change we can believe in? This Administration is rapidly becoming a Joke. These policies will lead to nothing but more trouble.

I heard bob bekel on TV last night arguing about this. You know what his best argument was. He kept saying Republicans got us into this hole.

Well that might be partially true, If you ignore fanny and freddy and the Dems who were behind them, but what nobody has asked Bob or the Dems is this.

Even if it was Republicans who dug this hole. Why should that stop us from fighting what Dems want to do? after all it seems their only answer to this hole we are in, is to DIG IT EVEN DEEPER.

Bob also said Bush was the largest Debtor President ever. Putting us 6 trillion in debts over 8 years, No argument from me on that, but once again how do they use that to justify Obama increasing the spending rate even further. Obama is on a pace to put us 6 trillion in debt in his first term, something it took Bush 8 Years to do.

So stop trying to justify the Spending by saying Bush did it to. Bush was a failure. If Obama keeps up his pace and has 2 terms we will find ourselves more than 22 trillion dollars in debt when he is done, not counting SS or Medicare, and we will not be able to sustain that. The Economic collapse that will cause will make today seem like the good ole days.

Wake up America before it is to late. Tell Obama and the Dems we Demand fiscal Responsibility. Stop talking about Bush, we all know he fucked up.

Stop blaming conservative ideas, as it was not Conservative ideas that lead to this, it was a republican president that behaved more like a liberal Democrate than a republican that got us into this mess, which is why I think it is Amazing so many of you have bought the lie that Liberal Democrats are the Answer.

My mother used to say 2 wrongs do not make a right, this is true in this case. Just because Republicans were irresponsible in spending, is not justification for Dems to continue the Irresponsible spending and in fact increase it.

You can not dig your way out of a hole by digging deeper, We can not spend our way out of this crisis. Only sound across the board tax cuts will help. When I say tax cuts I mean cuts in the rates people pay, not 1000 dollar checks handed out to people who do not make enough to actually pay federal income taxes.

People keep telling me to give Obama a chance, well I am sorry, I am not going to sit by and remain silent as he makes what I think are huge mistakes, and takes this nations down a road that we will never be able to return from, simply in the name of giving him a chance.

Wake up America, stop giving them a free pass, and put a voice to those nagging thoughts you have about this uncontrolled spending.

1.) I only saw one, and the only reason he made such a exception is because the person he picked was highly qualified.

2.) When did he refuse to answer questions? Are you following the Republican smear machine when he made a surprise visit to the press room and got hounded by reporters who couldn't wait til the press conference?

3.) Not paying by accident and tax cheats are two different things. Guthiner's line of work is highly common associated with people who forget to pay their social security tax.

4.) Your points about bipartisanship are irrelevant as they are merely your opinion. If you had half a brain cell, you'd realize the Republican party should be more moderate and less Palin.

5.) Again, the part about the package is irrelevant because you simply disagree with his policies. You cannot judge the package's effectiveness until it has actually gone into effect.

6.) Again, with accusations like that unproven; this thread belongs in the conspiracy theory section.

7.) Again, he has been President for about 12-13 days; if you're going to judge him off that then you need to seek help.

8.) Frannie and Freddie also donated money to plenty of Republicans. I'd take out my giant list of Republicans who have taken lobbyist money but I don't feel like wasting my time. Go read Outrage by Dick Morris. It was Republicans who dug this hole and Democrats at the time did nothing to watch the burial. Now it's up to Obama to dig us out before we suffocate.

9.) Obama realizes that to make money you need to spend money. All these bailouts is not free money; rather loans that are suppose to eventually be paid back. Further more, the Republicans are offering something quite similar but rather in the form of tax cuts which will result in lost revenue for the government. So instead of spending money, they are just not merely taking your money. But of course, the top 10% own about 90-96% of the wealth while the other 90% own 4% of the wealth. So who do you think makes out best in that plan?

10.) Stop talking about Bush? The minute you guys stop talking about Clinton or Carter; sure. But as much as you rather not admit it, a Republican took one of the biggest surplus we had in years and ruined it.

11.) They aren't getting a free pass; especially if you can find all this "information" around. Liberals like myself gave Dubya a chance, Obama deserves the same from Republicans. And since Obama has not driven this country into a hole, there is currently no reason to hate him unless your a abortion hating wingnut like Allie.

12.) Speaking of you Allie, you really should stop trying to sound intelligent in matters you know nothing about. Stick to religion, at least there people can agree with your bat shit insane theories and you can sound somewhat intelligent to a small portion of the USMB population.

yeah I "accidentally" forgot to pay $600 one year and I was getting threatening letters fro the IRS in less than 6 months.

Why did it take so long to discover this "accident"

accident my ass.

yeah I "accidentally" forgot to pay $600 one year and I was getting threatening letters fro the IRS in less than 6 months.

accident my ass.
Really? I just found out that the IRS never cashed a $5,000 check I sent them in September. I called to ask them if I could send another and they said not to worry, I should pay it when I file my final return in April and include a note explaining what happened so I wouldn't get penalized.

accident my ass.
Really? I just found out that the IRS never cashed a $5,000 check I sent them in September. I called to ask them if I could send another and they said not to worry, I should pay it when I file my final return in April and include a note explaining what happened so I wouldn't get penalized.

do you have that in writing?

if you don't prepare to be penalized.

accident my ass.

The IRS forgets to tell people they owe the IRS money quite often, then they go ahead and whack you with extra fees after they tell you for not paying.

Yup.
Or they'll mistakenly give you money, and two years later, they find out it was a mistake to give you that "clerical review show us we owe you $600" and you should have known it was a mistake, bingo bammo....you're getting nailed.

Stupid IRS bullshit.

Yup.
Or they'll mistakenly give you money, and two years later, they find out it was a mistake to give you that "clerical review show us we owe you $600" and you should have known it was a mistake, bingo bammo....you're getting nailed.

Stupid IRS bullshit.

Yupp, doesn't help the IRS is perhaps the most powerful group/entity/whatever in the U.S.

accident my ass.

No, I just have a record of the agent's name, comments and id number. So we shall see. But I've actually found the IRS much easier to work with than advertised. I think it has something to do with laws passed under Clinton that forced them to be kinder and gentler. :eusa_angel:

Oh, I forgot to ad...I was told in no uncertain terms not to mail in an additional payment this late because they don't have the capacity to handle it. That seemed pretty stupid, but I once worked for the government so I believed them. They NEED a paper trail and don't want money sent unless they've documented everything.

Forum List

Back