More tolerance from the religion of peace

I'm not suggesting we be more like them.

I'm suggesting we use diplomatic ties to "encourage" them to stop executing religious minorities simply because of hearsay evidence that they insulted Mohammed.

But you can keep hiding behind your partisan hack rhetoric if you like uscitizen, just know that you're not fooling anyone. :thup:
:) I was going to rep you for the first paragraph of your post, but then your partisan side came out in the second one. Which negated the first paragraph.

I don't think its asking too much for Pakistan to stop treating its Christian citizens like pariahs, Muslims expect equal rights when they come here so why can they not offer Christians in Pakistan equal rights? I don't think thats being unreasonable or asking too much.

Just as they would like for the USA to stop killing Muslims? Or imprisioning them without trials?

Their country is their business, Our country is our business.
Has somethign to do with being a sovern nation.

What? those Muslims that the US is "killing" are in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the ones that are imprisoned are caught on the battlefields. This Pakistani lady was arrested for arguing with Muslim women over water in a market, she wasn't plotting a terrorist attack or hurting anyone, that comparison is very poor.

We have killed no non combatants in Afganistan? Or Iraq?

In any case would you become an enemy combatant if the USA was invaded and occupied by another country?

Last edited:
Just as they would like for the USA to stop killing Muslims? Or imprisioning them without trials?

Their country is their business, Our country is our business.
Has somethign to do with being a sovern nation.

What? those Muslims that the US is "killing" are in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the ones that are imprisoned are caught on the battlefields. This Pakistani lady was arrested for arguing with Muslim women over water in a market, she wasn't plotting a terrorist attack or hurting anyone, that comparison is very poor.

In any case would you become an enemy combatant if the USA was invaded and occupied by another country?

Of course non combatants have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan but this has happened in every war since the beginning of man, and I really don't see what that has to do with this woman being persecuted for her Christian beliefs in Pakistan.

Of course non combatants have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan but this has happened in every war since the beginning of man, and I really don't see what that has to do with this woman being persecuted for her Christian beliefs in Pakistan.

I do not think she should be persecuted either, but I also think that a sovern nation has a right to run it's internal affiars as it sees fit. My disagreeing with them is irrelevant.

And yes I agree that diplomatic channels should be used to try and get other countries to improve living conditions for their citizens, but not military actions.

Last edited:

I do not think she should be persecuted either, but I also think that a sovern nation has a right to run it's internal affiars as it sees fit. My disagreeing with them is irrelevant.

And yes I agree that diplomatic channels should be used to try and get other countries to improve living conditions for their citizens, but not military actions.

Who said anything about military action?

Oh that's right! No one did, it's just another strawman from the left.

Yep pretty bad, but it is there and not here.

And unlike some I do not believe we should be nor have the right to be the morality police force for the world.

Don't you think though that there comes a time when we have to speak out against cruelty and injustice in another country no matter how legal it is there? I have no problem with people voluntarily living in a place with laws I consider stupid or despicable, but at some point I think we cannot remain silent when people are involunarily forced to submit to what we know is just wrong. Sort of like standing by silently and saying nothing when some dictator is torturing and killing thousands/millions of citizens, when Hitler was murdering six million Jews, the purges and Gulag under Stalin in which millions more were starved to death, frozen to death, tortured, or murdered.

I don't pretend to have the wisdom to know when to act or when to not act. But I sure know what is wrong and I value the right and feel the obligation to speak out when men, women, and children are unjustifiably abused in the name of religion or anythng else.

Who said anything about Military action? Why is wrong to speak out against something that is blatantly wrong?

Speak out yes using diplomatic and speech methods only.
No military action which many would support.

At risk of being accused of evoking Godwin's Law, would you have withheld military action while Hitler exterminated the millions of Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, transexuals, mentally ill, Africans, Asians he hadn't gotten to yet? Diplomacy wasn't exactly accomplishing much at that time. Do you see no circumstance in which military action would be justified short of us being directly attacked?

I'm not saying that I just don't understand why Islam is such a hostile aggressive religion when they claim to be a religion of peace.
Simple.

Muslims are under attack all over the world by the predominantly Christian western nations.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Pakistan, Chechnya; and by proxy in Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Gaza, Phillippines, etc.

Thus, many muslims have a pent up rage against Christians.

Who they feel are behind the killing of tens of thousands of their fellow muslims.

And are waging war directly against Islam. :doubt:

No one posting on here supported invading Iraq? After all we were there to bring them democracy weren't we?

No one posting on here supported invading Iraq? After all we were there to bring them democracy weren't we?

No one on here was talking about Iraq nor democracy. This discussion was about Pakistan and the intolerance of muslims.

Another strawman fail!

No one on here was talking about Iraq nor democracy. This discussion was about Pakistan and the intolerance of muslims.

Another strawman fail!

Naw it was within the current discussion though certainly a deflection so he wouldn't have to answer a hard question. :)

And we did NOT invade Iraq to bring them democracy. We invaded Iraq to remove a threat perceived by us, every head of state in the free world and United Nations and all of Iraq's neighbors.

And that is totally irrelevent to this thread EXCEPT in the context of when is it appropriate to oppose and/or remove an Islamic threat prompted by a radical element and mindset of that religion?

Why is it ok for Muslims to chase Christians out of their country, and than they expect to be welcome in countries that are predominantly Christian?

The extremists don't just want a welcome. They want to run the country, and will call you names if you disagree to hand over power.

I'm not saying that I just don't understand why Islam is such a hostile aggressive religion when they claim to be a religion of peace.
Simple.

Muslims are under attack all over the world by the predominantly Christian western nations.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Pakistan, Chechnya; and by proxy in Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Gaza, Phillippines, etc.

Who they feel are behind the killing of tens of thousands of their fellow muslims.

I don't know about that, alot of the people dying in those countries died at the hands of a fellow Muslim. Just today 2 suicide bombers killed 50 people in Pakistan, what did Western nations have to do with that? I'm just saying I keep hearing that Islam is a tolerant peaceful religion, and than I open the newspaper and read stories like this. Makes it awful hard to think that Islam is tolerant.

Why is it ok for Muslims to chase Christians out of their country, and than they expect to be welcome in countries that are predominantly Christian?

The extremists don't just want a welcome. They want to run the country, and will call you names if you disagree to hand over power.

There will be Shariah law courts in the US within 10 years.

Simple.

I don't know about that, alot of the people dying in those countries died at the hands of a fellow Muslim. Just today 2 suicide bombers killed 50 people in Pakistan, what did Western nations have to do with that? I'm just saying I keep hearing that Islam is a tolerant peaceful religion, and than I open the newspaper and read stories like this. Makes it awful hard to think that Islam is tolerant.
Peaceful, yes; when not being attacked or under seige.

Tolerant; depends on the situation. :cool:

Forum List

Back