More threatening than the missing explosives?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Fmr jarhead, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I have not heard on the news any reports of the 40 cm by 40 cm square holes cut in the fence a long the DMZ on the inner and outer fences seperating the free South Korea from their belligerent northern neighbors.

Seems the North is claiming it was made by a defector, but if they knew that, why would they have let him go?

My concern is that the north may have let some small amounts of enriched uranium out of the country and in to the hands of those who wish to do us the most harm (and only a week before our elections.)

While I may sound paranoid, I am only trying to voice my concerns since we all know that the radical islamic fundamentalists want nothing more than to give birth to the second coming of the Caliphate, through the destruction of anything American or those of our allies.

Be vigilant, people, the election is coming, and I anticipate some action by those who feel obliged to the fatwa issued by ObL.

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    what makes you think the event happened?

3. Fmr jarhead

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    From Stratfor: www.stratfor.com to subscribe

4. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Do you think it was a NK army op or rather just NK refugees, fleeing to the south? Hard to say, but likely the former, but hope for the latter.

5. White knight

White knight Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the same plot in the movie Team America, World Police. The North Korean dictator is the real master mind behind terrorisim. :happy2:

6. Fmr jarhead

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    So Mr Knight, do you dismiss the possibility completely, because of a cartoon, instead of what is real?

If you doubt Stratfor's credibility, maybe you should do some checking, first, and not ramble on with a joke about a puppet show.

Here is a review of a book by Stratfor founder George Friedman...a very credible and non-partisan source of information for those that chose to do more than watch cartoons and puppet shows, and think the world is a dangerous place.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450

We all contribute what we can, I guess. :rolleyes:

8. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I was in Korea then and also that same year a defecting NK pilot flew his MiG-15 over the DMZ and landed it at Suwon Air Base. Also while I was there, there was an infiltration that occurred involving 2-3 NK operatives. One drowned in the Imjin river and I think the other one or two were caught...not sure. All I know is that I spent that weekend with my M-249 and foxhole watching the fenceline.

9. Fmr jarhead

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I had a similar experience in the early 80's.....the incursions and automatic weapon fire on the border goes on almost daily....and never gets reported, EVER!

10. Fmr jarhead

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I think it was to smuggle out contraband to enemies of the free world....when I feel paranoid, anyway.

I hope it was nothing more than a family who decided it was worth risking their lives to live in freedom.....something we take for granted way to often.