More local Democrat BS...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by fuzzykitten99, Jan 30, 2006.

1. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I used to live in Coon Rapids, which is then neighboring town to Anoka. Though this is not the first time I have heard mention that the name could be construed as racist, the guy who's making the stink, is of course, white. And likely not from around here, though the article doesn't specify.

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_026020945.html

To change the name would be racist, because it would imply that the name of the city was supposed to mean the racial slur, when it does not. At one time, there was a raccoon painted on the water tower, but after repainting a few years ago, the city opted for a more modern look (below-except the 'minnesota' part is not on the tower itself).

[​IMG]

If outsiders think the name is a slur, they have bigger personal & mental issues to deal with. Do they honestly think the name would stick with a city anywhere, if the origin was questionable? Especially here. If that is what they think, then let them stay away.

History of Coon Rapids

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I havent heard a black person been called a coon EVER in my lifetime. I dont think people have called blacks coons since the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The fact that this is coming from a white guy just shows that the PCness is oozing through. How many blacks actually live in Coon Rapids? Probably not many. So, as Cartman would say, "whats the big fucking deal, Bitch?"

3. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I've heard people call blacks "coons," but I live in the south, where racism is still alive in the more rural areas. I even heard a guy object to blacks in Nascar by saying, "It's Nascar, not Nascoon." This is in Minnesota, though, and I doubt it's as much of an issue.

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

Touche. Im from Yankee land so i rarely here them called coons. I hear ****** alot and jiggaboo sometimes. Thats about the extent of it for racial slurs. People need to grow some thicker skin. I dont get upset when someone calls me cracker or honkey. I usually laugh at them when they do, lol.

5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Jiggaboo? That's a new one on me, and I bet I know more racial slurs than Byrd.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

Some people get upset when you call them black. Best bet is to just not talk to anyone outside of your own race. Thank god for political correctness bringing us all together. :rolleyes:

7. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    not many at the moment, but it is growing. Unfortunately, many of the ones moving up here are not the kind you really want...meaning the lazy, welfare-reliant troublemakers. It troubles me to see the ones up here wearing the gangster-style baggy clothes. Some of the local kids dress like that, but not too many.
    I know you aren't supposed to judge people on their appearance. But if you are dressed like a gangster, I will assume you are one. I like to walk down Main Street and not be afraid of who's behind me, thankyouverymuch.

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

Those ones are all pussies. Pop em in the nose if they try to start anything. Watch how quiet they get.

9. liberalogic

liberalogic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I'm glad people are actually wasting their time fighting over a name like that...Being politically correct has just gone too far (even to the point where we can't protect our safety by profiling people who happen to fit the right description of a terrorist).

10. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    "When faced with statistics like that (the percentage of terrorists that are young, Arab males), it's not profiling, it's a suspect's description."

-Ann Coulter (Yeah, I know you probably think she's a nut, but she's a smart nut.)