More GOP Family Values

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
I gotta give him credit, at least he's divorced.

A conservative Mississippi mayor has said he is gay after an audit showed he had the city pay for a wide range of personal expenses, including a visit to a gay sex store in Canada.

Davis, a Republican, has been under criminal investigation for allegedly misusing $170,000 in city funds on both his city-issued and personal credit cards. According to the Commercial Appeal, an audit revealed he used city money to pay for thousands of dollars worth of liquor, expensive dinners, and a $67 charge at Priape, a Toronto store described by its website as “Canada’s premiere gay lifestyle store and sex shop.”

Davis, who is divorced with three daughters, made an unsuccessful bid for Congress in 2008, running on a family values platform.

Miss. Mayor Reveals He is Gay

I don't have any problem accepting people who are gay. But face it, this guy's a phony. And you see a lot of that out of some of the most conservative, family values politicians.

And they wonder why they're called hypocrites. :cuckoo:

I'm more concerned with the allegations of misuse of public funds than I am with his sexuality. But that's just me... a rational person rather than an hysterical twit.

poor ass behavior is hardly partisan now is it?

Nope. The dems welcome all. The republicans, not so much. I wonder how many laws this guy tried to pass that had something to do with anti gay life style.

Hypocrites to the end.

Sometimes I get the impression that GOP candidates have a check list they work from.

Christian -- check
Family Values -- check
Love country music -- check

Etc.

Love NASCAR -- check
Hate fags -- check
Hate immigrants -- check
Hate anything a Dem POTUS does even if it's a good idea and works well -- check

Then there's libs:

Can't discuss issues...check

One word or sentence answers...check

Deflecting from analyzing anything important...check.

Nope. The dems welcome all. The republicans, not so much. I wonder how many laws this guy tried to pass that had something to do with anti gay life style.

Hypocrites to the end.

They grow up in a world so full of hate for gays, they develop a huge self-loathing for themselves. Then these politicians overcompensate by pushing for legislature attacking the very freedom they would rather have, in an effort to prove to their peers that they're not gay, thereby adding to the hate. Crazy cycle.

Hypocrites to the end.

Reminds me of this guy: Bush Campaign Chief and Former RNC Chair Ken Mehlman: I'm Gay - Marc Ambinder - Politics - The Atlantic

When they had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to influence change for the better for gays, they cut 'n ran/hid in the closet. :rolleyes: It goes w/o saying that they have to lie, at least through omission, to get into those positions they hold in the first place

Last edited:
Sometimes I get the impression that GOP candidates have a check list they work from.

Christian -- check
Family Values -- check

Etc.

Love NASCAR -- check
Hate fags -- check
Hate immigrants -- check

It's more than sad. It's pathetic. Of course politicians (not all politicians, thankfully) have usually adopted positions based on what will help them win elections. But now political staffs and their media consultants use poll-driven data and focus groups to decide what the image of the candidate should be, regardless of whether it's true or not.

Christian -- check
Family Values -- check

Etc.

Love NASCAR -- check
Hate fags -- check
Hate immigrants -- check

I know many Republicans and I'm not aware of a single one of them who hates immigrants.

Your opening post is valid criticism. Not sure why you felt you had to start with the lies.

A conservative Mississippi mayor has said he is gay after an audit showed he had the city pay for a wide range of personal expenses, including a visit to a gay sex store in Canada.

Davis, a Republican, has been under criminal investigation for allegedly misusing $170,000 in city funds on both his city-issued and personal credit cards. According to the Commercial Appeal, an audit revealed he used city money to pay for thousands of dollars worth of liquor, expensive dinners, and a $67 charge at Priape, a Toronto store described by its website as “Canada’s premiere gay lifestyle store and sex shop.”

Davis, who is divorced with three daughters, made an unsuccessful bid for Congress in 2008, running on a family values platform.

I don't have any problem accepting people who are gay. But face it, this guy's a phony. And you see a lot of that out of some of the most conservative, family values politicians.

i wonder how much time he spent getting votes on the 'i hate gays' issue....

I wonder why you didn't dennounce that bigoted rabbi for his bullshit on Tim TeeBow and Christians?

I wonder why you didn't dennounce that bigoted rabbi for his bullshit on Tim TeeBow and Christians?

Because he wasn't being hypocritical about it. Now if he was a secret Christian I would denounce his hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back