More foreign fighters join Taliban in Afghanistan

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Jon Hemming
2 hours, 32 minutes ago

KABUL (Reuters) - More foreign fighters are joining the ranks of Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan as militants increasingly cross the border from Pakistan to attack Afghan and Western troops, the Afghan Defense Ministry said on Wednesday.

Afghanistan has kept up a barrage of criticism against neighbor Pakistan in the last three months, accusing Pakistani agents of being behind a string of high-profile attacks and allowing militants sanctuary along the long and porous border.

"The presence of foreign fighters is increasing, and increasingly the operations of the terrorists are led by foreigners," Defense Ministry spokesman General Mohammad Zaher Azimi told a news conference.

Afghan, NATO and U.S.-led coalition forces are struggling to contain a sharp surge in violence as the traditional summer fighting season gets into full swing.

Already more U.S. troops were killed in Afghanistan in May and June than in Iraq, where there are some four times more American soldiers.

more ... More foreign fighters join Taliban in Afghanistan - Yahoo! News

I learned yesterday that 2 oil men that gave Bush millions for his presidential library are getting oil deals with the Kurds in Northern Iraq. The deals are not going to Al Malaki, so basically the central government means shit. Now the Shiites have oil, but the Sunni's do not have very much. So basically the Sunni's, in the future, are going to be very bitter and so expect many Sunni's to join the terrorists and cause a lot of trouble in the future. Most of the 9-11 terrorists were Saudi Sunni's. George Bush and his oil men are breeding terrorists and making things worse. The deal should have included the Iraqi government, which represents Sunni's, shiites and Kurds.

I thought we wanted one iraq, not 3 different countries?

I learned yesterday that 2 oil men that gave Bush millions for his presidential library are getting oil deals with the Kurds in Northern Iraq. The deals are not going to Al Malaki, so basically the central government means shit. Now the Shiites have oil, but the Sunni's do not have very much. So basically the Sunni's, in the future, are going to be very bitter and so expect many Sunni's to join the terrorists and cause a lot of trouble in the future. Most of the 9-11 terrorists were Saudi Sunni's. George Bush and his oil men are breeding terrorists and making things worse. The deal should have included the Iraqi government, which represents Sunni's, shiites and Kurds.

Umm I hate to even ask but link please?

Didn't you say about a week ago you would stop posting stuff you "heard" and stick with stats?

Umm I hate to even ask but link please?

Didn't you say about a week ago you would stop posting stuff you "heard" and stick with stats?

If the media is liberal Charles, why aren't they telling these stories? Doing this is going to ruin the idea of having one Iraq and it is going to cause rage within the Sunni population, not to mention undermine the Iraqi central government, because they aren't going to get the revenue. The revenue will go straight to the Kurds. So expect terrorism to come from this move. Why haven't you heard this? And I am sure you will make excuses and downplay how bad of a move this is, because you don't understand what is going on.

Oversight Committee: Despite Denials, Administration Knew About Bush Donor’s Oil Contracts»

Bush Advisor Richard Perle Linked To Kurdish Oil Plan
Bush Advisor Richard Perle Linked To Kurdish Oil Plan - Ron Paul Forums

So again, if you really want to know what is going on in politics, you should tune into Air America and/or Nova M radio. Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, Bill Press, Ed Schultz. They don't hide what's going on, they tell you what the mainstream and corporate media are hiding from you.

USA today is not a liberal mag Charles because if they were, they would have reported this. Wake up.

Sorry yesterday I said Barrack is winning every poll 47 to 41 percent. Boy, you sure busted me...:lol:

And if I post something I heard, then I can't very well include a link to my brain. I heard it. Luckily you can find almost everything on the internet. So if you come back with why you don't think this is a big deal, please provide a link to some article defending these conflicts of interest and/or moves that could create more trouble in the future for both us and Iraq.

We, and our sunni allies in Iraq chased them out of Iraq and now they are in afghanistan. Not shocking really.

At one point our Sunni allies were fighting us. They got sick of Al Queda so they helped our cause yes, but we also paid them and armed them. So now that we are fucking them with oil revenues, don't expect them to stay buddies forever.

Our sunni allies. :lol:

Maybe if the central government could pull it's shit together all three factions in Iraq could benefit form oil deals. Something wrong with doing business with them before they pull it together?

Maybe if the central government could pull it's shit together all three factions in Iraq could benefit form oil deals. Something wrong with doing business with them before they pull it together?

It makes the central government even more irrelivent. If the Kurds can strike seperate deals and the Shiites can strike their own deals, then why would they want to be a part of a central government? So now don't expect the Kurds to want to be a part of Iraq.

So basically you don't see a problem with the Sunni's getting screwed from here going forward, because their part of Iraq has very little oil.

We are creating terrorists. Watch and see.

Now I said a long time ago that iraq should just be broken up into three countries. But the consensus was that was a bad idea. Bush said so, and so did everyone else. But it looks like we are moving in that direction.

Just look at what Robert Gates said:

"Military efforts to capture or kill terrorists are likely to be subordinate to measures to promote local participation in government and economic programs to spur development, as well as efforts to understand and address the grievances that often lie at the heart of insurgencies," the document said. "For these reasons, arguably the most important military component of the struggle against violent extremists is not the fighting we do ourselves, but how well we help prepare our partners to defend and govern themselves."

So when bush undermines Iraq's central goverment and shuts out the Sunni's from sharing in the oil revenues, he us going against what Robert Gates is saying here. Get it???

Forum List

Back