More evidence of Israel's discrimination

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
A number of gay Palestinian men are risking their lives to cross the border into Israel, claiming they feel safer among Israelis than their own people. According to some estimates, there are now 300 gay Palestinian men secretly living and working in Israel.
Their willingness to live there - despite the risk of being detained and deported as a security threat - is due to Palestinian attitudes towards gay men, they claim.
One 22-year-old gay man who fled from Gaza into Israel four years ago told BBC World Service's Outlook programme he was almost killed when his family found out about his sexuality.
He says that when he was 18, he was caught with his boyfriend by his brother.
"[My brother] brought a stick and hit us," he said. "He tied us up with an iron rope and went to call my dad, and tell my partner's. Then he came back and hit us again."

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Palestinian gays flee to Israel

Not that the facts are going to make a difference to the progressives, but it might open some eyes to see how some of the people who have to live in Gaza actually feel about it.

Well I'm convinced. Israel's relative openness to homosexuality makes their policies of ethnic discrimination and collective punishment A-OK. :thup:

Well I'm convinced. Israel's relative openness to homosexuality makes their policies of ethnic discrimination and collective punishment A-OK. :thup:

The policies that exist only in your head?
Yeah, uh-huh.

"The Arab citizens of Israel live in a reality in which they experience discrimination as Arabs. This inequality has been documented in a large number of professional surveys and studies, has been confirmed in court judgments and government resolutions, and has also found expression in reports by the state comptroller and in other official documents. Although the Jewish majority’s awareness of this discrimination is often quite low, it plays a central role in the sensibilities and attitudes of Arab citizens. This discrimination is widely accepted, both within the Arab sector and outside it, and by official assessments, as a chief cause of agitation." - Theodor Or, Israeli High Court Justice (Ret.)

Even the United States can't ignore Israel's flagrantly discriminatory policies. I'll refrain from picking out the highlights; you'd benefit from reading the entire 2004 report:

Israel and the occupied territories

Remember, everyone, discrimination is okay as long as it's kosher. :thup:

Yeah, uh-huh.
"The Arab citizens of Israel live in a reality in which they experience discrimination as Arabs. This inequality has been documented in a large number of professional surveys and studies, has been confirmed in court judgments and government resolutions, and has also found expression in reports by the state comptroller and in other official documents. Although the Jewish majority’s awareness of this discrimination is often quite low, it plays a central role in the sensibilities and attitudes of Arab citizens. This discrimination is widely accepted, both within the Arab sector and outside it, and by official assessments, as a chief cause of agitation." - Theodor Or, Israeli High Court Justice (Ret.)

That sounds like White Privilege to me.

Yeah, uh-huh.

I'm sure that many parallels could be drawn between Israel and the Reconstruction-Era South...

Yeah, uh-huh.

I'm sure that many parallels could be drawn between Israel and the Reconstruction-Era South...

They have carpetbaggers in Israel?

Why would you waste time having a conversation with a man that supports the indiscriminate murder of women and children. A man that supports terror attacks on schools, buses and marketplaces? A man that supports a Government who has a written policy of driving all Jews into the ocean?

Why would you waste time having a conversation with a man that supports the indiscriminate murder of women and children. A man that supports terror attacks on schools, buses and marketplaces? A man that supports a Government who has a written policy of driving all Jews into the ocean?

You clearly have me confused with some Russian or Israeli politician.

Do you or do you not support Hamas?

Certainly not to the extent that you support Israel.

Certainly not to the extent that you support Israel.

Can not even be honest can you? You are an apologist for terrorists. That makes you a supporter. One that supports the indiscriminate murder of innocent women and children. One that supports suicide bombers and the launching of missiles, rockets and mortars into civilian areas in the hopes that civilians die.

You are scum. Thanks for proving it.

Nope.

Then explain how Israel is like the south during reconstruction.

Keep in mind when you attempt to explain this that I will be able to point to gay Palestinians that prefer to live in Israel than in Gaza so that they will not be killed by their families. I can also point to the historic fact that cultures always target gays if they are bigoted and discriminatory. Homosexuals are always the easiest target of discrimination, and the last to gain legal recognition. The fact that Israel allows them to live openly does more to dispel your contention that Israel is racist than anything else I have ever seen.

I have noticed that the people of Israel do discriminate against people that want to kill them

It gives me a chance to make him look foolish. I want him to show me how a society that openly allows homosexuals is actually a racist one. My bet is he will have a hard time doing so because tolerance for homosexuals is the surest indication that a society is truly color blind.

Nope.

Then explain how Israel is like the south during reconstruction.

Keep in mind when you attempt to explain this that I will be able to point to gay Palestinians that prefer to live in Israel than in Gaza so that they will not be killed by their families. I can also point to the historic fact that cultures always target gays if they are bigoted and discriminatory. Homosexuals are always the easiest target of discrimination, and the last to gain legal recognition. The fact that Israel allows them to live openly does more to dispel your contention that Israel is racist than anything else I have ever seen.
So, the existence of gay communities in major cities like Tel Aviv just blows any claim of discrimination out the window? I see. How convenient. Unfortunately, like most Zionist propaganda, it just doesn't mesh with the facts.

You don't have to be a Muslim to feel the heat from Israel's climate of ethnoreligious supremacism.

Ethiopian Jew? Not good enough.
Ethiopian community hit hard by discrimination - Israel News, Ynetnews

Haredi (ultra-orthodox)? Not good enough for Israel.
Poll: 83% of haredim suffer ethnic discrimination - Israel Jewish Scene, Ynetnews

Forum List

Back