*** More brief downtime ***

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
vBulletin has just released an emergency update to the software that urgently needs to be installed. I hate to do this during 'prime time' but I have no alternative as it's for security reasons.

I will be temporarily shutting down the board at 7pm EST this evening. The upgrade shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes and then we'll re-open.

Thanks

jimnyc said:
vBulletin has just released an emergency update to the software that urgently needs to be installed. I hate to do this during 'prime time' but I have no alternative as it's for security reasons.

I will be temporarily shutting down the board at 7pm EST this evening. The upgrade shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes and then we'll re-open.

Thanks

Is that Jimmy the Board Admin talking, or Jimmy the Gay Care Bear talking? (One of them, we don't have to listen to) :D

gop_jeff said:
Geez... there's an old thread!

Yeah, but *I* just got around to reading it, and spit perfectly good coffee all over the place.

The upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.5 has been completed. vBulletin has done a spectacular job of notifying their customers of potential security flaws and making the upgrades as smooth & quick as possible.

Should anyone experience any issues after this upgrade, please post in this thread.

Thanks!

gop_jeff said:
What's changed?

Nothing noticeable has changed. There was a major security flaw found in all prior releases, including the one I just upgraded to last week! This new version patches the flaw.

Nonetheless, almost every file was overwritten. There's always a possibility of a corrupted file or bad code that may result in issues in the board.

Shattered said:
Is that Jimmy the Board Admin talking, or Jimmy the Gay Care Bear talking? (One of them, we don't have to listen to) :D
that was an awesome thread!

Forum List

Back