Moonbats Now Have Taken Control Of DNC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Credit was given in advance regarding the left blogs if Lamont won. The MSM actually went out of their way to credit sites like Daily Kos for fundraising and such, ignoring the fact that Lamont mostly used his own money. So, guess which groups are now 'in control?':

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/08/lamonts_win_is_bad_news_for_de.html

And from Kos:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/8/9/41720/34915

2. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Ned's victory speech was hilarious. Screaming that he is going to "fix health care" and there is Jesse and Sharpton in the back grinning like morons. What happened to Dems' claim that the party is more fiscally responsible than Republicans? The second this guy feels the rush of political power flowing through his veins all he can do is shout about how he wants to expand the welfare state.

And our board Libs can't figure out why we'd rather vote Republican. :baby4:

3. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I don't think it's a good thing when any blog sites like this one or any of the others (left or right affiliated) start to actually affect real politics. Blog sites attract radicals from both sides and it is never good when radicals gain any foothold in political fronts where important decisions that actually affect US citizens are made.

4. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

Libs are now worried about Sen lieberman running as a Indepedent. Perhaps the MOveOn.org nuts will find out the hardway, payback is a bitch

http://newsbusters.org/node/6859

Morning Show Drumbeat: Drop Out Joe!
    Posted by Geoffrey Dickens on August 9, 2006 - 10:34.
    Matt Lauer, Diane Sawyer and Harry Smith aren't dumb, they know a potential roadblock to Democratic success when they see one, and that's why all three of them collectively told Sen. Joseph Lieberman to drop out. Lieberman appeared on all three network morning shows and received identical reactions from all three hosts.

NBC's Matt Lauer on this morning's Today show: "Senator is there any phone call you could receive, is there anyone in the Democratic Party who could call you today and ask you to drop out that you would listen to?" ABC's Diane Sawyer on this morning's Good Morning America: "Senator, I heard you say I'm a Democrat. But you're talking about running as an independent and there are members of the party who've already said, commentators, that this is a selfish decision. How can you run against the party? What will happen?" CBS's Harry Smith on The Early Show: "A final quick question. You will run as an independent at risk of losing the seat to the Republicans? You understand that risk? By splitting the Democratic vote."

Below is the barrage of "Drop Out," questions Lieberman face from Matt, Diane and Harry:

NBC's Today show

Lauer: "Good to have you here, thank you for your time. I would imagine your phone is gonna start to ring pretty early this morning, Senator. The likes of Frank Lautenberg and Chris Dodd and maybe even Bill Clinton calling to say, 'Senator step aside, the voters have spoken.' Are you gonna take their calls or are you gonna screen those calls?"

Lauer: "But, but facts, facts are facts Senator though, and you lost to a political novice by four percentage points. Now that political novice is going to have the support of the entire Democratic machine behind him for these next three months. How can you win?"

Lauer: "Let me go back to that line in your speech last night, I'll paraphrase it if you don't mind. You said, 'For the sake of your state, your country and my party you will not let these results stand.' It's a nice line in a speech but the fact of the matter is there are a lot of Democrats who think now, going forward you're putting your own personal ambitions above the good of the party. How do you respond to that?"

Lauer: "So you won't bend at all on the issue of a deadline for troop withdrawal. Senator is there any phone call you could receive, is there anyone in the Democratic Party who could call you today and ask you to drop out that you would listen to?"

ABC's Good Morning America

Diane Sawyer: "Senator, I heard you say I'm a Democrat. But you're talking about running as an independent and there are members of the party who've already said, commentators, that this is a selfish decision. How can you run against the party? What will happen?"

Sawyer: "President Clinton has indicated that he's going to support the Democratic nominee and so many other members of your party, your friends, have said, we're going to come in and campaign for the Democratic nominee. You're going to be all alone out there. Will you stay in, no matter what, til November?"

CBS's The Early Show

Harry Smith: "And that's why you've said you're going to run as an independent, even though polls show among Democrats, 61% of people polled yesterday said don't do it."

Smith: "A final quick question. You will run as an independent at risk of losing the seat to the Republicans? You understand that risk? By splitting the Democratic vote."

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    He'll be running for senator, as an independent. Already registered.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    More pontificating from Kos:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/8/8/231459/7695

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Here's hoping the Republican wins in CT. Who is the Republican candidate, anyway?

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not that he has a chance:

http://www.schlesinger2006.com/

9. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Republicans should not waste their time in the senate race. CT is a liberal state despite what the liberal media says

http://newsbusters.org/node/6860

Smith Hits Lieberman Loss from Left
    Posted by Lyford Beverage on August 9, 2006 - 10:55.
    On Wednesday's edition of CBS' The Early Show, anchor Harry Smith discussed the primary election results from the state of Connecticut with Senator Joe Lieberman and political analyst Amy Walter. Harry took his standard, normal position - the left side. (I would bet that at some point in his life, some place and some where, at some time, Harry Smith asked a question of someone from the more conservative side of an issue, but I've never seen it.) In the course of his interviews, Smith asked a question or prompted Lieberman with a comment, 5 times. 4 of them could be considered as coming from a neutral point-of-view, though the emphasis and context certainly seemed to be the Democratic point-of-view. The fifth was clearly a question from the Democratic point-of-view. (You can click here to see Harry Smith's questions for Senator Lieberman...)

HS: Incumbents do not get turned out of office, especially in primaries in this country. Do you understand that your support for the war is the reason you lost Tuesday?
    HS: And that's why you've said you're going to run as an independent, even though polls show among Democrats, 61% of people polled yesterday said don't do it.

HS: I hear that. Also, though, through this race, there was a sense among people just, you know, talking to people in the corner store, at the local gas station, 18 years in the senate. Some folks there just said maybe Joe's lost touch with his constituency.

HS: But you are so closely aligned with his -- with his war policy.

HS: A final quick question. You'll run as an independent at risk of losing the seat to the Republicans? You understand that risk. By splitting the Democratic vote.

Clearly the last question is a question that comes from a partisan Democratic perspective. The interesting one to me is that first one. He doesn't ask Lieberman whether he thinks or considers that he lost because he supported the effort to go into Iraq - he asks whether Lieberman understands that that's why he lost. Smith's position assumes that position. It may, probably is, the case, but a "fair-and-balanced" questioner would not have started that way.
    And there's a huge political analysis question that went unanswered. It went unanswered because, of course, it went unasked. It is a question something along the lines of "Senator, do you think that the fact that the extreme left was able to generate enough votes to beat you in the primary carries potential negative ramifications for national security?" But that's the kind of question that you see only if you're in the center or on the right. Those aren't places that Harry Smith stands.

After finishing with Lieberman, Smith went on to discuss the results with Amy Walter, who is a senior editor for the Cook Political Report. And again, his prompting came primarily from the left, from the "what does this suggest that the Democrats need to do?" position. (The mainstream press is always concerned about what the Democrats have to do to win.)

HS: Does this send a message to Democrats to say, if you want our support, you better get out there and be against the war and against the president?
    HS: By and large, it's kind of a moderate state in many, many ways. A lot of Republican congressional seats there. Is this -- is there a wind? Is in a shift? Is there something that can be gleaned out of this?

I love that amusing suggestion that COnnecticut is a "moderate" state. When I look back two years, I see that there were only 5 states (plus Washington, DC) where John Kerry got a higher percentage of the two-party vote than he did in Connecticut. The extremely liberal Chris Dodd more than doubled the vote total of his Republican challenger. While it is true that there are three Republicans and only two Democrats in the US House of Representatives at the moment, a quick glance shows that the three Republicans, none of whom are conservative, won close races and the two Democrats won blow-outs. In the 2004 US Representative voting in Connecticut, the Democratic candidates took over 55% of the two-party vote. In other words, to call Connecticut a "moderate" state is to suggest that there's no such thing as a "liberal" state.
    Which, come to think of it, probably accurately represents Harry Smith's feelings...

10. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Lieberman is a sore loser, but Gore & Kerry weren't?!

:rotflmao: