'Monopoly For Millennials.' It’s Too Real To Be Funny

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
LOL Right in the chops.

Introducing 'Monopoly For Millennials.' It’s Too Real To Be Funny (But It's Still Funny).
"Forget real estate. You can't afford it anyway."

The iconic board game Monopoly has a whole bunch of iterations and themes, but Hasbro has outdone itself this time by releasing what can only be described as the first-ever Monopoly tailored to a specific generation: Monopoly for Millennials.

This is not a joke: pic.twitter.com/AJWSGm1I1F

— Paul Bois (@PaulBois39) November 15, 2018
"Forget real estate. You can't afford it anyway," reads the tagline to the board game that strikes a nerve every bit as much as it strikes the jugular, a game too real to be funny, which is exactly why it's so funny. "Adulting is hard. You deserve a break from the rat race," reads the box's back alongside a graphic of Uncle Pennybags taking a selfie.

As the caption suggests, players of this Monopoly are too flat broke to buy any actual real estate. Instead, they are invited to buy "experiences." According to Mashable, those experiences include going to the Vegan Bistro, crashing on a Friend's Couch, or embarking on a Week-Long Meditation Retreat. The game also encourages players with the most debt to roll the dice first.

Needless to say, "Monopoly for Millennials" has not exactly gone over well with its target audience, who have been blasting it on Twitter as a cruel joke of the Baby Boomer generation.

Introducing 'Monopoly For Millennials.' It’s Too Real To Be Funny (But It's Still Funny).

LOL Right in the chops.

The iconic board game Monopoly has a whole bunch of iterations and themes, but Hasbro has outdone itself this time by releasing what can only be described as the first-ever Monopoly tailored to a specific generation: Monopoly for Millennials.

"Forget real estate. You can't afford it anyway," reads the tagline to the board game that strikes a nerve every bit as much as it strikes the jugular, a game too real to be funny, which is exactly why it's so funny. "Adulting is hard. You deserve a break from the rat race," reads the box's back alongside a graphic of Uncle Pennybags taking a selfie.

As the caption suggests, players of this Monopoly are too flat broke to buy any actual real estate. Instead, they are invited to buy "experiences." According to Mashable, those experiences include going to the Vegan Bistro, crashing on a Friend's Couch, or embarking on a Week-Long Meditation Retreat. The game also encourages players with the most debt to roll the dice first.

Needless to say, "Monopoly for Millennials" has not exactly gone over well with its target audience, who have been blasting it on Twitter as a cruel joke of the Baby Boomer generation.

Just ordered my copy from Amazon, you know the place where 112 billion dollar Jeff Bezos (liberal democrat) owns. Tried Walmart but they ran out , hurry quick only 5 copies left at Amazon...I can see the price going up soon as supply is definately lacking the demand....

LOL Right in the chops.

Just ordered my copy from Amazon, you know the place where 112 billion dollar Jeff Bezos (liberal democrat) owns. Tried Walmart but they ran out , hurry quick only 5 copies left at Amazon...I can see the price going up soon as supply is definately lacking the demand....

You mean Hasbro didn't give in to the snowflake's demands they cease mocking them?

LOL Right in the chops.

You mean Hasbro didn't give in to the snowflake's demands they cease mocking them?
Why do you think I bought my copy so quickly? If the PC crowd bullies Hasbro into submission, those will become very expensive..

Not even this spoof version can save you from the fact that Monopoly is one of the dullest board games one can play.

Not even this spoof version can save you from the fact that Monopoly is one of the dullest board games one can play.
Well, duh. That's because it's not a one-player game.

It’s boring regardless of the players. It’s a classic, but I’ve moved on to much enjoyable board games.

It’s boring regardless of the players. It’s a classic, but I’ve moved on to much enjoyable board games.
Yeah, I hear ya. We need more boardgames like Trouble, in which the die bangs around inside that little plastic bubble.

Yeah, I hear ya. We need more boardgames like Trouble, in which the die bangs around inside that little plastic bubble.

Loved that game. I always felt you got doubles more with the pop-o-matic bubble than traditional rolling.

Does anyone have a link that takes you to the actual product? Every link I go to from the OP links me to just another site with an article.

Only for those who lack interest in bettering themselves financially.
I love forcing someone into bankruptcy!!!
Must be the Republican in me.....

No, that's not that it. We are pretty heavy into board games here and I am pretty much over the roll-and-move type games. Even the classics.

Only for those who lack interest in bettering themselves financially.
I love forcing someone into bankruptcy!!!
Must be the Republican in me.....

No, that's not that it. We are pretty heavy into board games here and I am pretty much over the roll-and-move type games. Even the classics.

To be honest I cant tell you the last time I played a bored game.....

Forum List

Back