Mom Accused Of Throwing 3 Young Children In SF Bay

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
ugh... i feel just like the mayor... "I'm sick to my stomach".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9758632/

Mom accused of throwing 3 kids into S.F. Bay
Authorities say woman was hearing voices; one child’s body found

Updated: 6:07 a.m. ET Oct. 20, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO - A woman who authorities said was hearing voices tossed her three young children off a pier into San Francisco Bay. Rescuers had found one body, and the other two children were feared dead.

The mother, Lashaun Harris, 23, of Oakland, was booked on three counts of murder, the San Francisco Chronicle reported in Thursday’s editions. Her children were identified as Trayshaun Harris, 6, Travante Greely, 3, and Joshua Harris, 1.

A child’s body was found about four hours after a witness reported seeing a woman drop the children into the bay near Pier 7 Wednesday, said Jonathan Guerra of the U.S. Coast Guard.

The San Francisco Examiner reported Thursday that the body of the 3-year-old had been recovered.

While rescuers searched for the children, an empty stroller was visible on the pier. A small inflatable Coast Guard boat was hugging the water front as rescuers used hand-held flashlights to search under the pier. Larger Coast Guard and San Francisco police boats were searching the water with high-powered flashlights.

'I'm sick to my stomach,' mayor says
Mayor Gavin Newsom came to the scene to get briefed by authorities and would only tell reporters, “I’m sick to my stomach,” before leaving.

Lashaun Harris told authorities that voices had told her to throw her children into the water, the Chronicle reported. It was not immediately known whether she had an attorney.

She had been staying with her children at a Salvation Army shelter in Oakland, Mary Ann Ramirez, the social services manager of the shelter, told the Chronicle.

“I just talked to her yesterday,” Ramirez said Wednesday. “We had our usual how are you doing, how’s the kids. I would never have guessed in a million years that today she would do that.”

The incident happened in the Embarcadero area, which draws tourists to the historic Ferry Building within view of Coit Tower and the landmark Transamerica pyramid. The fishing pier offers views of San Francisco, the Bay Bridge, ships in the bay, as well as Treasure Islands.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

You know, some people are really messed up. Why is it most of them live in San Fran?

You know, some people are really messed up. Why is it most of them live in San Fran?

she is from oakland....the ones from san fran throw themselves off the golden gate

manu1959 said:
san francisco has become a cesspool

The main problem I have with SF is the price of real estate. I'm curious, besides just saying "it's a cesspool" what do you mean by that?

When I heard this story, the reporter said there were people on the pier at the time she undressed her children and threw them into the bay. I just wondered why someone didn't try to rescue those children. It said a witness reported the incident to authorities, so someone saw what happened at the time it occurred.

Forum List

Back