Mohammed tops list of English baby names!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Hit the road, Jack.

Last year's most popular name for baby boys in England has been knocked off -- by Mohammed.

That's not immediately obvious from data put out this week by the Office of National Statistics, which declared Wednesday that Oliver was the single most popular name for boys born in 2009.

But a CNN analysis of the top 4,500 boys names shows that, when different spellings of the name are lumped together, Mohammed is No. 1.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-28/world/uk.mohammed_1_mohammed-islam-imam-abdullah?_s=PM:WORLD

Last edited:
Oh, and CNN did run this... back in October 2010. You're a tad late catching on, as per usual.

Unlike you and TM I actually have gainful employment and don't sit playing on the internet all day.

Yea, yea, yea. That 'insult' is old. Get a new game. And while you're there - get a fucking clue and post something current.

And stop hating on Muslims.

Oh, and CNN did run this... back in October 2010. You're a tad late catching on, as per usual.

Unlike you and TM I actually have gainful employment and don't sit playing on the internet all day.

Yea, yea, yea. That 'insult' is old. Get a new game. And while you're there - get a fucking clue and post something current.

??????????

Sorry, don't get your drift there. No comment was made about the name. It is just a statistic. You read with your own hate filled jaded eyes.

Air your gripe about the date to CNN. It showed up on their list today.

Last edited:
If that were the case, you would actually be reading the thread about it. But you're not. You're here! Hmm.......

Well then, why don't you point me to the thread from Oct 2010 so i can read about it.

I'm not your search engine.

There is a thread about the ship. Find it yourself.

Oh, you're talking about your "shipwreck" thread.

You do know that the term "shipwreck" is used for vessels that have sunk or have been too heavily damaged to repair, right??

Your little story does not have anything to do with a shipwreck, it is merely a ship to structure collision. Since there was no loss of life, it is equivalent to running a barge onto a sandbar.

Well then, why don't you point me to the thread from Oct 2010 so i can read about it.

You do know that the term "shipwreck" is used for vessels that have sunk or have been too heavily damaged to repair, right??

Your little story does not have anything to do with a shipwreck, it is merely a ship to structure collision. Since there was no loss of life, it is equivalent to running a barge onto a sandbar.

Yeah, well a lot of lives are going to be affected by this barge running into a sandbar. And the economy of the region as well, shit for brains.

It IS a ship. And it DID wreck. Call it grits if you want, I don't give a shit.

Yeah, well a lot of lives are going to be affected by this barge running into a sandbar. And the economy of the region as well, shit for brains.

It IS a ship. And it DID wreck. Call it grits if you want, I don't give a shit.

Looks pretty good for a wrecked ship.

6660db2e-92c9-4404-b8b0-f0de28282e7f.jpg

Give me 8 hours with a Manitowoc or Liebherr crane, and I'll have it looking good as new.

Of course your right Cali girl, we shouldn't feel any negative emotions for a religion of followers who worship a murdering child molester or support honor killings. Of course we should love a religion whose followers ram Two planes full of men women and Children into a couple of buildings killing about 3000 people and then dance in the street. We Should have the utmost compassion and reguard for a religion whose Imams frequently call for the annihilation of anyone who isn't a follower of Islam. Yeah I see the logic in that, really I do.

So why is the link to some bridge collapse?

Maybe because it's more fascinating than the zombie topic? :dunno:

:wtf: NOTHING is more fascinating than the zombie topic!

Zombies don't make sense. They eat for what reason? They don't repair their flesh,they are dead. They walk slower than cold molasses making them an easy target, they are dumber than rocks, oh and don't tell me the old dude didn't know the kid was a zombie in the barn.WTF!

Of course your right Cali girl, we shouldn't feel any negative emotions for a religion of followers who worship a murdering child molester or support honor killings. Of course we should love a religion whose followers ram Two planes full of men women and Children into a couple of buildings killing about 3000 people and then dance in the street. We Should have the utmost compassion and reguard for a religion whose Imams frequently call for the annihilation of anyone who isn't a follower of Islam. Yeah I see the logic in that, really I do.

Even though this thread is about baby names, I think you nailed it.

I wonder how many would take offense and accuse me of 'hating on Catholics' if I posted a link stating that the number one baby name in Latin America is Mary. Which it likely is.

This actually came up on CNN yesterday. But I was reading it on my android. Went back in to look it up last night, and may have accidentally picked an old link, but this was on CNN yesterday. AND the link in the opening post of this thread is from CNN. So I guess CNN is 'hating on muslims' just for mentioning it.

Last edited:

Even though this thread is about baby names, I think you nailed it.

I wonder how many would take offense and accuse me of 'hating on Catholics' if I posted a link stating that the number one baby name in Latin America is Mary. Which it likely is.

This actually came up on CNN yesterday. But I was reading it on my android. Went back in to look it up last night, and may have accidentally picked an old link, but this was on CNN yesterday. AND the link in the opening post of this thread is from CNN. So I guess CNN is 'hating on muslims' just for mentioning it.

looks like the real racists are Cali Girl and Sunni man. lol What's the big deal if the most popular baby name is Mohammad. Well aside from Mohammad isn't really an attractive name IMHO. I wouldn't name my kid that, everybody would call him Moe or Ham. To answer Sunni mans question I would prefer the following names over Mohammad.

Henry
Victor
Ian
Sammuel
James
Nathaniel
Caleb
Charles
Ernest
Elijah
Rory

Forum List