Moderators -- Can you look into this, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that this morning the site is posting my remarks, but it's not clearing the "field" where I type them. The first time it happened to me, the site displayed the "thinking gif" at the top right corner of the page and when that disappeared, my message was still in the posting window. I thought it was "my fault," so to speak, perhaps the connection or something. I clicked "post" and upon refreshing the page, saw that my message had been double-posted. (I deleted one of them.)

The same thing happened again, and then I saw that seemingly other members are experiencing the same thing:

It's been on going, I thought bripat had gone further off the edge when his post at 3 something AM repeated three times.
Howe can he go further than free fall?

Hmmmm... good question.

A. During my career I needed to (try) to interview a witness who was Manic Depressive and was being treated on a ward at the Napa St. Hospital. The three times I went to this locked ward, a young man was standing near the door and was rocking back and forth slowly and repetitively (he was not the witness).

Staff told me he was in a catatonic state, I suppose he was in free fall when his family (my conjecture) has him conserved and placed at Napa. So, the answer I have is yeah, he can go further into the abyss.

It's a figment of your imagination.

Just tell yourself it isn't happening.

If you are seeing double posts from others you may need glasses.

When I initially logged in this morning it took a minute to load.

Looks like the problem has not been resolved.

But your camera is on and we can see everything.

This was not a double post.

Look a the post number of your "not double posts." They are both post #2.
Eventually things will be back to normal.

It's actually a conspiracy to keep everyone off the site and giving their undivided attention to their wonderful wives and mother's.

Last edited:
It's a figment of your imagination.

Just tell yourself it isn't happening.

If you are seeing double posts from others you may need glasses.

When I initially logged in this morning it took a minute to load.

Looks like the problem has not been resolved.

But your camera is on and we can see everything.

This was not a double post.

Look a the post number of your "not double posts." They are both post #2.
Eventually things will back to normal.

It's actually a conspiracy to keep everyone off the site and giving their undivided attention to their wonderful wives and mother's.
unfortunately, it would be a 900 miles trip to spend time with my mother, and I dont' think FTD delivers to cemeteries.

The last Mothers Day card I sent ended up in the dead letter office.

200.gif

I've found that after hitting POST REPLY, I wait one minute then go to my toolbar and reopen USMB in a new window. I then check that thread and find my reply is posted and I can close the first window. Try it.

It's annoying. Just have to wait on admin to pop in and reboot.

I am about to dance naked outside to see if this place stop the double posting!!!

Note:

It look like it is fixed so humanity eyes saved for today... but if Ding Fanny Pack comes around I am using the naked dance to kill the fanny pack!

( sober while attempting humor is like having sex drunk and it is sloppy and humorless )

The first time it happened to me, the site displayed the "thinking gif" at the top right corner of the page
Well, that was certainly a mistake.

I can understand your chagrin.

Chagrin is not what I was feeling.
Don't hit submit more than once.

Ive been submitting the comment once, and then 'active topics' twice to see the thread and comment.

I'm too impatient! I get pissed off and hit the reply button a bunch of times! Computer issues are SO frustrating to me! :dunno:

The first time it happened to me, the site displayed the "thinking gif" at the top right corner of the page

Ive been submitting the comment once, and then 'active topics' twice to see the thread and comment.

I'm too impatient! I get pissed off and hit the reply button a bunch of times! Computer issues are SO frustrating to me! :dunno:
Everything should now be working. I can't help crediting a certain mod. :)

Huh? I don't know what you're talking about. I was just saying that I find computer problems to be frustrating.

A

Huh? I don't know what you're talking about. I was just saying that I find computer problems to be frustrating.
Same here.
I credit a mod for fixing the problems many of us were having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back