Mitt Romney to Fight Evander Holyfield in Charity Bout

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Mitt Romney to Fight Evander Holyfield in Charity Bout

Mitt Romney to Fight Evander Holyfield

"It will either be a very short fight, or I will be knocked unconscious"

Forget about Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, the real fight of the century is scheduled for May 15 when Mitt Romney enters the ring to battle Evander Holyfield in Salt Lake City.

Yes, you read that right. Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, and Holyfield, the five-time heavyweight titleholder who smacked around the likes of Mike Tyson and George Foreman, are going to lace up gloves and duke it out in a charity exhibition.

However, Romney has no delusions about actually winning this contest.

“It will either be a very short fight, or I will be knocked unconscious,” Romney told the Salt Lake City Tribune. “It won’t be much of a fight. We’ll both suit up and get in the ring and spar around a little bit.”

A portion of the proceeds will help support Charity Vision, which provides doctors and facilities in poverty-stricken areas with equipment and resources to carry out eye operations.

So...He's never running for political office ever again? Loops of the knock-out blow will get aired for the rest of time and come up if he tries. :)

I may not agree with many of his political positions, but Romney seems like a good enough guy. Obviously Mayweather will go easy on him, but we all know the end result. A charity will gain money, and Romney will gain some respect. Good game, Romney. :thup:

I think it's foolish. I know Romney is a good guy. He doesn't need his lights punched out to prove it. Sure the charity will get money. Romney could supply it in his own and probably will. Too dangerous

Romney is going to be wearing a suit and tie in the ring.

True story!

I think it's foolish. I know Romney is a good guy. He doesn't need his lights punched out to prove it. Sure the charity will get money. Romney could supply it in his own and probably will. Too dangerous
He's got a tough chin. The Dems worked him over pretty good and toughened him up.

Holyfield is going to play with Romney. This is a staged performance to generate interest for a charity. Good for both of them for being good sports.

Forum List

Back