Mitch McConnell postpones Senate’s summer vacation

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Has this ever been done before? Leadership and commitment to winning.

Get 'er done Trump!

http://nypost.com/2017/07/11/mitch-mcconnell-postpones-senates-summer-vacation/

WASHINGTON – The Senate will remain in session during the hot and sticky days of August to give Republicans more time to pass a health care bill and make progress on other legislative priorities.

The upper chamber will wait until the third week of August to get out of town for its annual six-week vacation, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Tuesday.

He quickly drew praise from conservatives who had urged the GOP leader to delay the break until Republicans fulfill their promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

“Leader McConnell is right – Washington needs to take promises more seriously,” said Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), who advised his colleagues earlier this month not to “walk away” from health care reforms.

The Senate should “be willing to work 6 days a week, 18 hours a day until” a deal is struck, he added.

McConnell’s decision to delay the recess came hours after Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) made a stunning announcement about a parallel push by some Republicans to introduce a separate Obamacare replacement bill with bipartisan appeal.

“I’m working with some senators to come up with a new approach to deal with how to replace Obamacare. I think it will potentially attract some Democrats,” Graham told reporters.

I don't remember it ever happening before, and while I respect the sound of it, the proof is in the pudding now. Talk is cheap and Congress is full of empty talk. It is up to them to get things done, and DONE WELL.

The People have spoken, and the Senate has has ignored them.

McConnell is a bum, and is leading his caucus of the cliff. He has nothing to lose, he has kept his promise to Trump, with the quid pro quo of his wife receiving a job in Trump's administration.

Trump, McConnell and Ryan are LIARS!!!

See:

Study: ObamaCare market 'stabilizing,' not collapsing

More evidence shows Obamacare is getting healthier, but will that stop the GOP wrecking crew?

Study says ACA market is stabilizing

Of course non of this will convince the echo chamber and biddable Trump supporters; admitting the the truth will define them as fools.

Forum List

Back