Mitch McConnell intends to crush tea party candidates

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/09/u...-to-stamp-out-challenges-from-right.html?_r=0

Better late than never.

This election season, Republicans led by Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky are taking a much harder line as they sense the majority within reach. Top congressional Republicans and their allies are challenging the advocacy groups head on in an aggressive effort to undermine their credibility. The goal is to deny them any Senate primary victories, cut into their fund-raising and diminish them as a future force in Republican politics.

“I think we are going to crush them everywhere,” Mr. McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, said in an interview, referring to the network of activist organizations working against him and two Republican incumbents in Kansas and Mississippi while engaging in a handful of other contests. “I don’t think they are going to have a single nominee anywhere in the country.”

I dare to dream.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/09/u...-to-stamp-out-challenges-from-right.html?_r=0

Better late than never.

This election season, Republicans led by Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky are taking a much harder line as they sense the majority within reach. Top congressional Republicans and their allies are challenging the advocacy groups head on in an aggressive effort to undermine their credibility. The goal is to deny them any Senate primary victories, cut into their fund-raising and diminish them as a future force in Republican politics.

“I think we are going to crush them everywhere,” Mr. McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, said in an interview, referring to the network of activist organizations working against him and two Republican incumbents in Kansas and Mississippi while engaging in a handful of other contests. “I don’t think they are going to have a single nominee anywhere in the country.”

I dare to dream.

My name is Dana Boone. I know Mr. McConnell's territory. Boone trumps all. And I am a Boone. I'm coming down from Sundown Manitoba. I want him to lose. I don't care for someone else to win you see. I just want old Mitch to lose. Why because he has been in bed with Democrats for too long.

I will make this happen. Watch for me. I am real and I have have kin well hells bells I'm a Boone how can you not have kin.

Better late than never.

I dare to dream.

Along with mainstream republicans tired of losing elections as a consequence of incompetent, insane TPM candidates.

I think ole Mitch done underestimated the Tea Baggers. Making threats sure won't make 'em back down. If anything, it'll mobilize them to support anyone to oppose Mitch and his gang of RINOS. Just watch the upcoming primaries and generals.

Better late than never.

I dare to dream.

Could have fooled me, he seems more scared of the Teaparty than anything else. I thought early on if he'd take a stand against them, others in the Senate would follow suit. It's getting pretty late at this point, he needs to decide and get the others in line with him.

I hope he fails at this attempt. We will get rid of the talking turtle....and have the pleasure of running against idiot nutjobs. Best case scenario.

Better late than never.

I dare to dream.

Well, he might do it. He'll, his constituents have been stupid enough to keep voting him in so far.

A GOOD Republican should incorporate the principles of the Tea Party if possible, or at least integrate some of the TP principles. Tea Party principles are good, but often misunderstood on purpose by idiots!

I hope he fails at this attempt. We will get rid of the talking turtle....and have the pleasure of running against idiot nutjobs. Best case scenario.

Let's see this dance how it will play out.

What? I thought you were a Boone? With you throwing your support against him, he doesn't have a chance!

Don't tell me you are doubting your ability to get the job done!

Could have fooled me, he seems more scared of the Teaparty than anything else. I thought early on if he'd take a stand against them, others in the Senate would follow suit. It's getting pretty late at this point, he needs to decide and get the others in line with him.

I am pretty sure a few Tea Party candidates haven't made any bones about wanting to put Mitch McConnell and a few other sitting Senators out of a job.
It only makes sense Mitch McConnell and friends will do whatever they can to hold onto their seats.

No Matter who wins those seats between Tea Party candidates or GOP Rhinos ... They are not going to be on the left side of the aisle.
If Mitch McConnell screws things up and gives the seats over to the Democrats ... Then he may get to be just as useless as he has been for the past 7 years.

Forum List

Back