Missouri Schools Complain About Obama Logo School Supplies

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
COLUMBIA, Mo. — Several Missouri schools are complaining about notebooks and pencils with designs similar to the logos from President Barack Obama's campaign.

The Columbia Daily Tribune reports that complaints from unhappy officials at three Missouri schools have prompted the supply company responsible for the materials to travel across the state recalling notebooks and pencils.

The design at issue includes a picture of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Above the coins is the phrase: "CHANGE" and underneath it reads: "WE CAN BELIEVE IN." Below the words is a circle used by Obama's campaign, in which the top half is blue and the bottom is red with three white lines cutting through it.

Click here to see the school supplies.

At least one notebook and pencil with the design have been purchased from a school supply machine at a Columbia elementary school. Two families have complained about the design, and Principal Mary Sue Gibson said she planned to complain to the supply company.

"I just don't want to get into that political arena at all," Gibson said.

Greg Jones, a sales representative with Pencil Wholesale, said the design was an accident.

Jones, who delivers supplies to about 800 schools, said he remembers seeing the design but didn't think anything about it. He said the supplies were designed by a different company and that "the art department was trying to be cutesy."

Missouri Schools Complain About Obama Logo School Supplies - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

COLUMBIA, Mo. — Several Missouri schools are complaining about notebooks and pencils with designs similar to the logos from President Barack Obama's campaign.

The Columbia Daily Tribune reports that complaints from unhappy officials at three Missouri schools have prompted the supply company responsible for the materials to travel across the state recalling notebooks and pencils.

The design at issue includes a picture of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Above the coins is the phrase: "CHANGE" and underneath it reads: "WE CAN BELIEVE IN." Below the words is a circle used by Obama's campaign, in which the top half is blue and the bottom is red with three white lines cutting through it.

At least one notebook and pencil with the design have been purchased from a school supply machine at a Columbia elementary school. Two families have complained about the design, and Principal Mary Sue Gibson said she planned to complain to the supply company.

Greg Jones, a sales representative with Pencil Wholesale, said the design was an accident.

Jones, who delivers supplies to about 800 schools, said he remembers seeing the design but didn't think anything about it. He said the supplies were designed by a different company and that "the art department was trying to be cutesy."

Missouri Schools Complain About Obama Logo School Supplies - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I can't tell if that is pro-obama or anti-obama propoganda. Either way its propoganda and should have no business being funded by public tax dollars....PERIOD.

I can't tell if that is pro-obama or anti-obama propoganda. Either way its propoganda and should have no business being funded by public tax dollars....PERIOD.

Cooties. Very bad indeed.

No worries, the Grand Obama Youth plan has already failed and by the time he is finished in the White House, such items will be nothing but cheap novelty items at flea markets nationwide. Price for a buck or less.

Mike

I'm thinking this cover is a sly insult to obama's slogan....showing the only change you can believe in is the stacks of change he leaves you with when he lets the government take all your cash for "the common good"

Yeah I just do not understand why the right gets upset about trickle down economics working and giving us change?

Yeah I just do not understand why the right gets upset about trickle down economics working and giving us change?

:rofl:

Again man you are funny as hell today. Trickle down economics is Reganomics :lol:

Trickle Up economics is Obamanomics ;).

Oh wait wait i get it now.....your calling obama's plans what they truly are, trickle down economics. What else would be giving billions to the huge auto and banking companies, while letting people still lose their homes, be called?

If obama was truly doing trickle up he would have given the billions to the citizens in stimulus checks and not to big corporations and ceos in the form of bailouts.
'

Again man you are funny as hell today. Trickle down economics is Reganomics :lol:

Oh wait wait i get it now.....your calling obama's plans what they truly are, trickle down economics. What else would be giving billions to the huge auto and banking companies, while letting people still lose their homes, be called?

If obama was truly doing trickle up he would have given the billions to the citizens in stimulus checks and not to big corporations and ceos in the form of bailouts.
'

Just campaign contribution rebate checks.

'

Yeah but you and I should have got those kickbacks, no the big lobbyists/corporations ;).

'

Yeah but you and I should have got those kickbacks, no the big lobbyists/corporations ;).

You should have donated more to the Obama campaign.

If obama was truly doing trickle up he would have given the billions to the citizens in stimulus checks and not to big corporations and ceos in the form of bailouts.'

Didn't he do that? While taking our guns away?

Brainwashing is alive and well in the good ole USA :lol:

Is it any surprise when the National Endowment for the Arts (a taxpayer funded organization) is working with the Obama Administration to create 'issues' art messaging? I'm not surprised that no one - other than Glenn Beck - is looking at this but, personally, I find it offensive that my tax money is going towards supporting partisan agendas.

Can anyone say 'propoganda'?

ahhhh.. Home sweet home.

first off, you dumb motherfuckers, Obama had nothing to do with this. It was a mistake by the art department of the school supply company. end of story. someone tried to be cute and their joke backfired. Hell the book REP states as much.

but, don't let any of that keep you silly fucking lemmings from crying bloody fucking nazi youth camp..

ahhhh.. Home sweet home.

first off, you dumb motherfuckers, Obama had nothing to do with this. It was a mistake by the art department of the school supply company. end of story. someone tried to be cute and their joke backfired. Hell the book REP states as much.

but, don't let any of that keep you silly fucking lemmings from crying bloody fucking nazi youth camp..

C'mon...we all know that Obama is responsible.

Forum List

Back