Decade of 2000s was warmest ever

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Dec 7, 7:08 AM EST

Decade of 2000s was warmest ever, scientists say

By CHARLES J. HANLEY
AP Special Correspondent

It dawned with the warmest winter on record in the United States. And when the sun sets this New Year's Eve, the decade of the 2000s will end as the warmest ever on global temperature charts.

Warmer still, scientists say, lies ahead.

Through 10 years of global boom and bust, of breakneck change around the planet, of terrorism, war and division, all people everywhere under that warming sun faced one threat together: the buildup of greenhouse gases, the rise in temperatures, the danger of a shifting climate, of drought, weather extremes and encroaching seas, of untold damage to the world humanity has created for itself over millennia.

TBO.com - News From AP

Reality check time. The average Temperature went up a little over a degree from 1900 to 2000. OF COURSE 2000 to 2009 was warmer then previous years. Once could go back to the early 1900's and probably have a similar head line as the average temperature went up about a degree from 1800 to 1900.

However note that since 1998 the average temperature has been nearly neutral.

Reality check time. The average Temperature went up a little over a degree from 1900 to 2000. OF COURSE 2000 to 2009 was warmer then previous years. Once could go back to the early 1900's and probably have a similar head line as the average temperature went up about a degree from 1800 to 1900.

I really don't understand your post. you said it went up a litter over one degree from 1900 to 2000 which somehow means "OF COURSE" 2000 to 2009 was warmer? but then you say since 1998 the avg temp has been neutral??

what am i missing?

I really don't understand your post. you said it went up a litter over one degree from 1900 to 2000 which somehow means "OF COURSE" 2000 to 2009 was warmer? but then you say since 1998 the avg temp has been neutral??

what am i missing?

What is Sarge missing?

By CHARLES J. HANLEY
AP Special Correspondent

It dawned with the warmest winter on record in the United States. And when the sun sets this New Year's Eve, the decade of the 2000s will end as the warmest ever on global temperature charts.

Through 10 years of global boom and bust, of breakneck change around the planet, of terrorism, war and division, all people everywhere under that warming sun faced one threat together: the buildup of greenhouse gases, the rise in temperatures, the danger of a shifting climate, of drought, weather extremes and encroaching seas, of untold damage to the world humanity has created for itself over millennia.

TBO.com - News From AP

These aren't the same scientists from climategate right? They aren't using the same data, that those scientists in "ClimateGate" doctored are they?

I'm not trying to bust your chops i really dont know if they are or aren't...if they are this article is bullpoop, if they aren't i'd like to see where they got the data from.

By CHARLES J. HANLEY
AP Special Correspondent

TBO.com - News From AP

These aren't the same scientists from climategate right? They aren't using the same data, that those scientists in "ClimateGate" doctored are they?

I'm not trying to bust your chops i really dont know if they are or aren't...if they are this article is bullpoop, if they aren't i'd like to see where they got the data from.

I have no idea who those scientists are. Research it out if you want.

By CHARLES J. HANLEY
AP Special Correspondent

TBO.com - News From AP

I tried the article isn't really open about who the people that gathered and interpreted the data they used are. Maybe they are legit scientists....most of these articles however are based off the doctored data by those scientists involved in climategate.

I tried the article isn't really open about who the people that gathered and interpreted the data they used are. Maybe they are legit scientists....most of these articles however are based off the doctored data by those scientists involved in climategate.

The alledgedly doctored data I think. Is the jury in on that yet?
Just the jury of public opinion I think.

What is hard to understand? In about 15 years the average temperature went up about a 1/3 of a degree. That stopped in 1998. Since 1900 the average temperature went up over a degree. Which by the way is what the average was expected to increase by.

It is WARMER now by one degree then anytime in the last 100 years. OF COURSE since the temperature went up this last decade would be warmer then previous decades. It is not rocket science.

What part of the " the average temperature has increased by just over 1 degree" don't you understand?

The question one should be asking is if we are supposedly in a rapid warming period brought on by increasing C02 levels, which have steadily increased since 1998, why hasn't the temperature also steadily increased?

Why is 2009 only going to be the 5th warmest year on record?

The alledgedly doctored data I think. Is the jury in on that yet?
Just the jury of public opinion I think.

The scientits claimed they doctored it within their own emails. I'm just going by that.

See what they did by being dishonest about the data....they took an issue that is legitimate and cast tons of doubt over it.

If it is ever proven that man contributes to global warming it will turn out the be the liberals fault.

hahahahahaha

And by then it will be hammering us.
Trillions to build dikes around FL, etc.

If it is ever proven that man contributes to global warming it will turn out the be the liberals fault.

hahahahahaha

Wait, Chris and Old Rocks keep INSISTING the South Pole is melting and faster and faster every year. Where did all that water go? How come the rates of sea level increase are still the same as have been historical so far?

hahahahahaha

Wait, Chris and Old Rocks keep INSISTING the South Pole is melting and faster and faster every year. Where did all that water go? How come the rates of sea level increase are still the same as have been historical so far?

The antartic ice sheet is growing....its the artic that is shrinking ;).

How to tell the Article is 100% Bullshit:

"The warming seas were growing more acid, too, from absorbing carbon dioxide, the biggest greenhouse gas in an overloaded atmosphere."

How could it possible be the "Warmest ever" when there was a time there were no polar ice caps and Greenland was deglaciated?

FUCKING LIARS!!!!

Forum List

Back