"Miss Beverly Hills" invokes Leviticus

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
'Miss Beverly Hills' moniker has city crying foul - latimes.com

'Miss Beverly Hills' moniker has city crying foul
The designation is claimed by a Miss California USA contestant who opposes gay marriage. But the city says it has no beauty pageant and there is no such title.
By Martha Groves

February 24, 2010 | 4:05 p.m.

Lauren Ashley, a Miss California USA contestant and outspoken opponent of same-sex marriage, claims to represent Beverly Hills; Beverly Hills lays no claim to her whatsoever.

Quite the opposite.

In a statement Wednesday, the city said it was "shocked" by Ashley's description of herself as "Miss Beverly Hills." The city "does not sponsor a beauty pageant and has no association with Miss CaliforniA," the statement said. "As such, there should be no individual claiming the title of Miss Beverly Hills."

The city's statement said Ashley lives in Pasadena and "does not represent Beverly Hills in any capacity."

The issue became a sore point for city officials after Ashley, 23, was quoted extensively as saying same-sex marriage goes against God and the Bible.

She recently told Fox News and other outlets that "in Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white." <more>

Found this on a site called Femenisting.com. I thought the little warning was nice. Brace yourelves, now:

While headlines are popping up everywhere about how Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley opposes same-sex marriage, where are the headlines about her contention that God thinks gays should be put to death? Here's one (content may be upsetting):
"The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman," Ashley told FOX News. "In Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white."

Found this on a site called Femenisting.com. I thought the little warning was nice. Brace yourelves, now:

While headlines are popping up everywhere about how Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley opposes same-sex marriage, where are the headlines about her contention that God thinks gays should be put to death? Here's one (content may be upsetting):
"The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman," Ashley told FOX News. "In Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white."

What the Bible says about Shrimp
(God hates them.)

Leviticus 11:9-12
These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10
These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat: whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Shrimp eaters will go to hell! I wonder if this bimbo likes sea food? :lol:

(God hates them.)

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat: whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Ever seen a netful of live shrimp? Nasty little bastards.

(God hates them.)

But shrimp tastes good!

Oh and didn't the bible say you have to be a virgin until marriage? Didn't the bible also say you have to stay married to your spouse. Divorce is a sort of sin?

I love how people take SPECIFIC things from the bible to spout hate with yet they don't live the bible ver batim.

This girl sucks. (and I think that's a sin as well:))

(God hates them.)

But shrimp tastes good!

Oh and didn't the bible say you have to be a virgin until marriage? Didn't the bible also say you have to stay married to your spouse. Divorce is a sort of sin?

I love how people take SPECIFIC things from the bible to spout hate with yet they don't live the bible ver batim.

This girl sucks. (and I think that's a sin as well:))

If she is trying to be Miss California then she has NOT been married yet. And you have zero proof she is NOT a virgin. But hey nice try.

Leviticus, eh?

Lauren_AshleySEP06_226LR-1.jpg

I wonder if Leviticus would approve of beauty contests? She's very stonable.

She must be Jewish...we've been told that Christians don't follow the Old Testament anymore.

I don't believe she was saying that God wants them "put to death"...that's not what it says in the Bible. When God talked about death, that meant if they don't atone and change their ways and turn to Him, that when they die that will be their death, they will not be raised to live with God in Heaven. There is NOTHING that God doesn't forgive if He's asked to (and the person asking has to be truthful - God knows whats really in their hearts). Just love it when words are twisted like that....

I don't believe she was saying that God wants them "put to death"...that's not what it says in the Bible. When God talked about death, that meant if they don't atone and change their ways and turn to Him, that when they die that will be their death, they will not be raised to live with God in Heaven. There is NOTHING that God doesn't forgive if He's asked to (and the person asking has to be truthful - God knows whats really in their hearts). Just love it when words are twisted like that....

Spin cycle engaged.....

Forum List

Back