Military Recruiters, Confronted By Crowd, Leave Campus Job Fair

Hmmmm……kicked the living shit out of a pencil. Interesting. JUST KIDDING!

(it's all important) :bow2:

Darwins Friend said:
Hmmmm……kicked the living shit out of a pencil. Interesting. JUST KIDDING!

(it's all important) :bow2:

Yes it is.

I suppose I deserved the joking remark after my comment about repairing airplane engines.

Trust me though....my involvement did not involve pencils.

GotZoom said:
Yes it is.

I suppose I deserved the joking remark after my comment about repairing airplane engines.

Trust me though....my involvement did not involve pencils.

Watching a cruise missile travel 500 nautical miles, after leaving the tube from a submarine and boosted by a Harpoon lifter - to land within 3 meters of its designated target - I can easily understand, and respect that.

Darwins Friend said:
Watching a cruise missile travel 500 nautical miles, after leaving the tube from a submarine and boosted by a Harpoon lifter - to land within 3 meters of its designated target - I can easily understand, and respect that.

Been there, planned that, done that.

And to this, I will agree agree with you.

GotZoom said:
Been there, planned that, done that.

And to this, I will agree agree with you.

I fully understand that to take control, real control - over a piece of real estate and a group of folks, you’re forced to put boots on the ground. That’s a given, but it absolutely breaks my heart to see these kids blown up in close proximity to supposed ‘peaceful civilians’. What I mean to say by this is that we should at least double the spending on our high technology for the combat theater - to lesson that effect on our best.

Setting comfortably on a flat-top for most of my career, I can only guess what real soldiers have to face - and the less they have to carry and the better they can be support should be our number one priority - if we’re going to stay in the business of real ass-kicking.

Darwins Friend said:
I fully understand that to take control, real control - over a piece of real estate and a group of folks, you’re forced to put boots on the ground. That’s a given, but it absolutely breaks my heart to see these kids blown up in close proximity to supposed ‘peaceful civilians’. What I mean to say by this is that we should at least double the spending on our high technology for the combat theater - to lesson that effect on our best.

Setting comfortably on a flat-top for most of my career, I can only guess what real soldiers have to face - and the less they have to carry and the better they can be support should be our number one priority - if we’re going to stay in the business of real ass-kicking.

It breaks all of our hearts to watch our brethren die "over there." The thing is, the United States has always been about the spread of democracy. Since the beginning of American history, the US has wanted to give the gift of democracy to everyone. "We" all know that this requires some sacrifice
and are willing to lay ourselves down in order to give this beautiful gift to everyone who wants it. This war isn't about stopping the spread of communism or liberating an ally. This war is about freeing a nation that has lived under a repressive regime. We aren't liberating, we are creating.

Darwins Friend said:

War is SUPPOSED to break your heart. Problem is---the other side hasn't stopped attacking. If and when they do I have a hunch the US will stop too.

Lets not forget the amount of Iraqis killed too. Our numbers must pale in comparison to the numbers of Iraqis killed by terrorists. These people line up to join the police and literaly get blown up by the dozens. Yet they seem commited to at least keep trying to establish a government and ultimately peace.

Since the beginning of American history, the US has wanted to give the gift of democracy to everyone.

Can the same be said about the Korean Conflict?

Darwins Friend said:
Can the same be said about the Korean Conflict?

I vaguely referenced Korea and Vietnam with "stopping the spread of communism." I simply meant that the President has taken us back to the ideals of our forefathers by taking the gift of democracy to those that need it. If this is too difficult for you to grasp, then go back and read a history book. I know its been like 186 years since you were in school.

It "absolutely breaks my heart" that so many of our military have given their lives to ensure freedom of speech and yet are not afforded the same respect when trying to speak about the opportunities available in the military for these young people. :duh3:

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
onthefence said:
I vaguely referenced Korea and Vietnam with "stopping the spread of communism." I simply meant that the President has taken us back to the ideals of our forefathers by taking the gift of democracy to those that need it. If this is too difficult for you to grasp, then go back and read a history book. I know its been like 186 years since you were in school.

And that was the official reason we went to Korea, or the real reason?

Regarding my ability to grasp - I can only rely on my actual experiences during those conflicts. Please feel free to educate.

Darwins Friend said:
And that was the official reason we went to Korea, or the real reason?

Regarding my ability to grasp - I can only rely on my actual experiences during those conflicts. Please feel free to educate.

Well-----what was the reason they gave you for being there?

dilloduck said:
Did you find any ?

Was that my mission? No, to answer your question - I, personally did not, but the Pentagon did and they ushered in the beginning of the aerospace industry.

Forum List

Back