military application of hoverboard

A hover board wouldn't last very long in the mountains, the winds are just to much...I know I wouldn't get on one with a combat load...sure wouldn't want to carry the damn thing....

The whole idea of these being useful for military applications is ridiculous.
They may be useful in some obscure way I haven't been able to discern but I dont see it.
Why ruck march when you can hover up the hill

A hover board wouldn't last very long in the mountains, the winds are just to much...I know I wouldn't get on one with a combat load...sure wouldn't want to carry the damn thing....

They may be useful in some obscure way I haven't been able to discern but I dont see it.

For one the things are loud,and two you become a big fat target.

Yea but you become a hovering target. Very confusing to the enemy

Yea but you become a hovering target. Very confusing to the enemy

About as confusing as shooting skeet....

Nope. Those cave dwellers see a platoon of hovering men, I think that'll rattle their nests. Plus, shooting skeet is so easy because you're using a shotgun. The enemy never comes close enough for that kind of shot. Most engagements are 300+meters.

Nope. Those cave dwellers see a platoon of hovering men, I think that'll rattle their nests. Plus, shooting skeet is so easy because you're using a shotgun. The enemy never comes close enough for that kind of shot. Most engagements are 300+meters.

Surely you've heard of the golden BB.
I sure as hell wouldnt want to advance on a dug in position with zero cover,but thats just me.

I sure as hell wouldnt want to advance on a dug in position with zero cover,but thats just me.
You now know the enemies position? Man we could have used you on patrols. Most of the time the enemy is surprised to see us

You now know the enemies position? Man we could have used you on patrols. Most of the time the enemy is surprised to see us

In the spirit of this thread yes.

They wouldnt be surprised if you were riding those things.
They'd hear you coming a mile away giving them lots of time to set up an ambush.

They'd hear you coming a mile away giving them lots of time to set up an ambush.
How many decibels are you saying these hoverboards make. Not to mention, they might see flying soldiers and think we're some kind of God army.

How many decibels are you saying these hoverboards make. Not to mention, they might see flying soldiers and think we're some kind of God army.

It would have to be pretty loud...loud enough that you would lose situational awareness I would bet.

It would have to be pretty loud...loud enough that you would lose situational awareness I would bet.
You get used to noise. Ever ridden in a chopper for a long period of time and then spotted the enemy?

You get used to noise. Ever ridden in a chopper for a long period of time and then spotted the enemy?

It's not a matter of getting used to it.
I want to be able to hear whats going on around me.
Moving through say the streets of Fallujah would be a death sentence.

We aren't patrolling the streets of Fallujah

Just an example of where it would be a bad idea.

Personally I wouldnt want to be out in the open riding something that screams "HERE I COME"!!!
I'd rather use all available cover and concealment on the ground thanks.

Just an example of where it would be a bad idea.

Personally I wouldnt want to be out in the open riding something that screams "HERE I COME"!!!
I'd rather use all available cover and concealment on the ground thanks.

Yep

Even for some special missions using a hover board there would be too many possibilities for the need scrub a mission to make it useful...even a skilled helicopter pilot on the Bin Laden mission flew into a wall...for regular Infantry forget it, one has enough trouble keeping infantry units up to combat strength without giving them something many will end up with many non-combat related injuries...

Even if the claims are true, how in the world could the U.S. military gain anything from propelling a human through the air at 93 mph for 7-10 minutes? Legend has it that a 57 chevy was propelled through the air for the same length of time with a couple of military rockets.

Forum List

Back