~Middle Child~

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabs, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Anyone ever hear of the middle child syndrome??
    Meaning...if you have 3 children, the middle child gets the least amount of attention, because you have the oldest child...then you have the baby of the family....so the middle child, feels left out.
    I was an only child till I was age 13.

Which makes me my Mother's only daughter, which is just one of the many reasons we shared such a close bond :)

But, Mother and my SF had a son when I was 13...and he's a fucking bastard...to this day.

We have nothing to do with each other. I tried.....but he did some crappy stuff after we lost our Mother and Dad.

I guess I should have made this thread more about how does everyone get along with their siblings.....but the middle child thingie has been brought up a lot in my life, so I was curious about that too.

2. violet

violet BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    yeah I wasn't as smart as my older sister aka the perfect child and I wasn't the baby who got everything she wanted because she was the last child. It had it's good points and bad points. I was always compared to my older sister even by teachers. However it was easier to fly under the radar so that was a perk on some things like grades,well until I got F's anyway. When the perfect child got a B instead of an A she freaked,sobbed and fell apart because she thought my Mom would kill her.lol I told her not to worry when Ma saw my F's she'd forget all about the B.

My older sisters first dance she got a new dress and new shoes from my Grandma. I got nothing for my first dance,second dance,any dance. My first dance I wore a white blouse I already had, and a orange vest and skirt my mother bought for me at a tag sale for 50 cents. My younger sister didn't get anything from Grandma either but she did get three new gowns for all the proms she went to. I did get a gown for my 8th grad graduation but so did my sisters cause it was mandatory dress.

OK i'm getting depressed now so I'll stop here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,934
    I'm a middle child.

Enough said. :)

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    I'm the middle of 7. And the only left-hander in the family LOL. I usually grouped up with my 3 younger siblings, as the older guys had their own friends and groups that they hung out with.
    The older brothers picked on me a lot, and when I tried to take out my frustrations on the younger ones, I caught hell from the parents. Add to that 8 years of being taught by nuns, then 13 years married to the bitch from hell.

No wonder I drink.

But I'll say this- when we lost our mother in '88 (dad died in '67) we all became closer than ever before. Kinda cool.

5. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    I am a middle child....and we are all as close as the poles. They can be forced together for only so long before they repel to their respective ends.

6. leahremini

leahremini Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was also a middle child but coincidentally, also my father's favorite. I guess I just got lucky.

7. bobcollum

bobcollum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,003
    I was the middle child, but I was also the only son. I think the attention was balanced pretty well.

8. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    Well, technically I'm not the middle child. My second oldest brother lived just under 24 hours.
    It was the 40's.

9. firstresident

firstresident Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a middle child, never had any problems....

10. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZHveWFvqM]Marcia, Marcia, Marcia - YouTube[/ame]