Michele Bachmann Proposes "Don't Add, Don't Spell"

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Reflects Core Tea Party Values, Says Minn. Lawmaker

bachmann.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS - In her official Tea Party response to President Obama's State of the Union Address, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) offered a bold new policy initiative she called "Don't Add, Don't Spell."

Rep. Bachmann called the proposal "a reflection of core Tea Party values" and said it would "deliver the American people from the tyranny of arithmetic, spelling, and punctuation."

In addition to "Don't Add, Don't Spell," Rep. Bachmann suggested slashing the Federal budget by eliminating nine of the first ten Amendments to the Constitution.

"I think you know which one I'd keep," she chuckled, miming a Western gunslinger with her index fingers.

Rep. Bachmann's odd onscreen appearance, in which she seemed to be staring off-camera for the duration of her speech, was initially blamed on "a squirrel that got into the studio and distracted her," said one Tea Party official.

But the Minnesota congresswoman offered her own explanation: "I was looking off to one side because I was trying to read off Sarah Palin's hand."

More

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Last edited:
LOL Orwell would love Michelle.

George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language," 1946

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/What-Orwell-Didnt-Know-Propaganda/dp/1586485601/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296302365&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: What Orwell Didn't Know: Propaganda and the New Face of American Politics (9781586485603): Andras Szanto, Orville Schell: Books[/ame]

"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. George Orwell

Reflects Core Tea Party Values, Says Minn. Lawmaker

bachmann.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS - In her official Tea Party response to President Obama's State of the Union Address, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) offered a bold new policy initiative she called "Don't Add, Don't Spell."

Rep. Bachmann called the proposal "a reflection of core Tea Party values" and said it would "deliver the American people from the tyranny of arithmetic, spelling, and punctuation."

In addition to "Don't Add, Don't Spell," Rep. Bachmann suggested slashing the Federal budget by eliminating nine of the first ten Amendments to the Constitution.

"I think you know which one I'd keep," she chuckled, miming a Western gunslinger with her index fingers.

Rep. Bachmann's odd onscreen appearance, in which she seemed to be staring off-camera for the duration of her speech, was initially blamed on "a squirrel that got into the studio and distracted her," said one Tea Party official.

But the Minnesota congresswoman offered her own explanation: "I was looking off to one side because I was trying to read off Sarah Palin's hand."

More

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

I don't know who's dumber; Michelle for saying the Founding Fathers eliminated slavery, or Sarah for saying that the Soviet Union collapsed because of Sputnik.
What do you think? UPC.bz - Send a Message

Forum List

Back