Michele Bachmann lied about attending family reunion, says her own mother!

Michele Bachmann's own mother ratted her out for skipping a family reunion - which the Tea Party darling blamed for making her late to an event in Iowa Sunday night.

Bachmann's mom, Jean Amble, and her two cousins told Politico Monday that the Minnesota congresswoman never showed up at the reunion, though hubby Marcus Bachmann and the couple's children did.

More : Michele Bachmann lied about attending family reunion, says her own mother!

wake up and smell the coffee.....Conservative politicians are liars. They say what they believe the electorate wants to hear and they hope the media doesnt poick up on the lies.

Afterall, we all know how the media is easy on conservative women....they most certainly wont dig into every little thing they say.

Look at Palin.....the whining bitch got a free ride...and still found stuipid little things to complain about when it came to the media. They tossed her soft ball questions about the Bush Doctrine and such.....and she whined like a baby.

Bachmann is a liar...through and through.

But dont blame her. COnservatives HAVE to lie. I mean...really....you dont exepct them to stump wioth the truth....

"vote for me. I am a racist and I hate black children. I wish all of the poor would either leave the country or starve to death. I prefer them not dying on our streets cause it will cost us money to get rid of their remains....so I say lets ship them out to sea and let the sharks have fun. Whatdyasay?"

That must be a spoof but it is a good representation of the left loonies here on this board...

Spoof?

lol....what planet are you from?

Look at what hapopened back in October before the election.

Palin was asked by Charlie Gibson:

"What are your thoughts on the Bush Doctrine."

Now everyone knows abouth the Bush Doctrine...afterall, it was in the news everyday for months. An esay softball question with an easy answer.

yet look at the difficult question asked of Obama...

"who do you predict will win the World Series?"

I mean...really...who has the ability to forecast a winner of a baseball game? He was put on the spot and everyone knows that if he guessed wrong it would cost him the election.

Lets be honest....Pretty, conservative women are asked easy softball questions...and Liberal men are expected to answer the difficult ones.

Nope...no spoof here.

:eusa_angel::eusa_angel::eusa_angel:

The author who wrote the article about Bachmann in The New Yorker also says that she fudged her story about her family history and Iowa.

GROSS: You write that one of the things she's best known for is her habit of casting outlandish aspersions on her ideological foes and then having to reel back those statements with a ritual apology.

And you actually witnessed two examples of that when you were traveling on her campaign plane in June. What were those examples?

Mr. LIZZA: Well, I mean, the first thing I should say is, I truly don't mean this in any partisan way, but this is the fourth presidential campaign I've covered; I've been covering politics since 1997, and I've never really covered a candidate, sort of at her level, who frankly makes so many misstatements when - so many factual misstatements. She's fairly careless with the facts.

I'll just give you one example, and I think this example is quite interesting because you can sort of see a text from what - from which Michele Bachmann took a series of facts, and then you can watch her give a speech based strictly on that text, and then you can sort of compare the two.

And the story isn't that important, but she is of course a very strong candidate in Iowa, is really emphasizing her Iowa roots. She has - she was born in Iowa, and she has a long history of ancestors who were from Iowa.

And so she told a story about how her ancestors came to the United States from Norway, and she tells a series of dramatic stories about their flight from Norway to Iowa: floods, bad weather, locusts, this and that, and then they finally persevere and survive and live happy lives.

But all of the dramatic stories she told, that she told her audience happened in Iowa, actually happened in Wisconsin and South Dakota. And so I was - and her cousin actually wrote a family history, where it very clearly laid out the facts of her family moving to Wisconsin and then moving to South Dakota and these dramatic things happening in South Dakota, and then her family leaving the frontier of South Dakota for the relative safety and civilization of Iowa.

And in Bachmann's hands, this became a story of just botched facts and misstated narrative. And I'll be honest with you, that sort of blew me away when I sat there and looked at the text she took this from and how she delivered the speech. And that may seem like a trivial example, but when you're running for president, these things really do matter. That's one example.

She has also spent much of her life receiving government compensation in one form or another. From the interview.

For someone whose ideology is really defined by a strong dislike for government, if you look at the way that she's supported herself over the years, it's mostly through the government. So after law school she goes to work for the IRS, she's there for four years, then in 1992 she starts taking in foster children and does that from '92 to '98 and is paid by the state to do that. She then works briefly for a local charter school and then she starts running for office and becomes both first an employee of the state of Minnesota and then, of course, a congresswoman, so an employee of the federal government.

On top of that, as has been well reported, her husband is a psychologist, has two counseling clinics that, of course, like any other medical professional, you know, takes lots of money from the government medical - from Medicaid and Medicare. And then on top of that, you know, has received some generous farm subsidies for a farm he owns in Wisconsin. So if you actually went through the dollar amount of income that the Bachmanns have from government sources, it would be a pretty significant.

I do think it is very commendable that she took on so many foster children. I admire her for that.

The Books And Beliefs Shaping Michele Bachmann : NPR

Last edited:
Michele Bachmann's own mother ratted her out for skipping a family reunion - which the Tea Party darling blamed for making her late to an event in Iowa Sunday night.

Bachmann's mom, Jean Amble, and her two cousins told Politico Monday that the Minnesota congresswoman never showed up at the reunion, though hubby Marcus Bachmann and the couple's children did.

More : Michele Bachmann lied about attending family reunion, says her own mother!

wake up and smell the coffee.....Conservative politicians are liars. They say what they believe the electorate wants to hear and they hope the media doesnt poick up on the lies.

Afterall, we all know how the media is easy on conservative women....they most certainly wont dig into every little thing they say.

Look at Palin.....the whining bitch got a free ride...and still found stuipid little things to complain about when it came to the media. They tossed her soft ball questions about the Bush Doctrine and such.....and she whined like a baby.

Bachmann is a liar...through and through.

But dont blame her. COnservatives HAVE to lie. I mean...really....you dont exepct them to stump wioth the truth....

"vote for me. I am a racist and I hate black children. I wish all of the poor would either leave the country or starve to death. I prefer them not dying on our streets cause it will cost us money to get rid of their remains....so I say lets ship them out to sea and let the sharks have fun. Whatdyasay?"

did you see the closing ceremonies at gitmo today?

:lol:

Forum List

Back