Mexico urges rich countries to stop 'hoarding' COVID-19 vaccines

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Mexico on Wednesday made a plea at the U.N. Security Council for countries to stop hoarding vaccines against COVID-19 as poorer ones fall behind in the race to vaccinate their citizens.

Three quarters of the first doses have been applied to citizens in only ten countries that account for 60% of global gross domestic product (GDP), Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said, while in more than 100 countries no vaccines have been applied at all.

Who is hoarding the vaccines?

Mexico on Wednesday made a plea at the U.N. Security Council for countries to stop hoarding vaccines against COVID-19 as poorer ones fall behind in the race to vaccinate their citizens.

Three quarters of the first doses have been applied to citizens in only ten countries that account for 60% of global gross domestic product (GDP), Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said, while in more than 100 countries no vaccines have been applied at all.

Who is hoarding the vaccines?
I don't know that it's so much hoarding, as it is all countries are taking care of themselves first. I'd not expect anything else..regardless of ethical implications.

Still..I think Mexico is crying a bit early..and considering that they made a total mess of their chronovirus response....they're just going to have to wait a bit..it's not the zombie apocalypse~

1613618950846.png

I thought this was a great global economy where equity is all important as the Great Reset happens?

My mistake.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Update:

President Joe Biden will announce plans to contribute up to $4 billion to a global Covid-19 vaccine program aimed at assisting developing countries, a move officials argue will bolster American national security interests by helping control the pandemic globally.

a person holding a sign

The U.S. will contribute an initial $2 billion in the coming days to a World Health Organization-backed program called Covax that supports access to vaccines for 92 countries. The remaining $2 billion will be contributed over the next two years, including another $500 million when other donor pledges are fulfilled and initial doses are delivered.

While millions of Americans are still waiting to get access to the vaccine, administration officials said that contributing the funds, which were specifically appropriated by Congress in December for foreign pandemic assistance, will help Americans by reducing the risk of further mutations that could extend the pandemic.

Forum List

Back