LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

Is this true? Are the Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases. Is this a form of backdoor amnesty, or are they simply overwhelmed. And if they are that overwhelmed, doesn't that tell us there are too many illegals and we need to do something? Something like enforce the law and get the border sealed.

If what you're talking about is them not accepting 'referrals' from Arizona...

a) they are under no obligation to accept cases from a state;
b) the pending litigation, in which their argument is that if they accepted cases from all 50 states, they would be overwhelmed, makes it more appropriate for them NOT to pursue AZ's cases.

Everyone's let the border go for 30 years for an awful lot of reasons. That doesn't mean the Feds have to take orders from any state.

Like I said we(the common man/woman) are screwed...

I get so sick of hearing "We're a nation of immigrants." "A nation of descendants of immigrants" is more like it. Obviously we have our share of immigrants, both legal and illegal, but my sister and I, my parents, and all of my grandparents were all born in the USA (and all in Michigan). Some of my great-grandparents came from Europe, most of them around 1900 or shortly thereafter.

And they probably went through Ellis island as they should have.

Is this true? Are the Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases. Is this a form of backdoor amnesty, or are they simply overwhelmed. And if they are that overwhelmed, doesn't that tell us there are too many illegals and we need to do something? Something like enforce the law and get the border sealed.

b) the pending litigation, in which their argument is that if they accepted cases from all 50 states, they would be overwhelmed, makes it more appropriate for them NOT to pursue AZ's cases.

Everyone's let the border go for 30 years for an awful lot of reasons. That doesn't mean the Feds have to take orders from any state.

Not referring to any state actually. But if the law says something and the courts cannot keep up, isn't it time to take measures to fix something. And I do not mean giving them a reward for breaking the law.

And how is the Federal government not under obligation to enforce the law?

Not referring to any state actually. But if the law says something and the courts cannot keep up, isn't it time to take measures to fix something. And I do not mean giving them a reward for breaking the law.

prosecutorial discretion exists for a reason. prosecutors make decisions every day about whom they should or should not prosecute, for a lot of reasons, including whether or not a particular type of case overburdens the system.

sometimes people have to be creative. that's why john mccain tried to put through a bi-partisan compromise bill on the subject. of course, the partisans weren't happy with it. but the reality is, there are a lot of considerations.

.... one of which happens to be that the feds don't have to jump when arizona wants them to.

prosecutorial discretion exists for a reason. prosecutors make decisions every day about whom they should or should not prosecute, for a lot of reasons, including whether or not a particular type of case overburdens the system.

sometimes people have to be creative. that's why john mccain tried to put through a bi-partisan compromise bill on the subject. of course, the partisans weren't happy with it. but the reality is, there are a lot of considerations.

.... one of which happens to be that the feds don't have to jump when arizona wants them to.

When a boat has a hole in it do you keep bailing the water out or do you try to plug up the hole? Arizona is the hole. Why does DHS want to play politics instead of doing it's job...

You come to America, you learn English. Period. If I were to move to France for any reason, I'd be an idiot not to learn some French.

And the French government would not pay for you to learn French, English and the English culture either.
Why do they expect us to pay to teach their Mexican children the Mexican culture?

Hey Big Ol' Bitch, why are you so racist and bigoted?

Were you a Mayflower whore?

Why are you so fuquing angry? I am a Native American and want to see our immigration laws enforced and the violence on the border stopped and the killing of people who want to enter this country to work and suck the life out of ameicans. and see people losing their lives in the desert See controlled migration. Border secured, etc If that make me a fat old racist bigoted. So be it.:tongue:

You're absolutely right. I would have to endure the expense of time, money and energy involved. It all comes down to one thing: personal responsibility.

Mexicans are not too big on personal responsibility. For that matter, neither of those from Central/SoAmerica.

Not suprised... Especially when you have a top Homeland security official with this mentality;
"I don't think the Arizona law, or laws like it, are the solution," Morton

FOXNews.com - Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals Referred From Arizona

Arizona's law mirrors the Federal anti-illegal immigration law... We are so screwed! Guess I shouldn't have slept through Spanish in Highschool :hmpf:

Arizona type laws are the ONLY solution. Federal Immigration and Nationality Law is not the solution because it has never been tried of lately. Did work and will work again if enforced. Arizona type law worked. Illegal aliens were leaving. Isn't that working? IF every state followed Arizona, the Feds would have not choice but to deport. DOJ could not afford to sue them all or have the time and maybe Obama would get the message. WE are not sending a clear and convincing message. We need to bombard Obama with the message that we have had enough and no amnesty or path to citizenship ever and legal immigraiton only.

I get more than enough Mexican culture at Taco Bell.

Mexican activist want us to pay teacher to teach Mexican culture to anchor babies so they will do better in school.:cuckoo:
What better teacher than hands on. Deport them to Mexico with their parents.

Troops to start deploying on Arizona border on Monday

Soldiers will have guns for self-defense, but they will not have the authority to arrest anyone.

He says the troops will have guns for self-defense, but they will not have the authority to arrest anyone themselves; if they spot illegal immigrants, they must report them to the Border Patrol.

Read more: Troops to deploy to Arizona border on Monday

Self defense is good enough for me. Because they will be fired upon and they can fire back.

Attachments

• $ydkj.jpg
    $ydkj.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 16

Soldiers will have guns for self-defense, but they will not have the authority to arrest anyone.

He says the troops will have guns for self-defense, but they will not have the authority to arrest anyone themselves; if they spot illegal immigrants, they must report them to the Border Patrol.

Self defense is good enough for me. Because they will be fired upon and they can fire back.

Kind of too late to fire back once you have a bullet embedded in your chest.

6,000 ICE agents is like finding a nat in the corn patch when trying to deal with 20 million illegal aliens. Criminal illegal aliens were once hard working immigrants who only want to take care of their families. BS. Arrest them and deport them BEFORE they commit crimes and save lives. How many are criminals who have not been cought?

Feds arrest 370 immigrants in raids in 10 statesRead more: Feds arrest 370 immigrants in raids in 10 states

CHICAGO - Federal officials in Chicago say they've arrested 370 immigrants who were in the U.S. illegally or were convicted of other crimes.

They say the arrests were made over three days in 10 states. Those arrested fall into three groups: legal immigrants with convictions that make them eligible for deportation, illegal immigrants who have been convicted of other crimes, and immigration fugitives, who are wanted just for being in the U.S. illegally.

Read more: Feds arrest 370 immigrants in raids in 10 states

Reminds me of the movie "Catch Me If You Can"

Feds arrest 370 immigrants in raids in 10 statesRead more: Feds arrest 370 immigrants in raids in 10 states

CHICAGO - Federal officials in Chicago say they've arrested 370 immigrants who were in the U.S. illegally or were convicted of other crimes.

They say the arrests were made over three days in 10 states. Those arrested fall into three groups: legal immigrants with convictions that make them eligible for deportation, illegal immigrants who have been convicted of other crimes, and immigration fugitives, who are wanted just for being in the U.S. illegally.

Read more: Feds arrest 370 immigrants in raids in 10 states

Reminds me of the movie "Catch Me If You Can"

It's a start.

Yo......Big Ol' Bitch........what part of "useless" do you not understand?

All they can do is look and report? Fuck.....send up a Predator drone and it will do a better job CHEAPER.

Try again you stupid twat.

Republicans are busy targeting Muslims right now.

When they are finished, they will come back to targeting Hispanics.

They're saving gays for sometime after Christmas.

Forum List

Back