Meet Lizard Squad, the group that may have helped North Korea hack Sony

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
An amorphous hacker collective known as Lizard Squad may have played a role in the massive cyberattack against Sony, according to the cybersecurity firm IntelCrawler. The group has attacked Sony previously and appears to have some links to Guardian of Peace, the previously unknown hacker group whose name has appeared on released Sony documents.

This does not necessarily rule out North Korea's involvement in the attack. Rather, if Lizard Squad was in fact involved, it appears most likely that they worked with the North Korean government in some capacity, or that they conducted separate but overlapping attacks.

Meet Lizard Squad the group that may have helped North Korea hack Sony - Vox

I seriously doubt they have any connection to North Korea.
At any rate that is from a couple of days ago.
And this is what has been ongoing since last night:
Merry Christmas. PSN and Xbox LIVE are down thanks to Lizard Squad
Notorious DDoS group claims responsibility
Merry Christmas. PSN and Xbox LIVE are down thanks to Lizard Squad

"The group also tweeted a bomb threat to a commercial flight, knowing Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley was on board, forcing the flight to make an emergency landing."

That's worth 15 years in the slammer no matter what country you're from. You think these guys are "pranksters" as the story suggests? I seriously doubt it. It sounds like the work of Russian hackers to me, or possibly South Korean hackers. Motive, motive, motive. Who has a motive to risk long prison terms for the sake of sabotaging Sony's gaming network?

"The group also tweeted a bomb threat to a commercial flight, knowing Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley was on board, forcing the flight to make an emergency landing."

That's worth 15 years in the slammer no matter what country you're from. You think these guys are "pranksters" as the story suggests? I seriously doubt it. It sounds like the work of Russian hackers to me, or possibly South Korean hackers. Motive, motive, motive. Who has a motive to risk long prison terms for the sake of sabotaging Sony's gaming network?

They are hackers. Not pranksters. Hackers. You got to catch them.
Hackers Ground Sony Executive s Flight With Bomb-Threat Tweet - Forbes

Forum List

Back