Media Politics: Civility: something most people today lack

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I loved listening to Lovell Dyett. He was often at odds with the powers that be and the very politically connected in Boston, yet most every single person respected him. Maybe because Lovell respected his opponents.

Lovell Dyett, hosted talk show on WBZ-AM nearly 40 years - Boston.com

Mr. Dyett passionately argued for equal educational opportunities. Flynn advocated for the benefits of neighborhood schools and emphasized the plight of poor urban white children. The phone lines lit up and the talk went on until midnight on Saturdays.

“It was argue and fight, and then at the end of the night, we would go out for hamburgers or Chinese food,” Flynn recalled. “That’s how much we respected each other.”

get IT yet?

“It was argue and fight, and then at the end of the night, we would go out for hamburgers or Chinese food,” Flynn recalled. “That’s how much we respected each other.”

he'll be missed.

smart guy with a great voice

Lovell had a great program. I wish more of my Boston friends had bothered to listen to him. He had great insight into lots of local issues, and he was always entertaining and informative.

that quote about 'talk to' a person and not an audience rings true in my ears. I often felt Lovell was speaking directly to me.

and sometimes his voice was great to fall asleep to :lol:

he'll be missed.

smart guy with a great voice

Lovell had a great program. I wish more of my Boston friends had bothered to listen to him. He had great insight into lots of local issues, and he was always entertaining and informative.

that quote about 'talk to' a person and not an audience rings true in my ears. I often felt Lovell was speaking directly to me.

and sometimes his voice was great to fall asleep to :lol:

people tell me that, too :D

Dyett covered issues from a race based perspective. There is nothing wrong with that forum as long as you are honest about the agenda.

Dyett covered issues from a race based perspective. There is nothing wrong with that forum as long as you are honest about the agenda.

Depending on what show you listened to...

there were subjects that came up where race or it's perspective were irrelevant and that is where Lovell shined and caught my attention. The man was as intelligent and intereting as Brudnoy (the boy lover) was.

Forum List

Back